• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 1,991 Views, 49 Comments

Life and Death - Timstro59



After a strange day at work, a brony finds himself in Equestria. He has to find out who brought him here and for what reason.

  • ...
14
 49
 1,991

Chapter 3

As Tim, a young blue alicorn and Spike, a green and purple baby dragon walked down the stairs to the main library area, Tim asked Spike “Where would you keep sleeping spells?” He replied “Why do you want to know?” Tim then said “Sometimes a spell is put in to allow those who need to, able to wake up others who have been affected.” Spike thought about for a moment, and then said “Makes sense to me.” Tim then thought. “hmmm I wonder.” Once they got down to the main area Tim said to Spike. “I need to try something.” Spike started to ask “What?” but before he could ask Tim had walked into the center and unfolded his wings. Spike asked Tim “What are you doing?” He replied “I have no idea.” Tim started to put his wings through their motions, making sure that everything was alright and then he started to flap them and yelped slightly as they had easily lifted him up off the floor and held him aloft. Spike again asked “What are you doing?” Tim replied with a bit of surprise in his voice “I’m flying”.

Applejack had laid her head on a pillow she had grabbed from a nearby pile and had started to rest when Twilight woke up with a shout. Applejack jumped and nearly hit her head on the ceiling, slamming back into ground with her head landing on the pillow. Twilight then looked at her friend. “What happened?” she asked. Applejack replied, “’Ah haven’t a clue, you locked up when you looked at that young alicorn.” Twilight then blushed rather deeply making her coat look red. She then asked “Where is he now?” Applejack replied “He’s downstairs with Spike looking up a memory restoration spell.”

Tim said to Spike “I’ll be fine, I’m not going to go far.” Spike responding “well ok, but don’t stay out too long.” Tim responded “You sound like my parents.” Before running out the door and flying off into the sky. Tim felt extremely relaxed and he let his worries melt away as he flew through the sky, he started going higher and higher until he started to have trouble breathing, then he dropped a bit until breathing became easier. Maintaining altitude, he felt the most joy and happiness he had ever felt, and he thought to himself “Flying is just as fun as I thought it would be.” Tim started to feel a few tears crawl out of his eyes, he didn’t care. He just wanted the moment to last as long as possible. He then thought “I wonder what my motion trail is.” He put himself into a steep dive, nearly knocking a sleeping rainbow-maned Pegasus off her cloud. He could feel the speed behind him, and he loved every second of it, the wind passing through his hair and his tail, the feeling of pure freedom, he took a moment to look back, and he saw that his motion trail manifests as a beam of pure light. He then knew what his new name would be, Dashing Light.

He pulled himself out of the dive and flew back over to the library where Twilight and Applejack were standing outside, looking for him. Tim waved at them, and he saw Applejack wave back. He then flew over to them and landed, his legs still a bit wobbly from the experience. Tim tried to steady himself, failing at it he just laughed. Applejack asked him, “What are you so happy about?” He replied, “I know my name.” Twilight looked at Applejack and then back at Tim, then she asked “What’s your name? Tim replied “My name is Dashing light.” Applejack responded, “Mighty appropriate, given that your…..trail is a beam of light.” It was then that Rainbow Dash showed up, “Hey, you almost knocked me out of my cloud.” Applejack and Twilight looked at Tim, or Dashing Light, and he just blushed. Twilight said “calm down Rainbow, he was just having a bit of fun”. It was then that Tim noticed a flash of Pink coming from nearby. “Did any of you see that?” Applejack asked “See wha…….” everyone jumped as a Pink Earth pony suddenly appeared in the middle of them, Tim landing on his back. The Pink pony asked “Your new here aren’t you…..oooohhhhhhh, this will be so much fun, *gasp* so much planning, I’ll see you there.” *poof* the pink pony disappeared as quickly as she appeared. Tim asked “Did I just get hit by a train?” Rainbow rubbed her head, “A party train.”

Twilight helped Tim get back onto his hooves, “So, Anypony want to explain what just happened?” Applejack explained, “That was Pinkie Pie, she’s a party animal, She just loves to party, planning one for purty much any occasion. And it seems that she’s throwing you a welcoming party.” Tim responded “That didn’t take long., though I might not be able to stay in town very long, being that I have no bits to my name and no home.” Twilight then spoke out saying “You can stay at the library with me.” Rainbow asked “What’s that look in your eyes Twilight?” Twilight then realized she had been staring at Tim, or Dashing Light, since he landed. She blushed deeply again. “Oh, nothing.” Applejack said sarcastically “Nothin’ mah hoof, If ‘Ah didn’t know better ‘ah’d say you like him.” This time Tim blushed as well as Twilight.

Applejack then asked Rainbow “Can you go introduce Dashing light to Fluttershy?” She replied, “Sure, not a problem.” She turned to Tim and asked “Can you keep up?” Tim Replied “You’re on.” They both lined up in the air and bolted towards Fluttershys house, Rainbow in front, but Tim found it easy to match Rainbows speed, he then shouted, “Is that your fastest?” she replied “no way”, then she doubled her speed, mach cone forming in front of her, she maintained that speed, thinking nopony can keep up with her at this speed. She then felt something pass her by, she stopped suddenly as Tim not only passed her, but had broken the sound barrier in what appeared to be a sonic lightboom. Similar to Rainbows sonic rainboom, but made up of pure light, nearly blinding everypony who happened to be looking in that direction. Rainbow rubbed her eyes with one of her front legs hoping that would clear her sight much faster, she could then see Tim flying back to her. He asked “Something wrong?” Rainbow, still somewhat in shock, shouted “do you realize what you’ve done?” Tim thinking that he’d done something wrong asked “What’d I do?” Rainbow, then smiled and said, “You broke my speed record. Come on we should get to Fluttershys.” Tim nodded in agreement.