• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,608 Views, 466 Comments

DisQord Continuum 2: Friendship is Futile - ZoidbergIsBestPony



Can the U.S.S. Enterprise Save Equestria from a Fate worse than Death? What about the Universe?

  • ...
11
 466
 3,608

Cry Havoc, and Let Slip the Dogs of War! (Part I)

Cry Havoc, and Let Slip the Dogs of War! (Part I)

“Now!” Granny Smith yelled out.

Big Macintosh bit through the rope on the first trap. Two massive tree trunks swooped down from the treetops. They impacted straight together, crushing into one of the drones. Completely squished, the remnants of the drone collapsed to the ground sparking.

The other drone started forward in their direction.

“You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.” the Borg drone spoke.

“Well we’ll just have to see about that, you overgrown talkin’ garbage can!”

With a nod from Granny, Apple Bloom pulled the cord on her trap, sending a basket of eggs soaring high into the air. The Borg drone analyzed the incoming weapon and assessed the situation. Adjusting for the trajectory of the eggs, it side stepped out of their path. The eggs splattered harmlessly onto the ground, not a single egg hit the mechanized man.

“I told’ya it wasn’t going to work!” Apple Bloom huffed, upset her little trap didn’t do anything to help.

“Actually, young’n… it worked perfectly,” Granny replied.

The drone started forward toward them again. With a single step, the drone fell right through the floor into a pit that had been disguised with leaves and twigs.

Apple Bloom started over toward the pit to see the trapped drone, but was suddenly stopped by Granny’s hoof.

“Hold it there, young’n. You won’t want to see that. Trust me.”

“But I want to see him stuck down there!” she complained now that her trap had suddenly worked better than she thought it would.

“I’m afraid this isn’t your usual playful trap there, Apple Bloom. This creature won’t be stirring no more. Best let him rest in peace down there.”

Granny Smith winked at Big Mac who, looked at his work in the pit and flinched. The Borg drone lay splayed upon jagged spikes that Big Mac had set up earlier. Granny trusted Big Mac was old enough to handle the reality of war, but Apple Bloom was far too young for such a harsh lesson in life.

Big Mac gulped and looked back at Granny. He grimly nodded his head.

“Well…” Granny started, “now that that’s settled, let’s reset these traps and keep making–”

Another three Borg drones appeared

“I see they’re not going to give up so easily…” Granny Smith noted. “We’ll just have to prove that Apple Family Farm is not for sale!”


Swords were being parried by robotic arms. Spears snapped like twigs mid strike through the air. The Canterlot guard fought tooth and nail to make a dent in the drone lines, but they were simply endless. For every one drone that fell, ten more beamed down to take their place.

Despite Worf and Data’s warnings, every other minute, a BFG would be fired. Bright flashes of light would be followed by groups of drones exploding into pieces in bright flashes throughout the kingdom. Additional drones continued beaming down throughout the city; some right in the middle of crowds. The two Starfleet officers knew all too well that with the weapon being so readily used, it was only a matter of time before the Borg adapted.

Worf was out in the field, wielding his Bat’leth, targeting those drones attempting to assimilate civilians. Data stayed with Twilight Sparkle within the confines of the palace. With both princesses now gone, she was in control of Equestria. She would have given anything to not have been given this responsibility.

The security of the brick walls of the palace meant nothing to the Borg, who simply beamed directly inside in their attempts to assimilate the head of state to quickly terminate any meaningful resistance. Guards fought hoof to hoof when necessary, but kept there last leader safe.

“At this point,” Data started, “we should begin to consider possible alternatives in the situation.”

“I’m open to any ideas!” Twilight commented firing a beam of her own magic at the drones.

Rather than attacking individual drones, she settled for creating shields around them to obstruct them. The guards could still penetrate the shields and quickly stabbed at the trapped intruders.

“Since we have lost contact with the Enterprise, we need to assume that the Enterprise has been destroyed. I… I cannot think of any alternatives at present other than continuing to hold out as long as we can. My judgment is being affected by my emotion chip. It would be wise to deactivate it so I can process the steps required to ensure the survival of the species after the invasion has succeeded.”

