• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 3,517 Views, 104 Comments

The Demon and his Daughter - Manic Moon



Demonponys are an old legend ponys tell their fillys to scare them, but what if the legend becomes reality. Manic Moon and his daughter Zelda will put the tolerance of Twilight and her friends on the test.

  • ...
10
 104
 3,517

The Mighty and Awesome Zelda

3 days have past since Manic Moons first day as Ponyvillys new sheriff. Not much happened happend after he saved Trixie before the angry crowd. Most of the time he and his team mediated dispute between salesponies and their costumers or brought a drunk Berry Punch back home.
Now he used his free day to visite somepony and of course he was not alone.

"Be careful with this hat Zelda! Ms Trixie is still in the hospital and we want to spare her the trip to the police station and give it back to her." Manic said while his daughter jumped around with the wizzard hat on her head.

"But it´s so funny daddy. I feel like one of the mighty magicians in the fairy tales. Nopony can defete the mighty and... and.... the mighty and awesome Zelda!" she said and took a heroic pose. Manic Moon walked past her and shoved the hat over her eyes.

"Maybe the mighty and awesome Zelda forgot that she still hardly can lift something with her magic." he said with a smile. The little filly blow up her cheeks and started to get a little bit red on them. Then they continued their way. As soon as they arrived in the hospital nurse Red Heart waved at them.

"Hello Mr. Moon! What can I do for you today?" she asked.

"Nothing special. We´re just here to bring Trixie her hat back. She lost it, when I brought her here." Manic Moon answered and pointed at the wizzard hat on his daughter.

"Awww! That´s pretty nice of you. But the doctor makes a last check up on her, because she will leave us by tomorrow. This shouldn´t take longer than 15 minutes. Why don´t you have a seat and I call you when she´s ready?" Red Heart said while looking over her papers.

"Okey. We´re not in a hurry. Let´s go to the waiting room Zelda!" he said and both walked of. Zelda opend the door and the first thing she saw was a table with paper and crayons.

"I could draw a picture for Ms Trixie." she said and ran to the table. Manic was about to enter the room to, but out of nowhere somepony jumped at him and pined him at the ground.

"Ufff!......What the....?" he asked as he was knocked of his hooves. Before he could get a closer look at the blue mare on his chest, she started to lick his face. Zelda turned around to see what happened and found her father on the ground with a strange blue mare in a medical dress and ruffled grey hair on his chest, licking his face.

"Daddy? Why is she doing this with you?" Zelda asked confused. Manic Moon did his best to keep the mare away from his face.

"I don´t know. Natural charm?" he said and turned his face to the mare.

"I´m flattered, but I don´t even know your name." Manic said. The mare lookes at him, her tongue still hanging out of her mouth.

"Wuff!" was all she answered. Manic and Zelda both looked confused at her, while she did nothing else but barking at him. Nurse Red Heart came to help.

"No Screwloose! Stop it! Bad girl!" she said and pulled the blue mare of him. Screwloose slowly obeyed and made site next to Red Heart, waging with her tail.

"I´m so sorry Mr. Moon. I hope she didn´t hurt you." she said. Manic got back on his hooves and wiped the saliva out of his face.

"It´s alright. She just showed me how much she liked me. Why is she behaving like a dog?" he asked.

"We don´t know. Some ponies found her like this in the Everfree Forest and since that we try everything to get her back to normal, but nothing seams to work." Red Heart turned to look at her, but she was already gone.

"Oh Celestia! Where is she now?" the nurse said and looked around in panic. Manic Moon taped her on the shoulder and pointed into the waiting room. Screwloose was laying peacefully on her back, while Zelda was tickling her stomach.

"I guess she just found another friend." he said and chuckled. Nurse Red Heart smiled when she saw this.

"She realy seams to like both of you. Most of the time Screwloose is pretty shy or even agressiv to new ponies.You should be honored!" she said and walked off. Manic took a seat on one of the chairs and Zelda started her picture for Trixie. Screwloose was peacefully laying next to her.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Manic was about to sleep in on his chair, when finaly nurse Red Heart opened the door to the waiting room.

"It took a little bit longer than expected, but she is now back in her room. She is in room number 204. Take yourself as much time as you like. You´re her first visiters since she is here. I´m shore Ms. Lulamoon will be happy to see you." she said. Apparently she didn´t expected any visitors.

Manic Moon and Zelda left the room as quiet as possible to not wake up Screwloose, who was deep asleep. They reached room Nr. 204 and Ponyvillys sheriff opened the door. Trixie was laying in a bed, her cape hung over a chair next to her. She was looking at them with a confused face.

"Ähm....Hello?" she said.

"Hello Ms. Trixie! We´re here to bring your hat back." Zelda said and showed Trixie her wizzard hat. The eyes of the mare went and she grabe it.

"My hat! I tought I´ve lost it forever this time. Thank you. You don´t know how much this means to me." Trixie said and tears formed in her eyes.

