• Published 24th Jan 2012
  • 934 Views, 36 Comments

Project Celestia - decembuary



A fic based on a discussion on EQD. Moon Dust finds herself leader of a new civilisation.

  • ...
3
 36
 934

Settling In

The ponies surrounding me had no idea what was going on.

“What is this place?”
“Where am I?”
“Help! There’s an Ursa major”


“Who is that?”
“You’re a princess! Explain to us what’s going on!”

“Okay” I replied to nopony in particular.

“Listen up everypony!”

Suddenly the murmuring stopped. Everypony’s eyes were on me.

“Princess Celestia has sent us all here because Equestria is over-populated. We are to start a New Equestria right here. The Ursa Minor is here to defend us from whatever is out here. I am the new appointed Princess Moon Dust.” I said, and surprisingly everypony listened.
“Any questions?”

“What are we supposed to eat, and where are we going to sleep?”

I bit my bottom lip. That was the question I knew would come up. I had no answer to that one.

“I don’t know yet. For now we will have a team of ponies making huts for us to sleep in until we can work out something more permanent. Pegasi will obviously sleep on the clouds for now.
For food, I want to see all ponies who are bakers, chefs - anything to do with food, and maybe together we’ll think of something. All ponies with blue on them, except for the ponies meeting me here are in charge of making huts. The rest of you, make friends or help the ponies with the huts. I want to see someone who is good with animals too.” I said. “Off you go”

A group of blue ponies headed off to build huts, while a group of ponies with items of food and cutlery as cutie marks headed towards me.

“Okay you lot. Does anyone here know anything about food in the wild?”

A few ponies raised their hooves.

“Okay you three will tell these ponies what to look for, then gather up as much edible stuff as possible. Where’s my animal expert?”

A pale pink earth pony stuck her hoof in the air as the chef ponies left to search for food.

“What’s your name?”

“Rose” She said.

“You are now officially in charge of anything to do with animals. Are you okay with that?”

“Yes”

“Okay. Do you have any idea what Ursas and Dragons eat?”

“Dragons eat gemstones, but they can go for weeks without food. Make sure the dragon doesn’t hoard anything though, it will grow until it’s bigger than a mountain! Ursas don’t eat that much. Ursa Minors drink milk and eat grass and rocks. Ursa Majors eat grass and rocks. Is that any help?”

“Thanks for that. You were a huge help”

“Not for me though” Said Leafy the dragon. She was standing next to me the whole time. “I like to eat. Now I won’t get to eat anything for ages, because you said I didn’t have to eat for weeks at a time!”

“Don’t worry I will feed you as soon as I find a gemstone that we don’t need”

“You better” The dragon said while glaring at me.


At that moment one of the chef ponies came back from exploring.

“Princess Moon Dust. We have found a small patch of apple trees. Can we have some more ponies to help carry the apples back here?”

“Yes, take whoever you want”

“Thank you Princess”

He galloped off to a group of chatting ponies, then galloped off in the direction he came from. The group of ponies followed.

“Well, at least we’ll have food tonight” Rose said happily

“Yeah. I better go and check on the huts that are being built. Hopefully we’ll have shelter tonight as well”

“See you later then?”

“Definitely”

I headed off towards the group of ponies building huts. Unicorns were telekinetically snapping branches off trees and levitating them towards the ground where the earth ponies leaned them against trees. Another group of unicorns were weaving the long grass into mats and rope. They placed the mats over the branches and tied them on to the lean-to with ropes. They had already made hundreds of little huts.

“Good job everypony!”

The ponies looked up from their work

“We are trying as hard as we can your majesty” One of the hut builders said.
“We should be finished very soon.”

“Brilliant! I better go see how the pegasi are doing with the clouds”

“Okay. We’ll get back to work now”

The ponies got back to work. I trotted over to a place where I could see the pegasus working on cloud houses, then I realized I had wings now, and could probably fly. I gave them a quick flap. Unfortunately I still wasn’t used to them, so I couldn’t move them much. I made a mental note to ask one of the Pegasus to teach me to fly. For now I would have make do with just asking how they were doing.
“How are the cloud houses coming along?” I shouted out to the pegasus.

“Excellently! Why don’t you come up and see?”

“I’m afraid I can’t fly yet. Maybe once you are finished with the houses you could ask a pegasus to teach me!”

“We’re just about finished now. I will come and teach you in a couple of minutes”

“Okay then. See you later!”