• Published 17th Feb 2013
  • 3,515 Views, 104 Comments

The Demon and his Daughter - Manic Moon



Demonponys are an old legend ponys tell their fillys to scare them, but what if the legend becomes reality. Manic Moon and his daughter Zelda will put the tolerance of Twilight and her friends on the test.

  • ...
10
 104
 3,515

Fears, Parties and Dolls

Autumn Skies jumped up when she heard her mother's scream. Every other foal in her room looked in the direction the noise came from.

"What was that?" Rumble asked.

"That's my mom! Quick! Maybe something happened to her!" Autumn said and rushed out of the room. Zelda, Rumble and Dinky followed her. When the group reached the living room they all crashed into Shiner, who had already made her way to the scene. The pile of ponies slowly rose back up and looked at the three parents in front of them.

"What was that scream for mom?" Shiner asked, confused. The adults looked at each other. Manic Moon and Derpy Hooves started to laugh again. Mariposa blushed and glared at Manic, then she looked at her two daughters.

"Everything is alright! I got scared by Manic Moon." Mariposa explained. Manic scratched the back of his head.

"Ha ha ha! Don't forget that you two asked for it." Manic answered.

"I still don't get it. How did Mr. Moon scare you Ms. Mariposa?" Dinky asked. Derpy answered her daughter's question before Mariposa could respond.

"He showed us the present for Zelda.....Oops!" she said and put a hoof over her mouth. Before anypony could say something else, Zelda rushed to her father.

"You got a present for me? Where? Where is it? Show me! Show me! Show me!" she begged in front of her father.

"Sorry Manic! I didn't mean to ruin the surprise." Derpy excused herself.

"Don't you worry yourself. It's not like Zelda wasn't surprised this way." he said. Manic turned back to his daughter.

"Yes, I've got a present for you. Now close your eyes and I'll give it to you." he said. Zelda did as told and closed her eyes, while her friends looked curiously at her and her father.

"Ok! Now open them again." Manic said. When she did so the little snake was sitting on the ground before her, smiling at her and hissing happily. Zelda's mouth nearly dropped on the floor.

"It that a snake daddy?" she asked, totally overwhelmed.

"It's your own little pet snake. His name is Whisper." Manic answered with a wide smile.

"Oh my Luna! This is so awesome. Thank you daddy!" she said and carefully petted Whisper. Her friends formed a circle around the snake.

"Wow! This must be the coolest pet ever." Rumble stated with big eyes.

"Now this is really the best sleep over in all of Equestria." Autumn said aloud and stroked the little snake. Everypony in the room wanted to touch Whisper at least once. Everypony, but Mariposa. She took some steps back and tried to not even look at the snake in her house. Manic Moon looked at her and smiled.

"I'd never have guessed you were afraid of snakes." he said. Mariposa glared at him and got a little bit red.

"It's because of my aunt. She bred snakes on her farm and when I was a little filly once I fell into one of her nests. It was a complete nightmare. All these small, scaly worms on my body and in my mane. Since that I hate snakes." she answered and a chill ran down her back.

"Ha ha ha ha! Aren't you overreacting a bit. It's not like Whisper could do you any harm. Fluttershy told me that he doesn't have any fangs." Manic said and laid a hoof on her shoulder. Zelda heard the conversation between her father and Ms. Mariposa.

"Sound like your fear of bees, daddy." she called. Manic Moon started to blush, while Mariposa grinned at him.

"That's...Ahm!...That's something completely different!" he said with an embarrassed smile. Everypony in the room started to laugh. After some more fun they left and walked back home. Manic took a seat in his favorite armchair and looked at Zelda. She was playing with Whisper, who already made himself comfortable in her mane. He flitted from Zelda's head to the tip of her tail and back again in no time and tickled her with his little tongue. She was laying on the ground and laughed her heart out.

"Ha ha ha ha! Stop Whisper! Hi hi hi hi hi! I can't take it anymore. He he he he he!" Zelda laughed with tears in her eyes. Manic Moon watched the whole show. He was proud; he knew he had chosen the right pet for her.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Like this the time went on and soon enough the big party for the new police unit in Ponyville was about to start. Once again, every pony in town came and they were all watching the stage. The Mayor Mare was standing at the microphone and the three police officers together with their leader were directly behind her. All of them in the new uniforms, complete with black vest, hoof gloves and saddle bag. Lavender was also wearing one of the black caps and had bound his long mane up in a ponytail. He, Cal and Crimson all had their shield pinned on their vest; just Manic wore his sheriff star.

