• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 1,992 Views, 49 Comments

Life and Death - Timstro59



After a strange day at work, a brony finds himself in Equestria. He has to find out who brought him here and for what reason.

  • ...
14
 49
 1,992

Chapter 6

Twilight asked Tim “Are you sure?” he nodded; “positive.” He then smiled at her, and she smiled back. Applejack returned with a couple of apples and with Apple Bloom. Who ran over and wrapped Tim in a hug. Tim, surprised, asked “What’s that for?” Apple Bloom replied “Ya gave me my life back.” Applejack looked at Twilight and said “We jus’ got word that Sweetie bell an’ Scootaloo were brought back as well.” Applejack then looked at Tim “Ya done a lot a ponies good by doin’ what ya did.” Tim smiled and said “I actually don’t know what I did. I blacked out shortly after reading the gravestone.” Applejack just smiled and said “”Ah thank ya all tha same.” Twilight and Tim took the apples and ate them, it doing Tim good for getting his strength back. He managed to be able to stand up. Twilight said “let’s get you back to the library before you do anything else.” Tim simply nodded in agreement.

As Tim and Twilight headed towards the library it started to get dark and Tim noticed Rainbow Dash fly overhead, he asked Twilight, “Where’s she going?” she replied “Mares club, probably going to meet up with Scratch. Oh and I noticed you left your book out this morning.” Tim looked at Twilight with a bit a confusion, “What book?” Twilight laughed “The art of transfiguration. You had it open to gender swapping. That’s a highly, highly advanced spell. I wouldn’t even bother attempting it myself, as its way over my level.” Tim replied “You’d be surprised what you can do when you stop trying to do something it and just do it.” It was Twilights turn to look confused, “What do you mean?” Tim replied “In my experience, the more you try to do something, the more likely you are to fail. But if you don’t force it to happen and just let it, it will work for you. Anyway I didn’t find the spell too difficult.”

Twilights jaw dropped slightly, “Are you serious?” Tim responded, “Yeah, I didn’t want you to freak out when you woke up and saw a strange mare lying on your couch, so I performed the spell again about 15 minutes later.” Twilight asked Tim, “and you did all that last night?” he replied “yeah, what’s so hard to believe about that?” Twilight just shook her head, “You haven’t been doing much magic for long have you?” he replied, “Does it really show?” She said “I can’t believe it, at your level of magical strength you could easily be among the strongest out there, but your attitudes like that of a colt.” Tim tried to shift the conversation to a different subject, “sooo, Do you have any books on defensive spells?” Twilight asked “Why do you want to know?” Tim just replied “I’d like to study as much as possible.” Her face started to glow and she excitedly said “I can help you with that.”

It was then that Pinkie pie showed up again, “Your party’s tomorrow. Don’t be late.”*poof*and she disappeared. Tim asked “How often does she do that?” Twilight replied “quite often.” Tim just shook his head, “How does she ever get anything done?” Twilight responded with a smile and a laugh, “It’s just Pinkie Pie, I stopped trying to understand her years ago.” Tim just laughed, then asked Twilight “sooo, you want me to show you that gender swap spell?” She replied, “Sure, It’d definitely be interesting.” Tim shyly replied, “Let’s get back to the library first.” Twilight nodded, “That would be a good idea.”

They arrived at the library shortly after, and Tim had gone to the center of the room, while Twilight remained on the edge, to demonstrate the gender-swap spell. He cleared his mind, the best he could, and while gathering strength from within, he played out the spell in his head, then cast it onto him-self just as the magic surged forth, completing the spell in a flash of light, leaving “Tina” standing in the middle of the room. Twilights jaw practically dropped to the floor. Tina said “That spell really gives me a headache.” She began to rub her head with a forehoof. Twilight, still in shock, just squeaked. Tina looked up at Twilight and giggled, then walked over and pushed Twilights jaw up, back into place, waking her from her shock. Twilight asked “How’d you do that?” Tina replied, “I just did it.” Twilight asked Tina, confused “What do you mean?” She replied “Don’t try to be great, just be who you are and let history make its own decision.”

Twilight just gaped at the light-blue Alicorn mare giving her advice. Tina replied “you seem rather shocked, one more word of wisdom, Knowledge is something that can be taught, but wisdom is something you are born with. I’ll let you think about it for a while I go get some sleep. Good night Twilight.” Twilight snapped out of her trance, “Oh, good night.” Twilights face then twisted to that of confusion, “Aren’t you going to change back?” Tina replied, “I’m too tired, besides I’d like to see the look on your friends’ faces.” Twilight laughed and said “That’ll be priceless.” Tina then left the room to go get some sleep.

Twilight remained up for a few more hours, studying up on magical energy conservation techniques, hoping that it reduce the amount of magical energy wasted in energy fallout, and increase the level of spells she could perform. She then located a book with a picture of Dashing Light on the cover, she had never seen this particular volume in her library before and was subsequently very interested in it, she looked at the spine of the book for a title and was surprised when she couldn’t find one. “Interesting,” She thought out loud” a book without a title and with a picture of Dashing Light on the cover.” She opened it up to the table of contents, only to find out that there wasn’t one. “Again very interesting” She thought. Opening up to page one she then realized what this book was. It was a book containing prophecy, encoded a language never before seen by the eyes of ponykind, or by the eyes of anykind as it would turn out, as the code was developed by Tim or Dashing light himself.

She left the book out on the desk, she figured nopony will bother it. She locked up for the night and made sure everything was in shape before climbing up the stairs to her bedroom, she noticed as she passed by the door to the living area, that Tina was fast asleep, Twilight couldn’t help but let out a small smile. She then went up to her own room, closing the door as she went in. She climbed into bed, her thoughts cloudy with her studies and of the revelation that Tim had confronted her with at Sweet apple acres. Was she really in love? Or was it an elaborate lie, created to get close to her? Thoughts raced in her mind. She then felt a calm sweep over her body as she became aware of a presence, she couldn’t see the presence, as it was 3 A.M. She had found herself relaxing, coming closer and closer to sleep, and then she heard a voice in her head as she drifted to sleep, “Good Night Twilight Sparkle.”