Data looked perturbed. There was an argument being fought inside his head. That much, Twilight could see.

“How can you say 'after the invasion has succeeded'? And what do you mean ‘regrow the species’?”

“I have calculated our overall chances of survival at 0.389%. Our chances for the survival of the species increase to 4.697% if we can collect a sufficient number of genetically diverse subjects and hide them until the assimilation is over. After which we could attempt to rebuild the population. However, my judgement is currently in a conflicted state, preventing me from completing this alternative due to the hindrances of my emotion chip. I have been ordered to carry out the Equestrian leader’s orders, so that decision now falls to you. I would ask that you reconsider your predecessor’s decision to leave my emotion chip running during this crisis.”

There was an almost pleading in Data’s voice, though it was hard to tell from the straight face and even leveled tone of voice. But Twilight could see behind that. She would say it was through his eyes, but they were a still and steady as the rest of his android frame.

“What is your emotion chip telling you?” she asked softly but determined.

“It is difficult for me to comprehend the sensations of the emotion chip and associate words to them… but despite my analytical judgments, there is a part of me which says to hold out for the Enterprise… despite the odds.”

“Than that is exactly what we will do, Mr. Data,” said Twilight, smiling.

Data looked puzzled. “I do not understand. Why would you take the lowest probable solution to such a difficult and dangerous situation?”

“Mr. Data, what you described just then, was your gut. It is your body telling you what the mind cannot see. That is the spirit with which we base our most difficult decisions on. And my gut agrees with yours. We will hold out hope for Captain Picard and the Enterprise.”

“Yes, Ma’am.”


Worf stabbed his Bat’leth into his twelfth drone. Signs of fatigue started to appear on his face. If the status quo did not change soon, they would not be able to hold out indefinitely. His thoughts carried across the streets of the city, and before his eyes, he saw the status quo suddenly change.

Pony citizens had been assimilated. Implants were hastily spread across their bodies. With no alcoves on the ground, and no technology to construct them readily, their technological abilities were limited. There would be no ocular implants, no exo-plating armor, no utility arms. But they had something far more threatening. They had magic.

One of Red Guard charged at the assimilated ponies, infuriated at their loss. Before he could get within ten feet of them, one the assimilated unicorns fired a beam of magic at the guard. The beam shielded thousands of Borg nanoprobes which, upon impact, buried themselves within the guard’s body and started work on his assimilation.

Worf had witnessed the scene and realized the threat. “FALL BACK!!!” he shouted out to all who could hear. Unicorns out front! Shield anything that is fired at us!”

The Unicorns within the Red Guard formed ranks in front of the others. Several more nanoprobe-filled beams were fired off at them, but the guard’s own magical shields protected them. Worf failed to realize the second threat from assimilated ponies.

Borg Pegasi soared down from the sky. Their nanotubules extended in a quick stabbing into the guards' necks as they whizzed by. All around them the lines were falling.


“Get to the barn, quick!” Granny Smith ordered as she attempted to run at a snail’s pace.

Big Mac scooped her up onto his back, lifted Apple Bloom up by the scruff of her neck with his teeth, and galloped into the barn at a pace that could have won the Pony Derby Championship. Once inside, he set them down and closed the barn door. He could see six more drones heading in their direction.

“How many more traps did we have set up?” Granny asked, genuinely forgetting how many traps they had set up.”

“Just this last one, Granny,” said Big Mac.

“Didn’t we still have the Bad Guy Sling Shot?”

“Ah-Nope!” Big Mac shook his head. “We just sent that last one flying over the orchard with that.”

“We did? Oh, well I guess this one will have to do then. What was this one again?”

The barn door burst open. The drones’ laser sights peered across the darkness of the barn. They found the three ponies huddled in the back.

Apple Bloom shouted at the top of her lungs, “RATTLESNACK!!!!!”

“A Rattler!? Where?” Granny Smith jumped.

Immediately dozens of loud noises resounded across the barn.

“MOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!”

