• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 3,517 Views, 104 Comments

The Demon and his Daughter - Manic Moon



Demonponys are an old legend ponys tell their fillys to scare them, but what if the legend becomes reality. Manic Moon and his daughter Zelda will put the tolerance of Twilight and her friends on the test.

  • ...
10
 104
 3,517

Meet the Team

Manic Moon stood in the middle of the office of the new Ponyville Police station. In front of him were the three new members of the team. There was an earthpony stallion with a brown coat and a grey/black mane. He was nearly as big as Manic Moon, a little bit skinny and had a scar over his left eye. His name was Caliber Ballistics. Next to him was Lavender Shine, a young pegasus colt with a white coat and long grey mane. He had a purple streak in his tail. The third pony was a blue unicorn mare with a wavy red mane, named Crimson Tide. Next to Manic Moon was the Mayor Mare with a wooden casket and a big black book.

"Welcome everypony! Like I'm sure you all know, my name is Manic Moon. And I chose you three as the future members of the Ponyville Police Department. I will now give you your shields and the Mayor Mare will consolidate you." Manic said and stepped in front of Crimson Tide. She looked at him with pure excitement.

"Crimson Tide! I chose you, because of all the female candidates you were the toughest one and you seem to have a talent for captivation spells. That shoud come in handy for our work." he said and gave Crimson her shield.

"Not only on that sugar cube!" she sayed with a wink to the three stallions in the room. Manic blushed a little. He shook his head and went on to Lavender Shine.

"Lavender Shine! Your special talent is acting, which mean you're good at geting into the character of other ponies and befriending them. Since you´re a pegasus you can also help me to keep the sky safe." he said and gave him his shield.

"I won´t let you down Manic... I mean boss... I mean chief... or is it sheriff?" Lavender asked confused.

"Manic is absolutly perfect." Manic Moon answered and stepped in front of the last member.

"Caliber Ballistics! You´re a strong earthpony and the only pony in Ponyville who already has experience in the security area. You've worked a long time in Canterlot as a bodyguard. You should know most of the weapons and objects we will use at work, and I hope the other team members will benefit from your knowledge." Manic said, and handed the last shield to him.

"I love challenges." he said and looked at Lavender and Crimson.

"And this is for sure one of the big ones. Oh and please call me Cal. Everypony does." he said. Now the Mayor Mare took a step towards the group and layed the book on the table before them.

"Now that you all have your shields, please speak the honor oath of the royal guard with me. Therefor, put your right hoof on your heart, rise the left one in the air and repeat what I say." she said. All four ponies followed her lead and put a hoof on their heart and one in the air.

"I hereby declare that I will always act by the laws the Royal Sisters set. I will protect the weak, help the beggars and hunt the criminals. May Luna and Celestia protect me on my way and guide me in my behavior." Mayor Mare said.

"I hereby declare that I will always act by the laws the Royal Sisters set. I will pretect the weak, help the beggars and hunt the criminals. May Luna and Celestia protect me on my way and guide me in my behavior." the four ponies repeated in chorus. Then Mayor Mare started clapping.

"Congratulations! You´re all now official police officers. With that I´ll put the safety of Ponyville and all of it´s inhabitants into your hooves." she said. All four saluted.

"We will not disappoint you Ma'am!" Manic said.

"Very well. Now excuse me. I´ll have a talk with Twilight Sparkle and she will send a letter to the princess. Then everything will be official." she was about to leave the room, but turned around again.

"And Pinkie Pie will give a big party in the town hall this Sunday to celebrate the new police of Ponyville. I hope you will all come." she said and left the police station. Manic Moon looked to the rest of the team.

"I guess for the rest of the day you guys should settle in. There is a desk for everypony."

"I call this one!" Crimson cried, and laid herself on the desk near the frontdoor. Cal started to laugh.

"Yes! Maybe it´s better that the female member of the team welcomes everypony who comes in." he laughed and Lavender gave him a disapproving look. She stuck out her tongue to him while he took the desk next to the cells.

"I guess that leaves this one for me. As good as any." Lavender said, and took a seat at the desk in front of Manic Moon's office.

"Now that this is decided, we should look what Manic Moon wants to show us in the stockroom." Cal said. All three came in and the first thing they saw was Manic in his uniform.

