• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,608 Views, 466 Comments

DisQord Continuum 2: Friendship is Futile - ZoidbergIsBestPony



Can the U.S.S. Enterprise Save Equestria from a Fate worse than Death? What about the Universe?

  • ...
11
 466
 3,608

A Hands-On Interrogation

A Hands-On Interrogation

Bon-Bon awoke in her bed, yawning and stretching. It took her a moment to remember this was the day she was going to the beach together with Lyra. Giving an extra stretch and smiling, she hopped out of bed and went to wash up.

“Lyra – you better get up!” she called out to the adjacent bedroom. “We need to leave early. The beach gets crowded this time of year!”

She splashed some water over her face and studied her reflection in the mirror. She was eager to try out the new bathing suit she’d bought for the trip. It had candy pieces decorated across the fabric to accent her matching cutie mark.

“This ought to bring in a few looks from the colts,” she thought.

After putting it on, she realized she had yet to hear the stirrings of the anti-early bird.

“Lyra?” she called out again. “Are you up yet?”

She poked her head out into the hallway. and noticed that Lyra’s bedroom door was still shut.

“Lyra, come on! We have got to get going!”

She stood outside Lyra’s door, knocking. “Lyra, open up! …Lyra! …Lyra?”

She gently turned the doorknob and opened the door slowly. Peeking into the room, Bon-Bon quickly noticed the drawings plastered everywhere. Hands… more hands… still more hands…”

Bon-Bon shook her head. “Ever since those humans showed up a few years back…” she thought.

She opened the door fully, revealing an empty bed. Lyra wasn’t in the room.

“Maybe she went downstairs already?”

She headed down the steps towards the kitchen.

“Lyra, why didn’t you answer me?” she said as she reached the bottom of the steps. Unfortunately, she found herself talking to an empty kitchen.

“Where did she run off to? What about our beach trip?”

She looked down at her new bathing suit, disappointed.


“Have the memory probes taken effect yet?” Tomalak asked his subordinate.

“They should be working now,” he replied. “We will know once the images start feeding through.”

“Good. Let’s see what we can extract.”

The display came on with fuzzy shapes and images. After a few seconds, they sharpened into a clearer picture. They found themselves staring at a pair of human hands.

“What are we looking at?” the admiral asked.

“I’m not sure. I’ll try to get her to focus.”

Leaning over the sleeping Unicorn, the soldier asked, “What abilities does your species possess?”

Lyra frowned. Something was upsetting her. The display shifted to the image of her gazing down at her own hooves.

Tomalak grew impatient. “Can you move things with your mind?” he demanded.

Lyra smiled. The image showed her horn glowing as her hooves changed into mint green hands.

“What is this nonsense? Show me how you move objects with your mind!”

Tomalak’s face was close enough to Lyra’s to breathe on her. She coughed from his horrible breath as the image changed again to show the subject at a shop in a market. The shop appeared to be selling various nick-nacks and sculptures. She pointed one of them, a sculpture of two hands reaching up toward the sky.

The admiral jerked Lyra’s chair angrily. “This specimen is obviously defective. We’ll need to get another one.”

As the pony went to pay for the artwork, instead of reaching into her bag, its horn glowed again with the same aura. Several coins floated up from her bag, landing in the shopkeeper's open hoof.

“What about her horn, sir?” the other officer commented.

“What about it?”

“Did you notice how it glowed in the images every time she manipulated something?”

“And?”

“Well sir, couldn’t the ‘ability’ the Enterprise captain spoke of be related to that ‘aura’ that surrounded her horn each time?”

“Are you suggesting we’re somehow dealing with magical ponies that use their horns to change feet into hands and pull change from their purses?” he answered mockingly.

“Of course not sir, but it is possible that the horn can produce some form of energy that somehow manipulates matter.”

Tomalak rolled his eyes at that comment. “I’m going to humor your thought for the moment. You’re going to find out if this pony actually can perform ‘magic’. And if she cannot, you will be put into that device until you honestly believe you can fly and jump out the nearest air lock! Are we clear?”

The officer gulped. “I will be find the truth, sir; no more, no less.”

“That’s the most intelligent thing you’ve said to me all day – Get to work.”

“Yes sir!”


“Good Morning, Bon-Bon,” said Octavia, yawning softly. “Is there something I can help you with?”

“Morning,” Bon-Bon replied, minus the qualifier. So far, it had not been a good morning. “Have you seen Lyra anywhere? We were supposed to go to the beach together, but she seems to have run off somewhere.”

“I’m afraid I haven’t seen her this morning. Perhaps the other one might know…”

Bon-Bon noticed the dark red circles under Octavia’s eyes. She was probably kept awake again by her partner.

As if on queue, Vinyl Scratch popped up yelling, “WHAT UP EGGBEATAH!!!!?”