Forty cattle cried out in a panic from the outcry of a rattlesnake. They charged straight towards the only source of light: the barn doors. The stampede ran straight through the drone line, bowling over them without stopping. By the time the last straggling cow scattered through the opening, there was barely anything left of the six drones other than pieces buried in the dirt.

“I’d say that about does it!” Granny said smiling as she stepped out to admire her work.

“Do you think it’s over?” Apple Bloom asked, not too sure.

“If those good-fer-nothings got any brains at all they’d stop while their behind!”

They waited in silence for another wave to follow. They were out of traps. They would be defenseless. But after full minute had passed with no sign of further attack, they started to breathe again.

"Looks like they're rethinking their strategy before messing with us again!" Granny smiled, wiping the sweat from her brow. "Come. Let's get a move on. Best get those traps set back up and add a few more fer good measure!"

Big Mac and Apple Bloom nodded with confidence.


“Where am I?” Princess Luna spoke softly, slowly regaining consciousness.

“Welcome dear sister,” a familiar yet strange voice replied.

Luna opened her eyes and gazed around. From the strange background and peculiar noises being produced around her, she surmised she was inside the ship. Standing before her was Princess Celestia.

“Big Sister!” she cried happily, starting to get up off the floor. She was about to embrace her when she stopped in her tracks. This was not the sister she had grown up with.

“Tia?” she asked hesitantly, fearing the truth. “Is that you?”

“Yes it is, dear sister. I have taken control of our foe. We are now as one!”

“But these creatures are still attacking Equestria!” Luna cried. “You must make them stop!”

“They are not attacking Equestria.”

“They are not attacking?”

“No. They are joining with us so we may all become as one.”

Luna jerked back in reply. “If you were truly our sister, you would never allow such a thing to happen!”

“Dear Luna, you do not understand. None of you ever do. When we are all as one, all pain and suffering goes away. We all live as billions of voices united in one. Is that not the best possible thing we could ever do for our people?”

“Well… I-”

“Think of it Luna. Together we can bring the entire galaxy to peace and perfection.”

“Listen to her…” the voice in Luna’s head hissed. “Together we can all rule united. Think of the power at your hooftips…”

Luna shook her head. “Sister, you are betrayed. These things have poisoned your mind. You are not in control of them. They are in control of you!”

“Dear sweet Luna. Don’t you see? They have selected me as their new queen. You were technically right. I am no longer Princess Celestia of Equestria. I have evolved. I have reached ever closer to perfection. I am Queen Celestus of Borg, and you can stand at my side, Dysnominox of Borg!”

“Dysnominox?” Luna asked, thoroughly confused.

“I see you have regained certain powers you once held. It was wise to seek such power. You can use that power to aid me. Your new name shall reflect this power in your rebirth. Nightmare Moon reborn!”

“Why not listen to her?” the voice persisted. “She’s right, with my power to aid you and control of these creatures, you would be more powerful than her. You could take control. You could usurp her power and become Queen!”

Luna’s lips were quivering. Her brain was in overload. On one side, if she didn’t accept she’d likely be made into just another one of those horrid things. If she did accept, the voice was partially right, she could use her powers to defeat her sister, restore her and rid Equestria of the creatures once and for all! But all that power could do so much more good. She could keep the power. She could take control and bring peace to her world and the galaxy. She could succeed Nightmare Moon. She would become Queen Dysnominox of Borg, ruler of the Galaxy!

Luna’s eyes flashed white. A small sound, like the breaking of glass could be heard by none but her. The protective spell had shattered. Nightmare Moon had been reborn.

“We will accept this role, dear sister and we will aid you to bring this chaotic universe to peace and under OUR rule!”

“Wonderful, dear sister! You have seen the path towards perfection. Come to us and embrace your destiny!”
Nightmare Moon started forward towards her sister’s welcoming hooves.

“NOOOOOOOO!!!!!” a Borg drone suddenly screamed, running straight towards Luna.

Author's Note:

5 points and a Gold Star to the first reader who get's the reference in the title (and I don't mean the Shakespeare reference). Hint: It's from a previous generation's movie. :trollestia: