• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 3,517 Views, 104 Comments

The Demon and his Daughter - Manic Moon



Demonponys are an old legend ponys tell their fillys to scare them, but what if the legend becomes reality. Manic Moon and his daughter Zelda will put the tolerance of Twilight and her friends on the test.

  • ...
10
 104
 3,517

Choosing the Right Side

It was in the early morning the Manic Moon, Cal and Crimson met at the police station. All three of them look still pretty tired. Manic opened the front door and they walked inside.

"Okey guys. Cal and I take will patrol around the town and you Crimson will stay here in case any pony will show up here." Manic said.

"Sir. Yes Sir!" she answered and saluted with a giggle. Cal just shoke his head and walked into the locker room.

"Didn´t I tell you to just call me Manic? I´m maybe your boss, but this doesn´t make me anything special." Manic said while he walked to the locker room too.

"Yes, beeing a demon pony and having a changeling daughter makes you special. hi hi hi!" Crimson said and prodded Manic into the side.

"Go on like that and you are the first pony to end up into on of the new prison cell." he said and both started to dress up their uniforms. Like before all of the were wearing black vests with matching hoof gloves and sattle bags. Only Manic was also wearing a his golden sheriff star. When everything was in place they met in the entrance hall.

"Cal and I will start our route around the town and you get youself comfortable. If there is any problem just send us a magic paper and we will be on our way." Manic said. Crimson was about to salute again, when he interrupted her.

"Do the "Yes Sir!" thing again and you will do the night shift for the next month!" he said with a stern face. Quickly she stoped her action and nodded instead. Cal and Manic Moon walked outside.

"I would say I´ll take the route over the north side of the town and you the one to the south side. Around midday I will fly a little round over Sweet Apple Acres and the Everfree Forrest." Manic explained.

"Sound like a good plan to me. I woun´t think there will be much problems on our first day." Cal answered. Manic let his look curve over Ponyville.

"I do hope so. If the reports I´ve got from Major Mare are correct everything can happen in this town and from now on it´s our part to keep everypony save. Just stay vigilant and don´t do anything risky, if it isn´t necessary." Manic said. Cal nodded and walked of. Manic turned around and was about to start his route too he heared Cal scream.

"Sir. Yes Sir!" he screamed and run of laughting before Manic could say something. Manic let his teeth crunch in anger and walked of too.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Slowly but shore the little town woke up. The streets filled themself with ponies on their way to work or other goals. The booths opened everywhere Manic Moon was greated with happy faces and who waved a good morning to him. Suddenly he heared his name.

"Mr. Moon! Mr. Moon! Manic Moon! Over here!" the voise called. He turned around and saw a white unicorn calling for him.

"Rarity?" he asked and walked to her. She was standing before her boutique and was very excited.

"Excuse me Ms Rarity, but you don´t look like you´ve got an emergency. What can I do for you?" he asked confused.

"Don´t you worry Manic. I just wanted to give you something. You can call it a present for you first day of work, if you want." Rarity said with a wink.

"But aren´t you already making the gala outfits for free. I don´t feel got, if you give me all this things without taking any Bit for it." Manic said unconfortable.

"Oh, but it´s nothing realy. The gala dresses are good promotion for my shop and this present only exists because you inspired me." she said and levitated a box to him. Slowly he opened it and found a pitch black cowboy hat with silver lines as decoration on it.

"Is this what I think it is?" Manic asked and looked at Rarity.

"Your very own sheriff hat. When I saw you at the party in your uniforms I simply got to make it for you." she said with a smile. Manic did as told and carefully lifted the hat out of the box and put it on his head. Rarity used her magic to levitat a mirrow in front of him. At first Manic wasn´t shore about it, but now that he looked at himself he got to say that it matched perfect with the rest of his uniform.

"I...I don´t know what to say. Thank you Rarity! He looks perfect." Manic said still looking at himself in the mirrow. She just giggled and waved of.

"That´s all I gonna need to hear. The best about my job are the happy faces of my costumers." Rarity said.

"I know what you mean. When I was a bartender I loved this smiles too. They showed me that I did my job right and lighten up the day of somepony." he said. Rarity was about to respond to this, when suddenly a paper appeared between them. Manic Moon quickly took it and read aloud.

"Need help at the market. Big crush of ponies is starting a riot. Cal!" he read.

"This sounds important. I´ve got to go. Thanks again for the hat Rarity." Manic said and took of.

"Good luck Manic Moon." she called and waved after him.

Manic Moon flyed as fast as he could and soon enough he saw the market and the pony crowed Cal talked of. They all seamed to stand around a little carriage with built-in stage. He landed next to Cal, who stood a little bit aside from the crowd of ponies.

"Good that you´re here Manic. This is getting worse with every minute." Cal said. He already held a taser in his hooves.

"What is going on? They look like they are ready to kill somepony." Manic said and looked at the crow, who screamed and threw things on stage. Cal pointed at the pony on stage.