Octavia’s hooves were holding her ears, annoyed, until they suddenly switched to her backside. Very red-faced and angry, she shouted at Vinyl in a whisper. “Hooves! I’ve told you before!”

Bon-Bon pretended to see nothing. “Hey Vinyl. Have you seen Lyra today?”

“You looking for Minty-Mamma?” she replied.

Bon-Bon still had trouble translating everything Vinyl said. “Erm… yes… I think.

“Let me hook you up. Hold on…”

Vinyl ran off to the second floor of the house.

Bon-Bon was hopeful for a moment. Maybe Lyra spent the night hanging out with Vinyl. That thought quickly disappeared when she noticed the roof of the house opening. The entire roof was parting down the middle and spreading open like a cardboard box.

Octavia was still standing in the doorway, but could read the reaction on Bon-Bon’s face. “Oh, not again,” she sighed. She quickly grabbed two pairs of ear muffs and put one of them on. She handed the other to Bon-Bon. “You may want to put these on.”

“Why would I need…”

Her question was answered for her as a massive phonograph horn, nearly the size of the entire roof, emerged from within the house. She quickly put on her pair of ear muffs just before the world was drowned in Wubs.

Wub-Step vibrated across the town. Anyone who might have still been sleeping most definitely was not anymore. After an agonizing twenty seconds of ‘music’ blaring, Vinyl lowered the volume and spoke through the horn.

“Yo, what-up Ponyvillians! We gots a MIA out da house. You catch Minty-Momma Lyles around, be sure to tell the Bons! Peace out!”

The music finally stopped completely. When Octavia removed her ear protection, Bon-Bon assumed it was now safe to do so.

Vinyl popped back up at the front door. “She’ll get ya, no probs!”

“Erm… Thank you?” said Bon-Bon uncertainly.

Ocatavia added, “I’ll be sure to let you know if I see her.”

“Thank you.”

“Yo, Octo-moms! Let’s get out your fiddle and get in a duo round.”

Octavia’s grew beet red. “It’s not a fiddle…” she mumbled. Turning back to Bon-Bon she said, “Good luck in your search.”

“Thanks.”

Octavia closed the door. Walking away, Bon-Bon could hear strange sounds coming from behind the door.

Walking more quickly, she thought, “I don’t hear anything; I didn’t see anything; I see nothing…NOTHING!!!”

She glanced around the neighborhood, looking for anyone who might have an idea where Lyra could have run off to. She walked around town asking a few passersby, but nobody seemed to have seen her. Finally, she wandered across a mailbox that read, ‘Whooves’. She looked at the house, which was nothing more than a small blue box.

Realizing it was Dr. Whooves’s place, Bon-Bon figured he might have at least an idea where to look for Lyra.

She walked up to the tiny structure and knocked on the door. It took a few moments, and Bon-Bon could hear sounds like someone tripping over metal equipment in a rush. When he answered the door, he seemed out of breath.

“ ’Ello!” he said. “What can I do you for?”

Bon-Bon blushed slightly. She always did love his Trottingham accent.

“Yes, hi. Doctor, have you seen Lyra anywhere?”

“Oh is that was that Vinyl was going on about? I thought she was looking for Mint Chocolate Bon-Bons.”

“No. Lyra and I were supposed to go to the beach today, but she wasn’t home when I got up this morning.”

“Is that right? You don’t suppose she got caught up in a time vortex and got kidnapped by aliens made of plastic, do you?”

“What? No, of course not.”

“Pity.”

“Do you know where she could have gone?” she asked.

“Well, I suppose it’s possible she could have slipped into another dimension in her sleep. Does your tongue feel like it’s made of chocolate?”

“Um… no.”

“Again… pity.”

His accent wasn’t saving him from his outlandish behavior.

“Look, just tell me if you see her anywhere, okay?”

“Roger! I shall scan the timelines for you!”

He started to go back into his box.

Bon-Bon’s curiosity got the better of her. “Isn’t your home a bit small?” she asked.

“Oh it’s bigger on the inside! Allons-y!”

He closed the door.

“Well that was pointless,” she thought, rolling her eyes.

Bon-Bon turned around, trying to scout where she should search next. At once she heard a beyond-bizarre sound coming from right behind her. She froze in place. When she managed to move again, she carefully turned back around to see the source of such a frightening sound. She just managed to catch a glimpse of the blue box vanishing from sight.

“Today has been a very strange day, so far.”


Lyra slowly drifted back to consciousness.

“Where am I?” she said, dazed.

Looking around, she found herself sitting under a piercing white light surrounded by darkness. In the corner of the room she could just make out some small lights blinking behind a shadow. The shadow spoke.

“Welcome, pony,” it said.

The shadow slowly approached her, standing on two legs. As it stepped into the light, Lyra could make out the five digits attached to a palm. For a moment, Lyra got excited.

