• Published 19th Feb 2013
  • 2,911 Views, 291 Comments

From man to mare: Time to tell - The Psychopath



Derry is now confronted with something dangerous that could shatter both his mind and his soul.

  • ...
7
 291
 2,911

Chilling too much

"What's the meaning of this? You've taken me out into the middle of nowhere, mocked me, then abandoned me, and you suddenly appear in this cave looking 'posh' while drinking tea with Jewel!"

Discord just took a sip of his tea and looked at me stoically.

"And?"

I clenched my teeth and stomped towards Discord intent on carving his face out of his skull until Jewel interrupted me.

"Wait! Discord told me that he did that so that you could appreciate the scenery. He never wanted you to get hurt."

"Never wanted me to get hurt?! I was chased by a gigantic beast that was running THROUGH hills and immense boulders."

"Waaaah! Call the WAAAAAAMbulance while you're at it." Discord mocked as he began walking on the ceiling."The thing is, you're too uptight."

"That would be your fault." I growled.

"Oh really?"

"You've gone a long way from the angsty teenager that I had met a long time ago."

Jewel was following something and was holding back laughs. I tried following her eyes but I couldn't see what was going on.

Discord had suddenly dissappeared, but was still speaking.

"When you came here, how were you? Weren't you always angry ALL THE TIME?! Didn'y you want a power chair to smash everything?"

The voice moved elsewhere.

"What about Big Mac?"

My muscles tightened up and I began to sweat. I turned to look at Jewel who had stopped following whatever it was and tightened her eyes while a weird smile carved itself into her face.

"Remember? Accentuated sweating, heart thumping, the works?"

"I never--"

"Then, when you met Cyclon. That feeling of pure rage that I had induced into him to get you two together."

"WHAT?!" my muscles tensed even more.

"Sure, he exaggerated, but I wasn't so lenient back then as I am now. There was that spark when you saw him. You didn't understand it at first, but I took advantage of that. Now look what has happened. You actually have somepony who loves you, you have seen him on several occasions, and you even had a kid."

I was about to say something, when Discord suddenly appeared in front of me from my mouth and closed my eyes.

"APAPAPAP. I don't want to know the details."

He hopped out, then floated gently back onto the chair. Taking a cube of sugar from a stalagmite, he dropped it in Jewel's cup of tea, then stared longingly at her only to point at her with one of his creepy fingers.

"You could see me." he said with intrigue.

"Well, yeah. Who can't?"

"Everypony. You have a magical source similar to chaos. This must be why you aren't affected by the lingering chaos magic around."

"LINGERING CHAOS MAGIC?!"

"Where do you think the creature came from?" he laughed non-chalantly.

"And the black ink was your doing, too?!" I shouted in response.

Discord coughed up his glass of tea, then looked at Jewel then back at me with confusion literally written on his face.

"What are you talking about? I only took you here so you two could go in the deepest parts of this cave."

"What? Why?"

I couldn't think straight with this idiot.

"Let's slide and see!"

Discord grabbed me and Jewel, and placed her on my back. He then slithered with me in his arms towards the back of the cave where it was supposed to grow dark. What I was shown was a glittery cavern covered with sparkling ice. It made me think of...jewels. We were dropped off here to...admire the scenery?

"Jewel, I think we found your cousins."

She just looked at me with frustration. Discord even looked down to see us and smirked.

"That's not funny, mom. What if I called you 'Ice block'?"

"I would say that you gave me the 'cold shoulder'." I tease.

The draconequus grouped us both together and then placed his face right between our own. My confusion started turning to anger as I clenched my teeth.

"Look closer at the end of this shiny hall."

"What do you...is that some sort of slide?"

"You betcha!"

He began to puss us slowly towards the slippery edge.

"Hey, HEY, HEY! I--"

"-'m FAAAAAAAAAT ALBERT!" he finished my sentence.

This made Jewel laugh for some reason, but then we were pushed onto the 'slide'. Discord just waved goodbye at us and disappeared. this was an incredibly scary ride. On more than one occasion were we going to get sliced by the stalagmites...or mites...I don't know, were actually sliding all over this tunnel! Jewel was just screaming like hell, having fun, while I just held her close in my arms because I've never liked this sort of thing. Every now and then, there'd be a hole in the 'walls', showing us either a simple dark amount of the cave, or, on the rare occasion, such an immense plethora of vibrant colors and formations that it made me wonder if one could fit entire football stadiums in this cave. Seriously. It was like there was a lake here sometimes.

