• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 934 Views, 36 Comments

Project Celestia - decembuary



A fic based on a discussion on EQD. Moon Dust finds herself leader of a new civilisation.

  • ...
3
 36
 934

Sisterhooves social

The week passed really quickly after Sun Glow had recovered from her cold. We spent hours playing, flying and having fun. Eventually Friday came. We headed out towards the town, where the Sisterhooves Social was being held. I had spent most of yesterday decorating the place and setting up the activities.
When my sister and I arrived, the ponies there didn’t bother with formalities. They just continued what they were doing, just as I had told them to. Of course there were a few ponies who did bow, they probably didn’t hear my message.

Sun Glow was wearing her woolly clothes, because of the cold, but as well as them she wore a blue bandanna around her leg. I wore matching clothes. The blue bandanna was our team uniform. At the old Sisterhooves social back in Ponyville, everypony who was competing wore something to identify two ponies as siblings, and I wanted to continue doing that here.

One of the members of the council, Shadow, started to announce the start of the competition. He had used his magic to amplify his voice. Quite an impressive feat for such a young unicorn.

“Fillies and Gentlecolts. I welcome you all to the first annual Sisterhooves Social!” He said.
“I hope you are all wearing warm clothes since the weather pegasi have just told me that the weather is supposed to get very cold today. Anyway, the competition is a race to finish the obstacle course. Contenders will have to walk across a thin wooden beam, crawl through a small tunnel, balance an apple on their head for 20 seconds, then eat an apple. There will then be a 50 meter sprint to the finish line. Remember, no magic or flying or you will be instantly disqualified. The race starts in 5 minutes”

I was starting to get really nervous now, I really wanted to win this race for my sister, I also wanted this to be a good fair race. I had even left the course designing to my council so I didn’t just pick things I liked.

“All contenders must make their way to the start line now please” Shadows voice boomed

“Are you ready to go sis?” I asked my little sister.

“Yep. Should we head to the start now?” The little alicorn asked

“Yes. We don’t want to miss our race”

We headed over towards the start line. Just as Cumulous was starting the race.
We lined up on a line drawn in the dirt. A few more ponies came after us, so we weren't too late.

“In the hooves of the starter........Go!”

On 'Go' everypony sprinted forwards to the first obstacle. The balance beam. I lifted Sun Glow up with my teeth and placed her on the plank. She slowly crept towards the end.

“You can do it! Don’t worry” I encouraged. Eventually she got to the end.

Everypony was ahead of us by the time we had passed the first obstacle, but that didn’t discourage us. We sprinted onto the next activity.

The tunnel was a slightly easier task. The tunnel was made of lots of sticks leaned against a huge stick. Sort of like a triangle shaped lean-to. Luckily it was very wide and easy to fit through, even for a larger than average pony like myself.

The next activity was the apple balance. Lots of ponies were struggling with this activity. I saw this as our chance to catch up.

“Come on Sunny, lets get ahead of them while they’re still stuck on the apple balance!” I said
“Good idea. Which one of us will balance the apple?”

Only one pony had to do this activity, it would take too long otherwise.

“You can, but if you don’t want to, I will”

“I can do it” Sun Glow said

“OK then. Lets do this”

I stopped myself at the last minute from using magic to place the apple on my sisters head. I lifted up with my teeth and placed it just behind her horn.

We took a few tries, but eventually we got it. I don’t think Sunny’s wool hat helped for this activity. For the next task, eating an apple, my sister threw an apple into my mouth. I swallowed it without even chewing. After a bit of choking, we were ready for the sprint to the finish.

Me and Sunny raced towards the finish line. We couldn’t come first since the first place getters had finished ages ago, but we still sprinted as hard as we could. We crossed the line and collapsed on the ground, gasping for air. Once I’d caught my breath I said to my sister,

“We didn't come first, but we did it!”