• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 3,517 Views, 104 Comments

The Demon and his Daughter - Manic Moon



Demonponys are an old legend ponys tell their fillys to scare them, but what if the legend becomes reality. Manic Moon and his daughter Zelda will put the tolerance of Twilight and her friends on the test.

  • ...
10
 104
 3,517

A Funny Night

Zelda was nearly exploding with pure joy. Her first ever sleep-over party. She would fly circles around the house, but her father had taught her not to do such things when visiting a new place for the first time. So she simply followed Shiner into Autumn Skies' room, where all three of her friends were already waiting for her. Dinky, Rumble and Autumn were sitting together and looked up as they heard the door open.

"Zelda! We've been waiting for you." Autumn greeted her.

"Hello Zelda!" said Dinky with a happy smile.

"We were just thinking about what we should do first" Rumble said over his shoulder.

"Hey guys!" she answered. Zelda sat herself between Rumble and Autumn. She took off her bag and laid it next to her, along with her bedroll and her doll. Shiner still stood in the door frame.

"I will leave the door open, so we can hear you. Just call if there is anything you need or something happens. Mom will bring you supper later. Have fun!" Shiner said and turned around.

"So, what is the plan?" Zelda asked.

"Well first we wanted to see what everyone brought, to know all the options." Autumn answered.

"Sounds like a good plan." Zelda said and emptied her saddle bag.

"I've got these wax crayons, paper, some cookies and my favorite doll, Ms. Bug Pants." Zelda said.

"Ms. Bug Pants? I've never heard of that version of Ms. Smarty Pants. Where did you get her?" Dinky asked.

"I don´t know. My dad bought her for me when I still was a baby. She is my favorite toy ever." Zelda explained proudly. The next one to show his toys was Rumble.

"I've brought my Soarin Wonderbolt action figure and a board game called "Chaos in Equestria". Maybe we can play it later." he said and laid the game in the center of the circle.

"I've never played that game. Is it hard?" Autumn asked.

"No. I've been playing it a lot with my brother, but he´s pretty good at it. Most of the time he wins." Rumble said with an angry face, remembering how his brother mocked him for losing.

"We definitely have to play this. Sounds like a fun game to me, and I love to do some chaos. Hi hi hi!" Zelda laughed. Now it was Dinky's turn.

"I've got my princess Luna doll, a picture book and some muffins my mother made for us." Dinky said and pulled out a bag with fresh muffins.

"Mmm! They smell delicious." Rumble said with a watering mouth.

"I don't know how you guys feel, but I would love to play Rumble's game and eat some muffins. What do you think?" Autumn asked everypony.

"I'm in." Rumble answered, while still staring at the muffins.

"Me too." Zelda said.

"Me three." Dinky tuned in.

"Perfect! Now how is this game played?" Autumn asked.

"It's pretty simple. Every player chooses a character who just landed in Equestria. Then we start from different ends of the board and roll the dice. We can work together or against each other to find objects, defeat monsters, help other ponies or terrorize them. The winner is who ever has the most points at the end of the game." Rumble explained.

"Sound easy to me." Zelda said. Rumble set up the board game.

"Ok, time to choose a character. Who do you want?" Rumble asked. The fillies looked into the game box at the different figures.

"I'll take this female blue pegasus pony. She looks nice to me." Dinky said.

"That's a star pony. They live in outer space and control meteorites." Rumble explained.

"Then I choose this pony with the sword, shield and armor." Zelda said and set the figure on the board.

"That's the leader of the royal army. His name is Firedasher." Rumble said.

"I guess I'll take this pegasus with bat wings. Should be pretty helpful in fights." Autumn said and looked at the red and black figure.

"That's a dragon and pony hybrid." Rumble said as he saw the figure that Autumn picked.

"Ok! Then I'll play with the ghost pony." Rumble said. Once everypony was ready they started to play. Despite the fact that they where beginners, the fillies could hold up pretty well against Rumble. In no time, two hours had passed. They all were equal in points.

"Ok Dinky! If you manage to roll a five, you win the game." Rumble said.