"Wow! If I had known that he is so important to you I would have brought him back sooner." Manic Moon said as he saw her tears of joy.

"It´s just.... This hat was a present of my father. He gave him to me together with the cape when I´ve got my cutie mark." she answered and wiped away some tears.

"He was so proude of me. His little daughter became a showmare just like him. Thank Luna he passed away before he could see how deep I´ve sunk." Trixie said sad and pressed her face into the hat. Manic Moon walked next to her bed and laid a hoof on her shoulder.

"If I learned anything during my time with Zelda, than that a father is always proud on his daughter. He loves you no mather what you do." Manic said. Trixie took the hat out of her face.

"Even if she tryed to conquer a whole town?" Trixie asked with a sad face.

"Which father wouldn´t want a daughter with high leadership qualities?" Manic answered and smiled at her. Trixie started to giggle a little bit and smiled at him.

"Thank you so much! You did so much for me and I don´t even know your name." Trixie said.

"No big deal. It´s my job. And my name is Manic Moon and this is my daughter Zelda." he said and pointed to his right side. But there was no Zelda. She was standing on a chair, wearing Trixies cape.

"Beware! The mighty and awesome Zelda now has a cape too." Zelda said and took another heroic pose.

"Zelda! What did I told you about taking thing without asking?" Manic asked with a stern face. Trixie giggled and waved him off.

"It´s okey! hi hi hi! She realy looks cute in it." she said and put her hat on her head.

"You´re good mighty and awesome Zelda, but nopony can outmatch the great and powerful Trixie!" Trixie said aloud and raised her hooves into the air. Her horn started to glow and a little firework started in the room. Zeldas eyes doubled their size.

"Coool! You can do firework with your magic? This is like the best spell ever!" Zelda stated.

"Looks like the great and powerful Trixie just found a new fan in the mighty and awesome Zelda. ha ha ha ha!" Manic said and rumpled up the hair of his daughter.

"Can you teach me this spell?" Zelda asked and climbed on Trixies bed.

"You´ve got problems with an easy levitation spell and now you want to learn one with little explosions from your horn. I guess that´s not a good idea." Manic said. Trixie thought for a moment.

"How about I teach her the spell and some more magic?" Trixie asked finaly.

"What?" Manic Moon asked.

"Realy?" Zelda screamed.

"I would love to do that for you. I own you so much and I would love to work with such a sweet little filly." she answered and sat her hat on Zeldas head to complete the outfit.

"Oh please daddy! Can Ms. Trixie teach me real magic?" Zelda begged.

"Well...I was thinking about searching a teacher for you for quiet some time. But I insist on paying you for your work." Manic said, but Trixie shook her head.

"No! That´s the least I can do. You saved my life and brought back my beloved hat. How could I ever take money from you." Trixie said in a matter of fact tone.

"Fine, but than you will have dinner with us every day you teach Zelda." Manic offered.

"Deal!" Trixie said both shook hooves to seal the deal.

"Yay! I´ll get a magic teacher. Best hospital visit ever!" Zelda said and jumped up and down on the bed.

"Didn´t you forget something Zelda?" her father asked.

"Oh! Right! I´ve got something for you." she replayed, jumped of the bed and run to chair. Then she came back to Trixie and showed her the picture she had drawn. On the picture were Manic Moon, Zelda and Trixie. All of them donned a wizzard hat. Trixie saw it and chuckled.

"You´re not the typ for magic hats Manic Moon. ha ha ha ha! But you still got you´re cowpony hat." she said.

"That´s a sheriff hat and it´s hoof-made for me." Manic answered with a fake pride. All started to laugh and than Trixie huged Zelda.

"Thank you for the picture Zelda. I will pinit at my fridge as soon as I´m back in my caravan." Trixie said.

"By the way. Your caravan is standing at the police station right now. We couldn´t let it stand in the centre of the market like it was. Some ponies could have tryed to steal something or damage it. Now we can have an eye on it until you´re back." Manic explained.

"I guess I´ve got to thank you again. I´ll come by tomorrow and pick up my caravan and visit you in the evening." Trixie answered.

"Sounds good to me. I will cook something special for you to celebrate our deal." Manic said.

"Then you can show me this awesome firework spell again." Zelda said full of anticipation.

"I´m shore you will be a wonderful pupil." Trixie said with a warm smile.

"Be careful Trixie! Statements like this will go straight to her ego." Manic whispered.

"I know that pretty well." Trixie giggled. Manic Moon and Zelda went to the door.

"Okey Trixie! We will see you tomorrow. Bye!" Manic said and opened the door.

"Bye Ms. Trixie! See you tomorrow!" Zelda said happpy and run out of the room.

"Good bye you two!" Trixie said and waved with her left hoof. When Manic closed the door behind them Trixie took the picture back into her hooves and smiled.