"Like you all can see this uniform comes with matching hoofgloves, a protection vest and a saddle bag. We also have enough weapons to stop a rabid hydra. You should know most of this stuff Cal. Maybe you could show Lavender and Crimson how to use it later." Manic said and threw a nightstick to him. He caught it and grinned.

"Sure. Why not?" Cal answered. Lavender took one of the black caps and sat it on his head.

"Are we going to wear these too?" he asked.

"I´m not a fan of caps, but if you want to wear them you´re free to do so. But the rest of the unifrom is required." Manic answered. Out of nowhere a zapping sound occurred, followed by a scream.

"AAAAAAAH!" Crimson screamed. She stood at the weapon cupboard and her hair stood straight in the air.

"Looks like Red-head found the taser. Ha ha ha ha ha!" Cal laughed again. Manic and Lavender had to hold down their giggles. Crimson glared at them.

"That´s not funny! I nearly had a heart attack." she said angrily. Lavender walked to her and laid a hoof on her shoulder.

"You´re right! It´s not funny Crimson! It´s hilarious! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" All three stallions broke down laughing, and after a while even Crimson started to laugh too. When the laughing subsided Manic whisked a tear away.

"We had better start with the weapon training, before somepony hurts themselves." Manic said and grabbed another taser.

"This is a taser, Crimson Tide, and the end with the lightning goes into the enemy." he said with a silly teacher face. Crimson got a little bit red in her face.

"HA HA HA! That´s so funny I forgot to laugh." she answered and laid her weapon back in the cupboard. Then she started to use her magic to get her mane back in it´s old shape.

"We even get blinding powder? This stuff is pretty mean." Cal said when he saw the little bags on a table.

"Let me guess! We just have to throw this into the face of an attacker and he is blinded for a while." Lavender said.

"You can believe that boy. I once got this stuff in my face. Burned like hell, and I couldn´t see straight for the rest of the day." Cal said, and grimaced when the memory came back.

"What did you do to get blinding powder thrown into your face? Failed attempt at hitting on a mare?" Lavender asked and prodded Cal in his side. Cal glared at him.

"No! I did my job as a good bodyguard and protected my client. The lug was about to hit him right in his face and all I could do was put myself in the flight path." Cal answered.

"And what is this thing for?" Crimson asked. In her hoof she held the blue ring Manic Moon found on his first visit too. He walked to her and placed the ring on her horn.

"What? Is it some kind of fashion trend for police ponies or something?" she asked.

"No, it blocks the magic of unicorns. Try to use your magic and you will see." Manic answered. She did as told, but her horn didn´t even start to glow. The ring on her horn just sparkled a little, but nothing happend.

"It´s made for the detention of unicorns. With this ring over their horn, they can´t use any kind of spell and are not a threat to other ponies. Everyone of you should always have one of them, in case you have to fight a unicorn." Manic said and took the ring off of Crimson's horn and into his chest pocket. Like that they went on for quite some time, when Manic finaly looked at the clock over the door.

"I think that is enough for today. You all know the basics by now and the rest will come with the time. This weekend is free for everyone and on Monday we will start with our work. Meet me right here at 6 o´clock in the morning and we will discuss the duty roster for the week." Manic said. All four took of their uniforms and laid the weapons back on their places.

"I can´t wait for the party. We will be the center of attention." Lavender said with sparkling eyes.

"Every ony will look up to us." Cal said and daydreamed a little bit.

"Only if you two don´t mess it up." Crimson said and giggled. Cal and Lavender snapped out of their dreams and looked at her.

"We are not the ones who shocked ourselves." Cal said with a grin.

"Bla bla bla! You guys will never let me forget this, will you?" she whined.

"At least not your new hairstyle. He he he he!" Lavender said and brohoofed with Cal. They left the police station and Manic locked the frontdoor. Then he walked back home. Zelda should be back from school soon too. He walked into the kitchen and mixed himself his favorite drink.

"Mmh! The Black Venom drink. Always good to get yourself back together." he said with a big grin and nearly took the whole cup in one sip. About a half hour later Zelda walked into the living room.

"Daddy! I´m home!" she screamed through the house.

"How could I be expected to hear that?" her father screamed back.

"You better go straight into your room and pack everything for the sleepover. Should I cook something for you before you go?" Manic asked.

"No thanks. Autumns mother is making hay fries for the whole party." Zelda said on her way upstairs.

"Remember to leave some fries for the other fillies too. You´re a bottomless pit when it comes to hay fries." he answered while he walked into the living room.