"I'll do my best. This is for the little kitty I couldn't safe from the tree four rounds ago." Dinky answered, and was about to roll her dice.

"WAAAAAAH!" Zelda screamed out of nowhere. Everypony winced at the shrill sound.

"What's the problem Zelda?" Autumn asked, while holding her chest to calm down her heart. Zelda was sitting at her place, bolted upright like a stone.

"T-there is something chewing on my tail." Zelda answered with a shaking voice.

"Chewing on your tail?" Rumble asked confused. Suddenly Autumn started to laugh.

"What's so funny about that?" Zelda asked with a glare at Autumn.

"Ha ha ha! I know what the problem is." she answered. Autumn stood up, walked behind Zelda and lifted up a little blue-gray baby filly with a dark mane with a purple and grey streak in it.

"That's my little sister, Lily Bloom. She loves to do that." Autumn said with a smile, while the baby still chewed on Zelda's tail.

"AWWWW! She is so cute!" Dinky said.

"I guess she heard us playing and crawled through the open door. She is chewing on everything she can get into her tiny hooves." Autumn explained.

"That's really cute and all, but could you please make her stop? It's sending chills down my spine." Zelda pleaded.

"That shouldn't be too hard. Give me one of the cookies from Dinky's mom, please." Autumn said to Rumble. He did as told and handed her one. She waved it in front of Lily's face. The baby filly grabbed it without hesitation and started to chew on it instead of Zelda's tail. Autumn went back to her place and sat Lily down next to her.

"That should keep her busy for a while." Autumn said and stroked Lily Bloom over her head.

"Miam! Miam!" was all the baby said. Mariposa's head appeared in the door.

"Is everything alright? We heard a scream from in here." she asked with a worried face.

"Hi hi hi! It's nothing! Lily Bloom just scared the hell out of Zelda, by sneaking up on her and chewing on her tail." Autumn answered giggling.

"I wasn't scared! Just.....unprepared." Zelda protested, blushing. Everypony in the room, except for Zelda and Lily Bloom, who still nibbled on her cookie, started to laugh.

"Well, I guess I know the best way to repay Zelda for this little attack on her tail." Autumns mother said and walked into the room with a big plate of hay fries on her back. All four foals jumped up.

"YAY! HAY FRIES!" they screamed together.

"I hope this makes it up for you." Mariposa said with a warm, motherly smile.

"Absolutely! Everything is forgiven." Zelda replied happily. Mariposa laid the plate on the ground and picked up Lily.

"Come on my little flower. Let your sister play in peace with her friends. It's time for your bath anyways." She said and poked the baby filly on her nose.

"Bathy! hi hi hi hi!" Lily Bloom giggled. Mariposa left the room and carried her youngest daughter into the bathroom.

"Let's delay the epic finale of our world changing game." Rumble said.

"Totally! Even the world must wait, when it comes to hay fries." Zelda answered.

So the fight for Equestria ended, but the even bigger war for the hay fries just began. Worthy to be mentioned in the history book of Equestria. At least that´s what it felt like for the four friends.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

In the mean time, Manic Moon was on his way to visit somepony in town. He had planned this for a quiet a while, but tonight was perfect. Zelda wouldn't be home until tomorrow.

"I hope it's not too late already. Maybe I should hurry. She could easily be scared if I appear on her doorstep in the dark." he thought aloud, and jumped into the air to fly as fast as he could to the edge of Ponyville. Fluttershy was laying on her couch in the middle of her cottage and enjoying a cup of tea after a long day of taking care of all her animals. Angel bunny was sitting next to her and gnawing on a carrot. Suddenly a knock came from the front door and she nearly dropped her cup out of fright.

"Huh? Who could that be?" Fluttershy asked herself. Slowly she walked to the door and opened it just enough to see who stood outside.

"H-Hello?" she said with a nervous voice.

"Hello Fluttershy! It's me, Manic Moon. Would you mind if I come in?" he asked with his best smile to help the shy pegasus relax.

"No!...I mean yes.....I mean...only if you want.....I.....I....OK!" she answered, still nervous, and opened the door more to let him in.