"It´s Trixie. She came back to Ponyville to perform her new show, but most of the ponies around here seams to still be mad at her for the last two times she came in town. If we don´t do something quickly this could end pretty ugly.

On stage a desperate Trixie tryed everything to change the mood of the crowd.

"Please everypony! Listen to me! The Great and Powerful Trixie has changed. I´m no longer searching for revenge on Twilight Sparkle. I just want to show my new show and....." she tryed to explain, when a little rock hit her right on her nose. She turned away from the crowd and made herself as small as possible. Tears started to run down her face.

"Everytime you come to Ponyville something terrible is happening." one pony screamed.

"We don´t want you here any more." an other one said. A big working pony with a yellow helmet climed on stage.

"Time to get out the trash." he said and lifted a hoof. When he was about to hit Trixie, something stoped his motion. He looked to his side and found Manic Moon blocking the hoof with his own.

"I don´t think so." Manic said and shoved the working pony away. Cal did his best and brought some distance between the stage and the other ponies.

"What the buck is wrong with you? The mare is a criminal. You are suppost to help the good and honest ponies." the worker pony said angry.

"I´m suppost to help the ponies, who can´t protect themself and if a crowed of over fourty ponies trys to beat a single one, who just wanted to entertain them I know where I´ve got to stand." Manic said back and stood himself protecting in front of the still sobbing Trixie.

"You can´t be serious about this. Don´t you know, what she did to this town?" the helmed pony screamed at him.

"I know everything. I´ve read every report and I know the nothing was realy her fault. The ursa minor came to town because two fillies interrupted his sleep and at the second time she was under the control of this magic amulet. So the next pony, who throws something on this stage or at her will sleep in a cell tonight. Did I made myself clear?" Manic said aloud, so that every pony could hear him. Most of the ponies in the crowd started to think about, what Manic said. Some nodded and began to walk of or looked at Trixie with true regrets. Only the worker pony didn´t seamed to back down.

"I know we couldn´t trust a demon pony. It´s your first day and you already protecting criminals. We should expel you and this little wanna be mage out of Ponyville right now." he said and made a step closer to Manic.

"Realy! I would love to see that. Why don´t you try it RIGHT NOW!" Manic said and screamed the last two words at the pony in front of him. He once again had his demonic smile on his face was just one step away from his opponent. The working pony looked over his shoulder to find some sopport, but most of the ponies in the crowd seamed to change their mind and just shoke their head. Nopony wanted to lose their new sheriff at the very first day. He looked back to Manic Moon.

"Fine. We will settle this on a other day." he said and was about to leave the stage.

"Cal! Did you see, who threw the rock at Trixie?" Manic asked aloud. Cal turned around and smiled at Manic Moon.

"Take a wild guess." he said and pointed at the worker pony. Before this one could say something Manic gave him a piece of paper.

"And what is this?" he asked. Manic Moon grined at him.

"Your ticket over 500 Bits for attacking an other pony wilfully. You´ve got one week to pay it at the police station or the town hall. If you cross the dead line we will arrest you instead." Manic said.

"WHAT? You...AAAAAH!" the worker pony screamed and was about to attack Manic, when he suddenly got an electric shock and fell to the ground. Behind him stood Cal with his taser.

"I love this thing you know. Works every time, no matter how big they are." he said and put the taser back into his saddle bag.

"This will be 350 Bits more for attacking a police pony." Manic said and laid a second ticket to the stunned pony. Cal turned back to the crowd.

"Okey everypony. The show is over! Please go back to your own business." Cal said aloud and helped the crowd to disappear. Manic Moon walked to the still crying Trixie, who was holding her bleeding nose. She was shivering very hard and now that he could see her from close up he noticed the she was pretty thin. Her ribs could be seen through her fur and her clothers looked terrible dirty and torn appart. He wanted to lay a hoof on Trixies shoulder, but she backed away.

"It´s alright. I won´t hurt you." Manic said and sat himself next to her. Before he could say anything else Trixie jumped at his chest, holding him tight and cried even more.

"Thank you!......Thank you so much!" the mare sobbed. When Trixie said this Manic Moons eyes dilated. This words where nearly the same as his beloved Light said as he once saved her in this bar.

"Thank you!......Thank you so much!....I....I thought they would......Thank you." Lights voise echoed in his head while he saw the old image before his eyes. When he got back to his mind he didn´t know what to do. So he just stroked her mane.

"It´s ok! You´re save now." he just said. Manic held her like this for some minutes until her sobbing stoped. Cal walked back on the stage to see, what took his boss so long.

"Can I help you or do you two need some more privacy?" he said with a grin. Manic got red and look at him.

"N-No! I think we... I mean she is fine. Right Ms Trixie?" he said and looked back at the mare in his hooves just to see that she was unconscious.

"I guess this was a little bit to much for her. Must have gone trough terrible time for a while now." Manic said.