"Ladies and gentlecolts, please give a big applause for the new police force of Ponyville. Caliber Ballistics, Lavender Shine, Crimson Tide and the leader of the team, Sheriff Manic Moon!" she said aloud. Everypony started to clap their hooves together, when the members of the team stepped to the front of the stage. Once the cheering in the hall calmed down, the Mayor gave the microphone to Manic Moon.

"Hello, and thank you everypony for coming to this party. I'm not a pony of many words, but let me say just a few things. First of all, let me introduce you to the new distress call system." he said and took a piece of paper out of one of his vest pockets. He showed it to the crowd. Nothing was written on it and some of the ponies seemed to be very confused about it.

"By tomorrow morning every one of you will find some of these papers in your mail box. They are made to contact us when you need to report a crime or an emergency. It's a very simple system, just write your name and location on the paper and rip them in two." Manic explained and did just that. When he tore it apart the paper puffed into green smoke and flew to Cal. In his hooves the smoke turned back into the paper.

"This magic paper will fly to the nearest police pony and turn back into it's normal state. This will let us know which pony is in trouble and where we have to search for it. If you ever run out of them go to the police station, we will give you new ones for free." he said. The ponies in the crowd were nodding to show they understood.

"In case you are on the road and don't have a paper with you, the building company of Ponyville will install emergency pillars on different places all around the town. Just activate them and we will come as fast as we can." Manic explained and pointed to the builder ponies in the crowd.

"During the day, there will always be two police ponies who patrol around the city. A third pony will be stationed at the police station. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us on the street or go to the police station. At night the fourth member of our team will be in the police station, every magic paper will be sent to him and he will initiate the needful actions." Manic said and looked in the crowd.

"That's all I've got to say. If there are no questions I guess we can start this party." he finally said. Before anypony could respond, Twilight Sparkle walked on the stage and levitated the microphone out of Manic Moons hoof and to her mouth.

"Actually, there is something more to announce. I sent a letter to Princess Celestia about everything that has happened in the last weeks. She was very interested in the new police unit in Ponyville and in you and Zelda too. That's why she invited you and the rest of the team to this year's Grand Galloping Gala." she announced. They all looked at her with big eyes. Lavender Shine was the first to find his voice again.

"You mean we are invited to the biggest social event of the year. Only the high society and famous ponies are on the guest list. This....this is just....Wow! Such a big honor." he said.

"Each of you gets a ticket, plus a ticket for a pony of your choice as company. Only Manic Moon will get three tickets, because the Princess wants to get to know Zelda too." Twilight explained. Zelda's voice could be heard in the crowd.

"JUHU! I'm gonna meet the Princess. This is so awesome!" she screamed and jumped up and down. Manic looked at Twilight.

"And you are sure she doesn't want to send me back in the underground to the other demon ponies? I mean, if the stories of my grandpa are right she was already alive when my race was still living above ground. There is a good chance that she likes me as much as my people like ponies." Manic said a little bit nervous. Twilight shook her head.

"No, she seemed to be pretty interested in meeting one of the demon ponies after such a long time and when I told her about Zelda, she absolutely insisted to get to know her. She is unique in Equestria." she answered with a smile. Manic whispered to her.

"Don't say that so loud! Such things could go right to Zelda's ego." he said to her. She giggled and turned back to the rest of the team.

"Anyways! You will get the tickets in the next week. I hope you will enjoy the Gala as much as my friends and I did." Twilight said with a weak smile at them. The other members of the Mane 6 looked away or took a fake smile like the purple unicorn.

"You can bet on that. I've always wanted to go to this gala. It's the dream of every little filly." Crimson said dreamily.

"I guess I've got to go too. Mariposa would skin me alive if I turned down a chance like this." Cal said with a quick glance at his wife. Suddenly Pinkie Pie appeared between Twilight and Manic and took the microphone.

"Enough of the talking! Let's get this party started!" she screamed. With that the music started and the party pony did a stage dive into the crowd, which parted before Pinkie could stop. She took a hard landing on the floor and everypony started to laugh. The pink mare quickly recovered and the party could begin. After half an hour Rarity walked to Manic, who was just talking with Octavia and Lavender Shine.

"....and then he dumped the whole bottle over her head and asked "Better?" and she answered "Better!"" Octavia said and laughed.

"Ha ha ha ha! I can't believe you did that Manic." Lavender said.

"It was either that or slapping her. I didn't wanted to risk hurting her. Ha ha ha ha!" Manic answered. Rarity tapped on his shoulder.