"I'm really sorry to bother you at such a time Fluttershy, but I couldn't come by earlier." Manic said, awkwardly touched by the shy pony.

"N-No! It's fine. I was just sitting on my couch with Angel and drinking some tea. It's no big deal, r-really." Fluttershy answered.

"It's like this, I was hoping to get a pet for my daughter. Since she is at a sleep over tonight, it would be a perfect surprise for Zelda." He could visibly see Fluttershy;s mood rise with every word of his sentence.

"I would love to help you with this, but most of my animals are already asleep and they don't like to be waked up so late." she answered; her face falling a bit.

"Well, how about you show me some of the animals in you house? We don't have to wake them up." he offered to her.

"We could try, but there are a lot more animals outside than in my small cottage. I hope that's ok with you." Fluttershy said and hid her face behind her mane.

"That's perfectly fine with me. I'm looking for a pet that's comfortable with being inside anyway. Show me what you got!" Manic said. Fluttershy nodded and led him around.

"I've got rabbits, cats, birds, mice and squirrels. They are all so cute and fluffy and full of energy." Fluttershy said, while she carefully flew over the sleeping pets.

"Pass! I've already got a cute, fluffy and energetic creature in my house. What else do you got?" he said.

"Not much. Like I said before, most of my animals live outside. I'm so sorry!" Fluttershy answered with a sad face.

"There is nothing to apologize for Fluttershy. Maybe I'm just too picky for somepony who comes over at such an hour. I guess I should come back another day." Manic Moon said and tried to cheer her up.

"I promise, if you come back by day, we'll find the perfect pet for you and your daughter." she said with a weak smile. While Fluttershy spoke, her mane seamed to move all by herself. Nearly like a living being.

"Ahem...Fluttershy? I don't want to worry you, but there seamed to be something in your mane." Manic said as calm as possible to not freak her out more than necessary. She looked up at her moving mane, but stayed completely calm.

"That's nothing to worry about. Hi hi hi! It's just Whisper." Fluttershy explained.

"Whisper? What's a Whisper?" the demon pony asked confused. She giggled in response.

"Whisper! Come out my little friend. There is somepony who want's to get to know you." Fluttershy said in a sweet voice. Her mane stopped moving and right over her left ear a little, light blue snake head appeared.

"Now take a look at that! Hello little guy! That's a pretty good hideout I've got to say." Manic said and pet Whisper on the head.

"He loves to hide in the manes of ponies. That's why I called him Whisper. Most of the time I just hear his soft whispers in my ears." Fluttershy said, while the little reptile watched Manic Moon with interested eyes.

"I've never seen a snake do something like that." Manic said and thought for a moment.

"Is he for sale Fluttershy? I think he could be a good pet for Zelda." he finally asked.

"No! He;s not for sale!" she replied with a serious face. After a moment it softened again.

"But if you promise to take good care of him, you can get him for free." Fluttershy said with a big smile. Out of nowhere he grabbed Fluttershy and hugged her tight. The face of the shy pegasus got completely red.

"Fluttershy, you;re the greatest!" he said.

"Uhm.....ok." she replied silently. Just in this moment Manic realized what he did and especially who he did it to. He let go of her and took a step back, blushing.

"Sorry! I guess I overdid it a little bit." he said apologetically.

"It's....it's quiet alright. I'm just not....used to such things." Fluttershy said blushing too.

"But still, thank you for your generosity. I promise we will give him a nice home." Manic said.

"That's all I could ask for. I never take Bits from a pony, when they adopt one of my animals. I'm sure Whisper will love his new family. Right Whisper?........Whisper?" Fluttershy asked and looked up into her mane, but the little snake was nowhere to be seen.

"I hope I didn't scare him off, when...." in the middle of his sentence Whisper appeared in Manic Moons mane and looked down on Fluttershy.

"I guess he likes the idea of of being your new pet. Ha ha ha!" Fluttershy giggled.

"I think so too. He he he!" Manic replied and laughed. When they both got themselves together again, Fluttershy walked into a small chamber at the end of her cottage and came back with a sack on her back.

