• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 933 Views, 36 Comments

Project Celestia - decembuary



A fic based on a discussion on EQD. Moon Dust finds herself leader of a new civilisation.

  • ...
3
 36
 933

Princesses

Finally it was Tuesday. Princess Celestia and my sister would be coming any moment now. I looked out my window, and to my surprise, the two Alicorns had appeared outside.

Celestia looked the same as usual, but my sister now had to small white wings on her back. Her tiny horn had grown a couple of centimeters. Sun Glow’s mane and tail weren’t long and shimmery like mine and Celestia’s manes, instead it was a lot like Princess Luna’s the first time she had visited Ponyville - Just after Nightmare Moon’s return. Her mane was still her usual red, yellow and orange colour though. She was wearing jewelry very similar to my jewelry.

I flew out my window, down to the two Princesses.
“Dusty!” Sun Glow yelled in excitement, bouncing over to see me.

“Sunny!” I replied with equal excitement.

After we had finished bouncing and hugging, I turned to Princess Celestia.

“It’s nice to see you again Princess” I said.

“I thought I told you to call me Celestia!” The princess replied with a laugh.

“Sorry” I said.

“Anyway, I see New Equestria is coming along quite nicely. It’s good you’ve got some houses built, because winter is coming very quickly.” Celestia said.
“You might want to start organizing Winter Wrap up, or are you going to clean up winter with magic?”

“How does that work? I thought pegasus made the weather? Why would we need a Winter Wrap Up if there’s no snow to clean up?” I asked.

“Because most of the weather here works like the Everfree forest. Most of the clouds are controllable, but over the colder months, rain and snow clouds will float over here and make rain and snow.” The white Alicorn explained.

“I’ll talk to Cumulous about it later”

“Good. Now we’ve got that sorted, why don’t we go inside? It’s quite cold today.”

“That’s a good idea.”

We all went into the main room of the tree palace. It was noticeably warmer inside.

“Ah this is much better isn’t it?” Said Celestia.

I agreed.

After a couple of moments silence, I decided I should talk.

“So what do you think of the town so far, Sunny?”

“I like it! Have you decided on a name yet? If you have, it better not be Gallopton. That name was terrible!” Sun Glow replied

“No, I haven’t chosen a name yet. Do you have any ideas?”

“Nah”

“I brought a couple of clocks for you. Do you want them?” Asked Celestia

“Yeah! Thanks for bringing them!” I said.
“It’s been so annoying not knowing the time”

She pulled the clocks out of her saddlebags and levitated them over to me.

I magically took them and floated them onto the table.

“Thanks again” I said.

“No problem” Said the Princess.

A few more moments passed. Sun Glow looked practically asleep on her hooves. The two princesses must be very tired after coming here, I mean this place is on the other side of the planet! It probably would have taken heaps of both ponies magical energy to teleport here.

“You two must be really tired. Do you want me to show you your rooms, then take you down to the feast we’ve prepared?”

“That would be wonderful” replied Princess Celestia.

“Yeah that would be cool” Sun Glow said.

Then lets go! I said.

----------

After showing the two princess their rooms, we headed down to the main dining room. I had smelt the food cooking earlier, and I was definitely looking forward to eating it.

On the dining room tables, food was being served on leaf plates. The food was mostly apple-based food since it was the only plant that was fully grown and harvestable at the moment. Luckily ponies could survive on flowers and hay and sometimes (very rarely because of the bitter taste) grass.

The three alicorns sat down in one of the many seats around the table. When they were sitting down, Pumpkin came and asked if she should tell the rest of the ponies in New Equestria that the feast was starting.

The three of us who were at the table started dishing food onto hour plates while everypony gradually entered the room. Once a majority of the chairs were filled, the princesses started to eat their food.

It was delicious.

-----------

Once all the food was eaten, Princess Celestia lowered the sun. Everypony watched in awe as the powerful alicorn lit her horn and directed it towards the sun. The sun shone a little brighter from her magic as it was slowly disappeared behind the horizon.

Once the sun was gone, Celestia and Sun Glow retired to their rooms for the night. I stayed up a little longer to help clean up the leaf plates, then I flew to my room. I fell asleep as soon as I lay down. I must have been more tired than I realized.

----------------

A loud thud woke me from my slumber. I got out of my hammock and looked out the window to see what was causing the noise. I couldn’t see much because it was still dark, so I flew out the window to investigate around town to see if I could find the source of the noise.

It didn’t take too long to find out what was going on.

A hydra was stuck between two trees near the castle. It was swinging its heads around whacking anything surrounding it, in hope that it will become dislodged. It wasn’t being very successful in this pursuit. On the other hand, it was very successful at knocking down trees.

This hydra needed to be moved. Some of the trees could knock down rooms in the tree castle, and if it got free it could run towards the town and destroy the houses everypony has worked so hard on.

I lit my horn and tried to push the hydra out of the trees. No luck. It was probably a good thing too, If I was busy trying to push it out, then the hydra could run away before I could get it away from town.

I was thinking about how I could sort put this problem when Princess Celestia flew down next to me. She must have been woken up by the hydra too.

“We need to somehow move it to somewhere far away from town.” I said.

“I know.” The Princess replied.

“Maybe if we both work together to push it, then levitate the hydra, we can float it to somewhere far away from here” I suggested.

“Or, we could just do this.”

Celestia walked up to the hydra (it didn’t notice her coming since it was too busy throwing its heads around crazily) and she lit her horn. A pink aura of magic surrounded the monster, and then it disappeared.

“What did you do?” I asked

“I teleported it to the nearest lake.” The alicorn explained.

“Oh” I said
“How did you know where the lake is, and how did you even know there was a lake nearby?” I asked.

“I looked around a little bit on the way here. Instead of teleporting here, I decided to teleport near here and fly to the place I was meeting you.” She explained.

“Ok”

“It’s nearly morning. I must go and raise the sun”

The princess left.

Instead of flying back to my room, I flew to my sisters room. I opened the door and went inside. My sister had just woken up.

“Hi Dusty” Said Sun Glow. She yawned.

“Did you sleep well?” I asked

“Yeah. Did you?” She replied

“Yep. I woke up a bit early though. A hydra decided to wake me up by smashing trees.” I said

“A hydra! What happened? Is it gone now?” She said, her pupils shrinking in fear

“Yes, it’s gone. Don’t you worry.” I replied, then I explained what happened earlier.

“Oh good. I’m glad I wasn’t there, Hydra are scary!” My sister said with relief.

“Anyway are you looking forward to looking round town today?” I asked

“Yeah! I can’t wait to see everything and make some friends!”