• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 8,627 Views, 515 Comments

Discord Did It - DarkMasterofCupcakes



A year after his defeat, Discord gets revenge on the girls, in an odd way.

  • ...
22
 515
 8,627

Chapter 2

(Regular POV)

-Ponyville-

"I told you we should have just gone to the doctors" Rainbow Dash told Twilight as the seven of them (the six ponies, plus Spike) walked through town. They were heading to said doctors, actually.

"Well, you can't really blame her for coming to that conclusion. She doesn't know us that well and our symptoms do match those of…pregnancy" the purple unicorn said, hesitating before saying the last word.

It seemed her hesitation was needed, as the moment she said that word, everyone became oddly quiet.

It was a truth that none of them could deny, but no-pony wanted to admit it.

Based solely on the symptoms, the mares could easily believe that they could be pregnant. But, that was impossible. None of them had been with any stallions, ever.

So, there had to be something else wrong with them-some illness that just happened to have the same symptoms as pregnancy.

Though, if they did have some rare illness, they would have a lot more problems to deal with.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Ponyville Medical-

Nurse Redheart ushered the six ponies into the room where the doctor was waiting for them, leaving Spike in a play-area with a couple few young colts and their "sitter", much to the baby dragon's chagrin.

The room wasn't very large, so there wasn't a lot of room to stand. Thankfully, the floor was covered with carpeted mats…for some reason, so the girls decided to rest for a few moments before the doctor came in to diagnose them. It was quiet.

A crunching noise broke the silence.

"Pinkie Pie, are you eating a tongue depressor?" Rarity questioned, staring at the pink earth pony as though believing she had lost her mind completely.

Pinkie spat out the half-eaten wooden tongue depressor that was in her mouth and shook her head before returning to the mat she had previously been lying on.

Moments after she sat down, two doctors, an earth pony with a blue-grey coat, a dark grey mane, glasses, and a syringe for a cute mark, the other a black unicorn with green eyes, a white mane, and a cutie mark of what seemed to be the outline of an unborn foal.

"Now, ladies" began the earth pony, "how far along are you?"

Immediately the six mares began to deny that there were pregnant, stating they had actually come to the clinic because Zecora had told them they were expecting foals, something that they knew was impossible.

The doctor chuckled slightly before speaking again.

"I'm sorry, and I mean no offense, but it really is obvious," he told them apologetically.

Almost immediately, Applejack was on her feet.

"Well, no offense to you, but I ain't believin' what you're saying without any proof" she informed the doctor (named Dr. Needles if his nametag was to be believed), who simply smiled and turned his head to the unicorn.

He didn't speak, but the unicorn doctor nodded as though he had.

The black unicorn nodded, and then walked over to Pinkie Pie, who seemed to barely notice him coming towards her.

Silently, he tilted his head towards her swollen stomach, his now glowing horn just barely touching her skin. Pinkie giggled; apparently the magic was tickling her, somehow.

Suddenly, what appeared to be a three-dimensional hologram of an earth pony fetus appeared a few inches away from Pinkie's stomach. The unborn foal appeared to be attempting to suck on something thin and flat.

"Hey, that's the tongue depressor I ate earlier!" Pinkie exclaimed.

The other five sat in stunned silence while Pinkie continued to babble on, even after the doctor moved away from her and the image vanished. One by one, he went to the five other mares, using the same spell on each of them. And, sure enough, the same image appeared each time, with the only changes being that the images for Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had small nubs where the wings would be on a fully-developed pegasus.

He finished and returned to his place beside Dr. Needles.

"Thank you for your assistance, Dr. Phantom" Dr. Needles said, dismissing the other doctor.

Dr. Phantom nodded and left the room.

It was silent for several moments before Dr. Needles handed each of the girls a small cloth bag containing what he said were some vitamins they would need to take over the course of their pregnancies.

"I'm honestly amazed none of you realized it. I mean, by twelve weeks, an expectant mare can usually tell she's due to have a foal" he said in a tone that sounded somewhat confused.

No-pony responded. Assumedly they were still in shock from the news they had just received.

Deciding it would be best to let them deal with the life-changing news in the comfort of their own homes, he instructed them to leave, saying he would schedule appointments for them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Twilight's POV)

-Twilight's Library-

Spike went to bed hours ago.

I really should be asleep, myself. It's already past midnight and I'm still wide awake.

I…can't believe it. I don't want to believe it. But, I have to. I saw it with my own eyes. My friends saw it, too, so it couldn't have just been my eyes playing tricks on me.

I've been up for hours trying to figure out how it could be possible.

I know I haven't been mounted by any stallions, so how am I pregnant?

I've looked through so many books. I'm on my seventy-eighth one and I'm still not any closer. I'm tired.

What day is it? I use my magic to bring my calendar over to me.

It's Tuesday.

The day I used to send my friendship reports to Princess Celestia, before she changed the rules.

Princess Celestia…Should I tell her?

No…No, I can't. Not now.

How would I even tell her?

Besides, it's not like she would believe it. I can't even believe it.

And, even if she did, she wouldn't believe me.