"Here is a sack with snake food. Whisper only needs a cup full every second day. He is still growing. So when he's bigger you can raise the portions. Most of the time he starts to tickle you ears when he's hungry. If you need more food, the vet Dr. Flummox in Ponyville. She can sell you more of it." Fluttershy explains. Manic Moon took the sack.

"Thanks again Fluttershy. If there is anything I can ever do for you in return, don't hesitate to ask." he said happily.

"It´s nothing. Really. I just want the best for my little friends." she said, shy again.

"He will. I promise." Manic said. He walked out of the cottage and waved good bye to Fluttershy. She waved back and closed the door, happy that she once again found a good home for one of her animal friends.

Manic Moon didn't fly back home. He enjoyed the walk in the light of the moon. Little Whisper was watching out of his mane.

"I can't wait to see Zelda's face when she sees you for the very first time. You will love her little one. But I guess even more importantly, you will love her mane. Her's is way more fluffy than mine. Ha ha ha ha!" he laughed. Manic could hear a tiny hissing sound in his left ear and interpreted it as agreement.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Back at the sleep over, the four friends were laying at different spots of Autumn's room and massaging their full stomachs.

"Too....much.....hay.....fries!" Dinky whimpered weakly.

"There is no such thing as too much hay fries!" Zelda contradicted, until a loud burp came out of her mouth.

"On the other hoof, I guess my stomach is on your side Dinky." Zelda corrected.

"What are we doing next?" asked Rumble.

"I don't care! As long as I don't have to move for it." Autumn answered from the edge of her bed.

"How about a little role play?" Dinky asked.

"What do you mean with role play?" Rumble asked back.

"Everypony brought a figure or a doll to this sleep over. We could play all together with them." Dinky explained to the group.

"Sounds good to me." Zelda said and grabbed her Ms. Bug Pants.

"I could play with my crystal pony figure." Autumn answered.

"And I brought my Wonderbolt figure." Rumble said and lifted the little lookalike of Soarin.

"Great! Then Rumble plays the hero of the adventure and I princess Luna send him out to..to...uhm..." Dinky said and took her Luna doll.

"To save the beautiful crystal pony lady." Autumn finished the sentence in a high girly voice.

"Who was hijacked by the evil changeling queen." Zelda said with an evil voice and jumped between Rumble and Autumn to separate their characters.

"I, the fast and strong Soarin of the Wonderbolts, will save you. No matter what it takes." Rumble said in a heroic voice and raised his figure over his head.

They played like this for a long time, but all good things have to come to an end, and soon enough, Mariposa appeared in Autumn's room again.

"It's getting late my little ponies. Time to go to bed." Mariposa said, well aware of what would follow her statement.

"Awww! But we're not even tired yet." Rumble protested.

"Please mom. Just a bit longer." Autumn pleaded.

"No, Autumn. I promised the parents of your friends that their foals would be in bed on time. Also you still need to roll out your sleeping bags. I will be back in 10 minutes to check on you. Please be good little foals and do as told." Mariposa said with a smile.

"Ok mom." Autumn answered, defeated. Her mother took the empty plate of hay fries and left the room.

"Too bad the party is already over." Dinky said and walked to her saddle bag to get her sleeping bag.

"Yeah. I wish tonight would last forever." Zelda said.

"We could play some more tomorrow, before your parents pick you up." Autumn offered.

"That's a great idea Autumn. The first of us who opens his eyes tomorrow morning should wake up the rest and we can play on until breakfast." Zelda answered while she rolled out her sleeping bag.

"Together we can outsmart every adult pony." Rumble said smiling. A short time after that Mariposa came back. She looked into the room. Autumn lay in her bed and her three friend all had their sleeping bags next to her.

"Now that's what I call four good little ponies. I'll tell all your parents how proud I am. Good night you four!" Mariposa said.

"Good night mom!" Autumn replied.

"Good night Ms Mariposa!" answered the other three. Mariposa smiled at them, turned the light off and closed the door. Only now and then a little whisper between the friends could be heard and about a half hour later, all of them were fallen asleep.