"Excuse me if I am interrupting your little conversation, but there is an offer I would like to present to you and your team." she said.

"Let me guess. You want to make the dresses for the gala for every member of the Ponyville Police Department?" Lavender said with a smile.

"Every member, plus their dates of course." Rarity said, a bit insulted for being seen through so easily.

"Oh! Right! Dates. Looks like we've got to find some for the gala." Manic said and looked at Octavia.

"Don't look at me Manic! I've already got a ticket for the gala. This year I'm the solo performer for the entertainment. You've got to ask another mare." she said with a wink.

"I was afraid that you would say that. I haven't dated a mare since I met Light, and with taking care of Zelda there was hardly any time for things like that." Manic said with a sad face.

"Come on boss. You´re the leader of a police force and a single father with a lovely little daughter. The mares will line up to go on a date with you." Lavender said and nudged him in the side.

"He's got a point." Octavia said and Rarity nodded too.

"That's a very interesting point of view. Maybe it's time to step up my game." Manic said and started to think.

In the mean time Zelda was talking with her friends.

"Did you bring Whisper with you Zelda?" Dinky asked.

"No. My dad said that there are lots of ponies in town who are afraid of snakes, and he didn't want to risk a panic during the party. We built him a little nest in my room. He should be fine and deep asleep by now." Zelda answered.

"I wish I had a pet too, but my mom said our family is already big enough." Autumn said.

"Well my brother always says...." Rumble started, but suddenly his brother appeared behind him.

"You were saying?" Thunderlane said and his little brother made a jump into the air.

"WAAAAH!" Rumble screamed. His big brother laughed together with Zelda, Autumn, Dinky and a young pegasus mare next to Thunderlane. She had a yellow coat and a pink and green mane. Her cutie mark was a pixel cherry, and she had a black and violet striped sock over her left front hoof.

"Ha ha ha! Look like I got you again little bro." Thunderlane said.

"That's not funny Thunderlane!" Rumble said angrily.

"Yes it is! Hi hi hi hi!" Zelda giggled.

"Don't be mad at him Rumble. You know how your brother is." the mare said and smiled at him. Then she looked at his friends.

"I don't believe we've met before. My name is Pixel Gum." she said.

"Hello Pixel Gum! I'm Autumn Skies." Autumn answered.

"I'm Zelda." the little changeling said.

"And my name is Dinky Hooves." Dinky said.

"Nice to meet you all." Pixel said. Zelda saw the sock on Pixel Gum's hoof.

"Where is the sock for your right hoof? Did you lose it? she asked. Pixel looked her hooves and smiled.

"No, I didn't lose it. There is no second sock. I made this sock all by myself and never made one for my other hoof. It's something like my trademark." she explained.

"Wow! You made yourself a sock. Does that mean you're a fashion mare like Ms. Rarity?" Dinky asked.

"Not exactly. I'm not really into making dresses. I prefer to make dolls." Pixel said with a hoof on the back of her head. As soon as she finished her sentence, three little fillies were directly in front of her.

"You make dolls?" Zelda, Autumn and Dinky said together. Pixel backed off a little bit, while Rumble and Thunderlane looked at each other thinking "girls".

"Yes, I make dolls." she answered with a nervous look.

"Could you make some for us? Please! Please! Please!" Zelda asked with big eyes and Autumn and Dinky followed her. Pixel looked down at them and sighed.

"How could I say no to fillies with such big eyes. He he he!" she laughed and stroked Autumn over her head.

"Yay!" Dinky yelled and jumped up.

"Awesome!" Zelda screamed and bro-hooved with Autumn.

"Just come by with your parents and tell me how your dolls should look. Since you're friends of Rumble, I only need the Bits for the material." she explained.

"Looks like it's always good to have me as a friend right?" Rumble said proudly.

"Oh yes, it is!" Autumn said and with a sign to Zelda and Dinky all three girls jumped on him for a group hug. Pixel Gum and Thunderlane watched this and she winked at her coltfriend.

"Wow! He is already better with the girls than you are." she said. He glared back at her.

"That's just beginner's luck....I guess." he said, unconfident. Pixel gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"You're good enough to get me. That's something, right?" she said while he got red.

"That's all I need." he said and kissed her back.

The party went on and everypony had a good time. Nopony noticed the brown stallion with the long green mane, who left the party first. He walked into a dark corner of a street. After he was sure that he was alone, his body was engulfed in a green flame and a changeling in heavy armor took his place. He took off and flew back to the hive with an important message for his queen. He had finally found her granddaughter.