"I can't promise anything. Hi hi hi!" she laughed and disappeared in her room. Manic just shook his head and sat himself on the couch. He used the time to read another chapter of his Daring Do book. Some time later he heard the buzzing sound of Zeldas wings and soon enough she flew downstairs and landed next to the couch. On her back was her saddle bag, full with all kinds of stuff, like wax crayons and board games. In her front hooves she held a little purple sleeping bag.

"I´m ready!" she said, full of anticipation.

"You´re sure you´ve got everything?" he asked.

"Yes. Everything for the most awesome night of my life." Zelda answered.

"Is that so? Well I guess in this case I´ve got to sleep with Miss Bug Pants this night." Manic said with a big grin and lifted the doll with his left hoof. Miss Bug Pants was a special version of Miss Smarty Pants, who looked like a changeling. She was the first toy he bought for Zelda, when she still was a little foal, and it meant the world to her.

"Miss Bug Pants! How could I forget you? I´m so sorry." Zelda said and grabbed the doll.

"Too bad! Now I have to sleep alone again tonight." Manic said with a mock sad face.

"I don´t care it´s my doll." Zelda replied in an also faked cold tone.

"Just wait you little stone cold bug of a daughter! I´ll get this doll!" Manic said and started to chase Zelda through the whole house.

"Hi hi hi hi! That´s my Miss Bug Pants! Get your own! Hi hi hi hi!" she laughed while she flew away from him. When they ended their little hunt through every room of the house, both walked off to the house of Autumn Skie's family.

"Remember to be polite and do what Autumn's parents say. I don´t want to hear any complains when I fetch you tomorrow." Manic said.

"I´ll do my best. I promise." his daughter answered. Soon they arrived and Manic pushed the door bell. A young unicorn with a pink mane and grey coat opened the door.

"Hello?" she shyly said.

"Hello! I´m Manic Moon. My daughter Zelda was invited to a sleepover party tonight. I hope we didn´t ring at the wrong house." Manic said.

"No. No. No. That´s the right house. I´m.... I´m just a little bit nervous around new ponies. I´m Shiner, Autumn's big sister." she said, still pretty nervous. Suddenly a voice came from behind her.

"Who´s at the door Shiner? Another one of Autumn's friends?" a female voice asked.

"Yes mom. It´s Zelda and her dad." Shiner answered. With that said a tall earthpony mare appeared in at the front door. She had a light blue coat and a beautiful long, pale pink mane.

"Hello Mr. Moon! Hello Zelda! I´m Mariposa." she said with a warm smile.

"Hello Shiner and Miss Mariposa! Are the others already there?" Zelda asked.

"Yes! They are just waiting for you. Shiner! Please show Zelda the way to Autumns room." Mariposa said. Her oldest daughter nodded and gave Zelda a signal to follow her.

"Thank you Miss!" she huged her father good bye and walked off with Shiner. Manic followed her with his eyes until she disappeared, than he looked at Mariposa.

"Are you sure you can handle so many fillies. It´s not that I don't trust you, but Zelda alone can be a pretty big challenge." he asked.

"Don´t you worry Mr. Moon. I´m good with little fillies, and Shiner will help me wherever she can. Thanks to you my husband also can help us, if anything were to happen." she answered and smiled at him.

"I´m sorry, but I don´t think I understand that. How did I help you husband?" Manic asked confused.

"Well, thanks to you he has a new job here in Ponyville and no longer has to work in Canterlot. He only could visit us every other weekend." she answered and smiled even more at him. Manic thought for a moment, but finally he understood.

"Is the name of you husband Caliber Ballistics?" he asked.

"Yes! But he prefers to be called Cal." Mariposa answered. With a perfect timing, he appeared behind his wife and grinned at Manic Moon.

"Hey Manic! Long time no see." Cal said. Both started laughing.

"It´s truth what they say. The world is small sometimes." Manic laughed.

"At least I can sleep peacefully now, knowing my daughter is under the watch of a former bodyguard." Manic said.

"Don´t you worry yourself. I even would take another bag of blinding powder into my face to protect my family and all of our friends." Cal said with a proud face and gave Mariposa a kiss on her cheek.

"Good to know. I will come by tomomrrow at half past nine to collect Zelda. I wish you a nice day!" Manic said and walked off.

"Have a good day too Manic." Mariposa answered and waved him good bye.