The worst part is that this slippery tunnel of sparkles was becoming more and more steep, until we arrived at a point where we were falling, plain and simple. I screamed for my life as I held Jewel in my arms. She was just laughing. That's when I remembered that we might be reaching the rock floor. Doing what I could, I twisted myself in the air so as to receive the full blow of the landing. I could already spot the ground coming closer and closer, so I stressed my muscles to make them sturdier upon impact. I clenched my teeth and loosened my eyes as I prepared for the big hit. Instead, I just heard a poof and felt myself falling deep within several meters of snow.

"Mom. Open your eyes. We're stuck in the snow."

"Huh?"

We had just carved some sort of well in this pile that was so deep it was almost impossible to believe. I struggled to move but gave up quickly. At least Jewel was okay and sitting on my belly.

"Well, that's just great. How are we going to get out?"

"How about if I do this?"

There was a flash, then we were on the surface of this huge pile of snow. I jolted left to right trying to understand what happened.

"Discord taught me that."

I just stared at her while gasping.

"But...but...That's teleportation. I thought Luna was teaching you that."

"Nope. Discord is more quick!" she just smiled at me with hopes of approval.

I couldn't let her down just because I hated that Discord.

"Well, as long as there are no side effects."

She came and hugged me, to which I nervously smiled and passed my hoof through her mane.

"What the hell did the Giga Sparkle do? She had great magic potential, which I can understand to some extent, but now she can use chaos? This doesn't bode well at all."

"Doubt brings disappointment, and disappointment brings pain and failure." a voice boomed in the cave.

"Discord, this isn't funny. Stop that."

"I am not the draconequus. I despise chaos, but I can see something in you both that creates order to it. Especially you, Derry Wilhall."

I suddenly lost all trains of thought and began to literally freeze up. Jewel looked up at me with confusion.

"Who's Derry Wilhall?"

"N...No one."

"You must tell them. Time is running short. Speaking of, one must be scratched off." the voice trailed off from wise to psychotic.

"Wait...Are you--"

A huge mass of moving ice covered with the black goop formed off of the ice on the wall and "looked" at me and Jewel. The block of ice on this bipedal construct that seemed to be its 'head', looked at me, the Jewel, and reached for her. I was terrified. Oh yes, but I could NOT let it hurt my daughter.

"NO! I WON'T LET YOU HURT HER! She's the best thing that has ever happened in my life." I begin to tear up as rage and fear fills me up once more.

"Too bad. I gave you a delay. You didn't respect it. I told you that near the end, I would begin scratching off everyone you loved."

"No you didn't! You just threatened me!"

"Life can burn."

It struck at Jewel, and I really tried to intercept it, but it was too quick. I could only watch helplessly as the block of ice hurdled at my daughter.

"Ah ah ah. Naught naughty. You ruined the excursion I wanted them to have."

I fell into the snow and looked up to see Discord holding a martini and sitting on the block of ice.

"D-Discord?"

"Well, duh! Who were you expecting." he took another sip."So this is what you were talking about? It seems to have the darker side of chaos magic corrupting it. I'll deal with this. I won't have it hurting my friend or her mother while I'm here."

"What are you--"

"Out of here, you two." he ordered as he lift a hand.

"No! Discord! Come with us!" Jewel shouted in terror.

Why did she worry about him?

"Oh, please. I'm chaos. It's not like it can destroy me. Now, off you go to Candyland."

"To Candyland?" I speak with a bemused tone.

But it was too late. I was poofed away with Jewel...into Twilight's room, apparently, landing on her bed. Funny enough, this place was like my own, only with an excessive amount of purple and more "royal" designs, like curtains around the bed.

"Silver? Jewel? Discord sent you back?" Twilight asked aloud as she recovered from her startledness.

She was apparently working on something at her desk which lined the wall, and all her folders and papers had fallen onto the floor. I could only tell you her one thing as Jewel cried.

"Gather everyone...I need to tell you all something..."

"What do you need to tell us?"

"I'll tell everyone, now just do it!"


Meanwhile, Discord and the construct were having a face-off, although the construct didn't seem to react to the draconequus.

"So, what's your deal? You had a bad childhood and felt really cold deep inside?" Discord mocked with a terrible joke.

The construct did not react. Instead, it simply disintegrated as the black goop flew off it and seep through the walls.

"Hmmmm. It left the second I transported those two out of here. It's best I get to the castle soon."

Discord did just as he said once he jumped off the floating ice block. He reached for something, then turned it, and pulled. He had opened a door from nowhere and was entering the basement of Twilight's castle. If he wanted to prove himself, this was certainly the point in time.