“Are you the humans?” she asked, hopeful. She hadn’t taken her eyes off of the stranger’s hands. It wasn’t until it was inches from her nose that the stranger’s face drew her attention away.

“Perish the thought!” he replied bitterly.

Now that Lyra could make out his face, she could see it most definitely was not the humans she met previously. From the pointy ears, to the ridges in its forehead, to the expression on its face, he did not seem very nice. “Maybe he's a human monster,” she thought.

“What do you want?” she asked, nervously. She tried to stand up but found her legs bound to a chair. “Let me go!” she demanded, growing more frightened.

“I will… once you show me your special talents.”

Lyra felt confused. “All this for a performance? Okay… I’ll need a lyre and some sheet music.”

The stranger seemed agitated. “Not those talents!” he yelled. “I want you to use the talents in your head!”

Again, Lyra looked quizzically back at the man. “Okay… la La LA lA la la laaaaa…” she sang.

“NOOO!!!” the man screamed angrily. “Show me your MAGIC!”

Lyra wasn’t sure why the man seemed to say ‘magic’ as though it were a bad word. “What would you like me to do?”

“Anything! Just do it!” he screamed.

Lyra shrugged. She thought for a minute, and got an idea. Her horn glowed with a mint green aura, just like her fur.”

“Yes! That’s it. Show me your talents.”

Lyra lifted up a piece of equipment from behind the man. She swung it around until it collided with his head. The man fell to the ground unconscious. Lyra quickly used her magic to teleport herself out of the constraints.

She was just about to leave the room when the door opened for her. Standing behind it was another one of those creatures. This one seemed much more intimidating than the first. He started to clap.

“Well done!” said Tomalak. “Well done, indeed.” He gestured his hand behind him and waved for several guards to fill the room. They quickly grabbed her.

“LET ME GO!!!” she screamed. She tried to teleport again. Her horn glowed and she closed her eyes for the jump.

*ZAP*

The pony collapsed to the floor unconscious again.

“Get her to the surgical wing,” Tomalak instructed the guards. “Inform the doctor we will need to extract this creature’s horn for further study.”

The guards bowed slightly before dragging the unconscious pony out of the room.

“Looks like they can do a lot more than just move objects around,” Tomalak noted with a hint of excitement under his breath.


Most of the day had already passed. The beach trip they had planned together was no longer possible. Bon-Bon had searched everywhere she could think of: the market, the spa, the bakery... She even asked the mayor, but it didn't help. Nobody had seen Lyra once that day.

Her last hope was Princess Twilight Sparkle, if she would see her. When Bon-Bon reached the library, a sign hanging in the window dismissed her last hope before she could even knock:

“The library is closed. I am currently performing my royal duties in Canterlot. Please see the mayor for any troubles you wish to resolve.”

“I just came from the mayor’s!” Bon-Bon thought bitterly.

That’s it then. Lyra wasn’t anywhere in town. Bon-Bon was now very concerned for her friend. She went to bed last night with Lyra in the room right next to hers. Had she left in the middle of the night? If so, why?

Bon-Bon wandered aimlessly until she found herself just outside Fluttershy’s cottage on the border of the Ever-Free forest. She wasn’t sure why she was there, but maybe she thought Fluttershy’s critters might cheer her up a bit. She grabbed some feed and let some of the animals eat out of her hooves. It cheered her up a little, but Celestia was retiring the Sun, Luna was raising the moon. Nighttime was drawing nearer, and Lyra was still nowhere to be found.

Out of the corner of her eye, a green light flashed near the forest. Bon-Bon looked over at the source, but it was already dark again. She tried to focus until she could just make out a small mint green shape...

“LYRA!!!!!” she screamed, racing over to her friend, who lay unconscious upon the ground.

The Unicorn was out cold, bundled into a ball. It wasn’t until Bon-Bon had lifted her up in her hooves that she noticed. She gasped loudly. Lyra’s horn was completely gone.

Lyra stirred back to consciousness.

“Wh-where am I?” she asked.

“It’s okay,” said Bon-Bon, still holding her in her hooves. “You’ll be okay.”

“What happened?

“That’s what I was going to ask you. Where did you run off to?”

“I-I don’t know. Last thing I remember was going to sleep in my bed.”

She reached up to rub her forehead, but Bon-Bon stopped her.

“Don’t!” she said sternly. “There’s something I need to tell you...”

Author's Note:


(It'll be okay... eventually... remember Angel...)

Time for Canon Balls!

The winner for last week is...me!

Sorry nobody else caught it and I threw one in because it was cool. :rainbowdetermined2:

Starship physics cannot have the ship flip vertically over itself the instant it exits warp (not quickly anyway)
If it did, the inertial dampeners would not be able to compensate before sending the crew flying across the ship, smashing into walls. But we'll just assume they were all wearing their seatbelts! :applejackconfused: