• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 1,991 Views, 49 Comments

Life and Death - Timstro59



After a strange day at work, a brony finds himself in Equestria. He has to find out who brought him here and for what reason.

  • ...
14
 49
 1,991

Chapter 4

As they arrived at Fluttershys house, the two flying ponies started their descent and landed just outside of her fence. Rainbow said “I’ll go find her”, Tim simply replied “go ahead.” Rainbow went up to the door and knocked on it a few times, then a small bunny opened the door. Tim immediately recognized it as Angel. Rainbow asked “Have you seen Fluttershy, Angel?” The bunny pointed at the backyard. Rainbow thanked the bunny and it closed the door. Rainbow then said to Tim, “come with me.” Tim followed her to the backyard and saw Fluttershy lying down in the grass with another mare, that he recognized as the showmare Trixie, he then realized they were cuddling. Rainbow said “Hey Fluttershy, There’s a new pony in town.” Fluttershy looked up and looked at Tim, and shrunk back a little, emitting a sound that sounded a bit like a cross between a whine and a squeak.

Trixie then looked up at Tim then back to Fluttershy, the look seemed to give her some strength, as she got up off the ground, walked over to Tim she said “hello, I, um, am, um, my name is Fluttershy.” Tim smiled at her, the gesture seemed to reassure her as she appeared to become more comfortable standing nearby. Tim then asked, “Who’s this beautiful young unicorn you were lying next to”, obviously referring to Trixie, who was blushing. Fluttershy replied, “Her, um, name is, um, Trixie.” Trixie got up and said to Tim, “You’re quite the charmer aren’t you?” He replied with a blush, “I’m just trying to be friendly.” Trixie responded with a giggle, “You’re doing a good job at it, what’s your name?” Tim replied, “My name is Dashing Light.”

After staying and talking with Fluttershy and Trixie for a while, Tim and Rainbow started back for the library, not racing this time. Tim asked Rainbow “You know of a pony named Vinyl Scratch?” she replied, “Yeah, I know her, why do you ask?” Tim responded, “No reason, just curious.” Tim started to let his thoughts wander for a moment, when suddenly a yelp of pain from Rainbow snapped him back to reality. He asked “What happened?” she said, “Take a look.” He looked and saw her flank was singed, her coat slightly burned exposing skin underneath, which also looked somewhat burned. Tim said with a cringe, “That looks like it hurts.” Realizing what had happened, he said out loud, “note to self, learn to control magic to a greater degree.”

They arrived back at the library, Tim had just landed when Pinkie popped up again, she asked, “What’s your name?” Tim replied “Dashing Light” Pinkie then bounced saying “Thanks!”, then disappeared as quickly as she appeared. Rainbow landed, and then asked Tim, “She planning a party?” he replied “yep.” Tim entered the library and saw that Twilight was sitting at a desk reading a particularly large book. He then began to look around at the books in the library, He magically pulled out a particularly interesting volume, with the title “The art of transfiguration”, and he opened with magic, flipping to the table of contents and noticed that chapter 42 was labeled “creation and purpose of life”, he chuckled slightly at that. He continued to look at the table of contents and he noticed that chapter 86 was labeled
“Gender Swapping” Feeling strangely interested, he opened to the chapter.

He read the spell and was committing it to memory when he heard a loud thunk. He looked up from the book to find that a few hours had passed and Twilight had just passed out studying. He just laughed and went back to committing the gender swap spell to memory. He spent the next hour making sure he had the spell perfectly memorized. He then stood in the middle of the room, cleared his mind of all distractions and stray thoughts as best he could, he mentally reached into himself, feeling the magic within him, pulling it to the surface and a surge of power came forth, ready to power the spell. He let the spell play out in his mind, then cast the spell on himself. He felt a massive strain on his body as the magic struggled to perform the spell, and then the magic surge kicked in, completing the spell quite easily. Tim then looked in a mirror to find that he had changed from a young stallion to a young mare. Tim knew that “she” would have to do the spell again to change back, so “she” did and Tim changed back into the young stallion. He decided that would be enough for today, as it was close to midnight, So Tim went upstairs grabbed a pillow and locked up for the night, put Twilight into her bed using a basic levitation spell, he went down into the living room and laid on the couch, thinking through the day. He thought “I wonder if Rainbow and Vinyl ever got together in this world. I’ll look around town tomorrow and see if I can find her.” He then rested his head on the pillow, and fell asleep.

Tim realized that he couldn’t fall asleep that easily and got up off the couch and went to check on Twilight, he got to her bedroom door, pushed it open quietly and noticed she wasn’t in there, even Spike was gone. Tim decided to check the basement, thinking that they were in there. They weren’t, instead what he found was an alicorn with a coat as black as night. Knowing that he can’t really keep secrets from her, acknowledged her. “Princess Luna. I honestly can’t say I’m surprised.” She said, “I know who you really are, I know you were the cause of my sisters distress. I don’t know why you’re here but I WILL find out.” Tim said, “I don’t even know why I’m here, I was brought here by some glowing alicorn being that was surrounded by light.” Luna seemed caught by this info. “What did it tell you?” Tim replied “basically, welcome to your new home, find your new name, find who you are and fulfill your true destiny.” Luna then asked “Anything else?” Tim thought for a moment and said “The figure told me to go straight to the library, talk to Twilight, that she could help me, and then the figure laughed and said that she was about the same age as me.” Luna looked a bit confused about the last part, then blushed slightly as she realized what he meant. Luna asked again “Anything else?” Tim replied, “Nothing else, if memory serves” Luna then nodded her head and said “Thank you for your help, good night.” Tim was about to say something then he slipped from the world of conscious thought.