"Maybe you should bring her to the hospital. They can fix her nose and give her something to eat too." Cal answered.

"I guess you´re right. Keep on your route, I will go back to mine as sone as I brought her to the hospital." Manic replied and laid Trixie on his back. Cal was about to do something, when Manic interrupted him.

"and if you do this "Yes Sir!" thing again you´ll end up next to this guy." he said and pointed at the still knocked out worker pony.

"Damn! You´re good Manic." Cal laught.

"That´s my job Cal." Manic answered and took of. After a quick flight he landed in front of the Ponyville hospital. He walked inside and soon enough found nurse Red Heart.

"Hello Mr Manic Moon. What can we do for the town sheriff today?" she asked with a smile.

"Hello nurse Red Heart. I need some medical aid for this pony." Manic answered and showed her the mare on his back.

"Is this Trixie? What happened to her?" Red Heart asked concerned and brought a stretcher for her.

"An angry pony threw a rock at her nose and I do believe she hasn´t ate anything in the last days. She is pretty weak." he answered and laid her carefully on the stretcher.

"Don´t you worry Mr. Moon. We will take good care of her." the nurse answered and quickly shoved Trixie in an other room.

Manic Moon watched until both were out of sight. Then he slowly walked out of the hospital and back on his route trough the town. The whole time he was thinking about what happened on the stage. He felt so much pity for this mare. When he and Zelda started their new live in Ponyville it was Octavia, who sticked up for them. Trixie had nopony, who helped her against this angry crowd. If it wasn´t for Cal and him they would have done even more terrible things to her. Manic stoped in his tracks and looked at the happy ponies everywhere. Ponyville was a perfect place to life.

"And I will help Trixie to be accepted be this ponies just like they accepted me." Manic said aloud and continued his route.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Crimson was sitting in the police station on her desk, waiting for ponies who need help. She was bored out of her fur. Not a single pony came today and since there were no prisoners or open cases she had nothing to do. She was looking around and her sight stoped at the desk of Cal and Lavender. Even if it was their first working day, Manic Moon gave all of them some time to get themself confortable. Crimson stood up and walked to Cals desk and looked at all the things that laid on it.

"Let´s see what this hard pony has on his table." she said. The first thing that caught her attention were the magazines about fishing. Seams to be his hobby. There was also a pretty big cup for coffee and buzzer. But the most interresting thing on his desk was the big photo in the left corner. It showed Cal, Mariposa and their three daughters. All of the smiled into the camera, even Cal did so.

"Awww! Isn´t this sweet. I would have never gave him credit to be such a family colt." Crimson said and took a closer look at the photo. After a while her face got sad and she put it back on it´s place.

"How can such a rough back of a pony find a beautiful mare like her and I´m still single. I don´t even got somepony I could ask to come with me to the Grand Galloping Gala." she nearly screamed. She decided to take a look at Lavenders desk. Maybe this would help to cheer her up some more. Sadly there was not much to find. Crimson found a book with the name "the art of the acting".

"This boy is so much into this whole acting thing, I wonder why he´s still in Ponyville. Most ponies like him go to Fillywood and try their luck on the big stages." she said when her loom moved to the next object. It was a piece of paper with a list on it.

"Looks like a "to do" list. I wonder what he´s planning in the next time." she said.

1. do a good job at work
2. find a date for the gala
3. find an idea for a musical
4. find some good actors
5. create the best musical Equestria has ever seen

"Wait a minute! He doesn´t has a date for the gala too? Such a lovely and handsome pony has no marefriend? Such a shame. I wonder if...." she said when a pony came into the station and interrupted her. It was Pinkie Pie.

"Hello Crimson Tide! How´s your day?" the pink party pony said while she happily jumped into the police station.

"Oh... Hello Pinkie Pie! What brings you here. Do you need any help or is there an emergency in Ponyville?" she asked and quickly walked back to her own desk.

"Oh no! Don´t you worry yourself. I´ve just found this wizzard hat in the middle of the town." she said and showed Crimson Trixies blue hat with the yellow stars and moons on it.

"Okey Pinkie. We will keep the hat here until a pony comes and ask for it." the police mare answered and placed it on her table.

"Silly filly! I know who owns this hat. It´s Trixies great and powerful wizzard hat. hi hi hi hi!" Pinkie Pie said and looked at Crimson like it was completly obvious.

"But if you know this, why do you bring the hat to us and not to Trixie?" Crimson asked with a doubting look.

"Because it´s more fun like that and my Pinkie Sense told me to do so." Pinkie Pie said and before Crimson Tide could say anything the energetic mare jumped out of the station. Crimson took an other look at the hat and sighed.

"Why do I even try to make sense out of this pony? At least this killed some time." she said and placed the hat on her desk. Then she got herself confortable and kept on waiting for the end of her shift.

Author's Note:

This is the pure version by me, since I don´t wanna wait any more to post chapter 10. As soon as I get a version without mistakes, I will correct this one. I hope you can still enjoy it.