"I can hardly wait for it." she said and closed her eyes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

At the evening of the next day Trixie was walking through Ponyvilly. Her caravan behind her, she was very excided to visit Manic Moon and Zelda for the very first time. From time to time she was looking to the side to see how the other ponies react to her. Most of the ignored her or gave her an mad look. She expected that, they would never forgive her so fast. She brought to much trubble over them. But she would do all she can to change that. Never again her ego would control her decision. She wanted to find peace in her life and make friend, just like Twilight Sparkle and her friend. Before she realised it, she reached Manic Moons house and knocked at the front door.

"Door is open." came Manics voise from inside. Trixie opened the door and walked inside. Zelda and her father were waiting in the living room.

"Hello Trixie! Ready for your first day as teacher?" Manic ask.

"You can bet on that! I was looking forward to it since you two visited me yesterday. Is my pupil ready too?" Trixie asked, knowing pretty well, what would come next.

"YES! I hardly could concentrate on school today. What do I learn today? The firework spell, the age spell or the gender swap spell." Zelda said aloud and dashed to Trixies side.

"We start with the levitation spell." Trixie stated. Zeldas face froze.

"What? But I already know that one." she whined.

"Realy? Then how about you show me your amazing levitation spells?" Trixie said in a challenging way. Manic set himself on the couch.

"Uuuh! This will be good!" he stated and watched interested. Trixie pointed at an apple on the table in the living room.

"Levitat this apple from the table into my hoof!" Trixie commanded.

"Fine! I´ll show you and then you will teach me the firework spell." Zelda said and looked at the apple. Her horn started to glow green and the apple started to float through the room. Beads of sweat formed on her face and with her last power the apple landed on Trixies hoof. Zelda was out of breath, but looked at Trixie with a triumphing smile.

"Ha! I said I can do this spell." she said. Trixie shoke her head.

"That was terrible!" she simply said. Manic Moon had to hold a hoof on his mouth to not start laughing, while Zeldas mouth nearly hit the floor.

"But...but I did exectly as you said. What did I do wrong?" Zelda asked confused.

"Look at yourself! You´re completly out of power by only levitating an apple over a distance of 3 metre. If I would realy teach you a stronger spell it could have terrible consequences for your health." Trixie explained.

"But..." Zelda started, but Trixie interrupted her.

"No Buts! The problem is, that you try to force your magic. Your horn is like a muscle in your leg. If you over-stretch it, all you will get is pain. I will teach you the real way to levitat thing." Trixie said.

"I´m not shore if I understand everything, but thank you Ms. Trixie." Zelda said with a weak smile. The showmare layed a hoof on Zeldas shoulder and smiled.

"There is no need to be sad Zelda. You never had somepony to teach you the right way. With my help you will become one of the best magician in all of Equestria. After all I´m the great and powerful Trixie and you are..." Trixie said.

"...I´m...the mighty and awesome Zelda!" the little filly said aloud and both took another heroic pose. Manic Moon stood up and walked to the kitchen.

"I will let you two keep on your training to become almighty, while I go into the kitchen and prepare our great and awesome meal." he said and walked of. Trixie become a little bit red in her face, when she realiced how childish she behaved in front of Manic.

"Soooo...What comes next?" Zelda asked and looked up to her mentor.

"Now I´ll teach you the real way of levitating things. You´ve got to know, this spell is the most important spell in magic." Trixie stated.

"Realy? But why?" Zelda asked confused.

"Just think about it! Every unicorn you´ll ever met knows this spell. It´s the basic for most of the higher spells. When we´re done with the training you will be able to cast this spell in your sleep. Then and only then I will teach you other spells." Trixie explained.

"Okey, Ms. Trixie!" Zelda replayed.

"Good. Now sit down and force a little bit of magic into your horn! Just a little bit!" Trixie commanded. Zelda did as told and sat down. Her horn began to glow.

"Very well. And now close your eyes and try to let the apple flow again, but this time don´t try to force it! See it with your inner eye." Trixie said and put the apple in front of Zelda. The little filly sat completly quiet on her place and for a second Trixie wasn´t shore, if she even heard what her mentor told her. But then a green aura appeard around the apple and it started not only to flow through the living room, no it flew through it. Trixie followed it totaly aback. Finaly the apple landed on the table and Zelda opened her eyes.

"Did it work? Was this right?" she asked unshore. Trixie walked to her.

"No, this wasn´t right!" she said and Zeldas face froze again. But then she picked her up and huged Zelda.

"This....was...perfect!!!" she said aloud.

"Realy?" Zelda asked with big eyes.

"Realy!" Trixie answered and held her in the air. Both started to laugh, not knowing that Manic Moon was watching them from the kitchen door. He couldn´t help himself, but he had to smile, when he saw his beloved daughter laughting and celebrating with the mare that reminded him so much of the changeling princess he once loved more than everything. He turned around and walked back into the kitchen.

"Maybe!....Maybe!" he whispered and prepared a dinner for the three of them.