• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 933 Views, 36 Comments

Project Celestia - decembuary



A fic based on a discussion on EQD. Moon Dust finds herself leader of a new civilisation.

  • ...
3
 36
 933

Upgrade

I nervously approached the doors to the royal court room. Through the wooden barrier the two Alicorn Princesses held my fate in their hooves. I was really beginning to regret ‘borrowing’ those cupcakes from Sugarcube Corner.

“Guards, bring to me the unicorn Moon Dust” a voice commanded from inside the room.

Two of the Royal guards opened the huge door and summoned for me to come in. I slowly stepped in through the doors.

The royal court room was nothing like I had expected it to be. The floors and walls were marble and in the middle of the room, leading to the front was a long red carpet. The windows were the most spectacular thing about the room though. Each window was a stained glass picture portraying moments from the history of Equestria. I recognized the Elements of Harmony defeating Nightmare Moon and Discord, but the rest of the windows showed events that I didn’t know about. I figured they were from a long time ago.

“Moon Dust, you are brought here today be trailed for the stealing of one of Miss Pinkie Pie’s cupcakes. Are you guilty of the accused crime?" Said Princess Celestia, her voice projecting all through the room.

“Yes, I am guilty of the Crime” I replied.

“That’s good. I couldn’t let someone who wasn’t honest rule New Equestria”

Now that was unexpected.

“Rule New Equestria? What do you mean by that?” I asked.

“You think I brought you here for stealing a cupcake? That would be ridiculous! I have been watching you for some time now, stealing the cupcake was just an excuse to bring you here” The Princess explained.
“The real reason you are here is because Equestria is over-crowded”

“But what can I do about that? My special talent is architecture, not solving the problems of Equestria!”

“You can solve this problem by becoming a princess and leading 180 ponies to a new Equestria on the other side of this planet. There will be 90 mares and 90 stallions, 30 of each type of pony. You can decide on the type of place it will be. It could be an underwater world, a desert, rainforest - Anything! You will also have one creature of your choice defending all of the ponies there because I cannot guarantee it will be entirely safe.” Replied the Princess. “Are you willing to do this?”

“Yes, I am Princess”

“Then I will start the process of turning you into an Alicorn”

I braced myself, preparing for whatever might be coming at me. Suddenly a wave of magic surged through my body, it felt like a million ants burrowing from the tip of my horn and digging through my flesh. I kept my mouth clamped shut, refusing to scream but my attempts were fruitless and I ended up screaming.

And then it was over.

I stood up, I must have fallen onto the floor during the transformation. When I was standing I noticed that I was now a lot taller. Not quite as tall as Princess Celestia, but close.

“Oh good, it worked” Princess Celestia said happily. She floated a mirror up to me so I could see my new look.

My face now looked like Celestia’s, but still slightly rounder. My Purple mane was a lot longer than before, it sparkled and billowed about, as if it was blowing in a non-existent wind. In the mirror I noticed two feathery wings folded against my sides. I stretched out my new appendages. They were the same colour as my body, except the grey feathers were shimmering and sparkling, while the fur on my body just stayed the same.

“Wow” I said, still staring at my reflection.

I looked up at the Princess and noticed that while I had been examining myself, she had been summoning some jewelry very similar to hers.

“These are for you. A princess must dress like a princess”

She levitated a large gold collar with sapphires embedded in it forwards and fitted it around my neck. Next she lifted a a crown of the same colours onto my head. She than indicated for me to step into the four gold shoes in front of me. The jewelry was quite heavy, but I was sure I would get used to it.

Once I was wearing attire appropriate for a princess, she summoned for a small yellow and green baby dragon to come into the room.

“This is Leafy. She is going to be your assistant, advisor and friend. She is also your way of communicating with me.” Said the white Alicorn.
“Think of the type of scenery you want New Equestria to have when you are being teleported. Any questions before you go”

“Yes, just one Princess-

“Please call me Celestia, after all you are a princess now too.”

“Okay, but you said earlier that there would be a creature to defend New Equestria”

“Yes, I did. Tell me now what you would like”

“Okay. Can I please have an Ursa?”

“Minor or Major?”

“Minors grow up into Majors, right?

“Yes, they do”

“In that case, I will have an Ursa Minor”

“As you wish” Celestia said. “Your Ursa and your people will be waiting for you when you arrive. Are you ready to go?”

“I am as ready as I’ll ever be”

“Okay then. Off you go”

A huge pink light flooded the room. It was all I could see for a few moments and then suddenly I was in a forest surrounded by 180 ponies, a baby dragon and a tame Ursa Minor.