She wouldn't believe that I had gotten pregnant without the help of a stallion.

She would be so disappointed.

I can't handle that.

I'll just go to bed. Try and get some sleep.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Pinkie Pie's POV)

-Pinkie's Loft, Sugar Cube Corner-

Well, it's not all the sweets that are making me fat. It's just a baby.

That's good.

I don't want to get too fat from sweets, but sweets never make me fat, so that's not a problem. I can even eat more sweets, if I want them!

I'll still get fat. That's okay.

It's the baby making me fat, not the sweets.

Baby wants the sweets.

Baby can't get the sweets himself, or herself, or whatever-they-are-self.

I gotta eat the sweets so Baby can have them.

I love making other ponies happy. If Baby needs sweets to be happy, I'm gonna give Baby sweets.

Besides, I like how they taste, too.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Fluttershy's POV)

-Fluttershy's Cottage-

I'm having a baby. I'm actually having a baby.

I'm so happy.

I know I should be worried about how I'm going to do this on my own. I know I should be wondering how I got pregnant when I've never been with a stallion. But, I'm not worried and I'm not too concerned with how this happened.

I love babies, both baby animals and baby ponies.

I had always hoped to be a mother someday, ever since I was a filly. But, I'm too shy.

I've never been able to talk to a stallion without beginning to shake because of my nerves less than halfway through the conversation. If a stallion ever mounted me, I would probably pass out. I had figured that this meant I would never be able to have a baby of my own.

Now I'm pregnant.

My foal is healthy. I don't know where he or she came from, but it doesn't matter. As long as the foal is healthy, I'm happy.

I'll do whatever I have to do keep them strong and healthy. I already eat healthy, so that won't be a problem.

I haven't told Angel yet.

He has a bit of a cold, so he's been very tired today. If he feels better, I'll tell him tomorrow.

He's been so worried about me since my symptoms began to show.

He must have thought something was horribly wrong with me. He'll be so happy to hear that there's nothing wrong with me.

I can't wait to share the good news with him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Rarity's POV)

-Carousel Boutique-

I have to contact Rose and tell her I cannot attend the party that she and her cousins invited me to.

I don't know how I'll explain my sudden cancellation.

Maybe I'll just say that I don't feel well. It is true, after all.

I don't know what I'll do with the dress I had made, however.

It was designed specifically for this party, and there was no way I would be able to fit into it, even if I was to attend the party.

Maybe I'll send it to Rose or Lily. It would look lovely on either of them. I would consider sending it to Daisy, but it would clash too much with her hair.

But, that's nothing I have to decide this instant. I have much more pressing matters to attend to.

I use my magic to bring a small box of sugar cubes to my side, along with a small bowl of rose petal soup. I drop at least a dozen sugar cubes into the soup before beginning to eat. It tastes horrible. I hate the way it tastes. But, I can't stop eating it. Is this what it's like to have a craving? Am I going to spend the time left before I give birth with the desire to eat things that I would normally avoid putting anywhere near my mouth?

Well, I suppose it could be worse. I could want to eat wood and paper like Pinkie Pie.

I also don't have to worry about my business failing as my stomach grows.

Yes, trying to design the perfect dress for some-pony can be stressful, but creating a dress is far from strenuous. So, I'll still be able to make money, which is important.

Now, I know money isn't everything, but I do need to make sure I can purchase food and keep a roof over my head. Especially now.

I lift my head and look around the room. Nothing is where it was this morning. Why did I move all the furniture around? Everything had been perfectly organized before.

I'll have to wake up bright and early in order to reorganize everything again.

Maybe I'll just do the reorganization now.

I doubt I'll be getting any sleep tonight, no matter what I do.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Applejack's POV)

-Sweet Apple Acres-

Well, guess I can't really deny it. Hard to deny that something exist when you actually see it.

Guess I always sorta knew.

Suppose it's part of holding the element of honesty. I can't lie, even to myself.

This isn't so bad, really.

Least I have my family to help out.

Well, Granny Smith is getting a might too old to be chasing a foal around, but Big Mac and Apple Bloom will help me. I know it.

First I gotta tell 'em, though. I'm gonna tell 'em, soon.

Just not tonight.

Still gotta get used to the idea myself.

Maybe tomorrow, if I'm ready.

If they ask what's wrong with me, I'll tell them.

Even if I'm not totally ready, I'll tell them. I can't lie, not to my family, about something like this.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Rainbow Dash's POV)

-Rainbow Dash's Cloud-

What am I supposed to do with a foal? I don't even like kids, really.

I don't have any problems with them, but it's not like I'd want to spend a day babysitting. Now I'm going to be stuck babysitting for years.

The thing's not even going to be able to fly until it's already been to school.

I'm going to have to carry it whenever I go to Ponyville and back.

Not like I'm scared.

I've taken care of Scootaloo for a week before. I'm still not entirely sure how she convinced me to let her spend the week at my house…Doesn't matter, though.

That filly is one of the most wild fillies I've seen since, well, I was a filly.

She's calmed down since she and the other Cutie Mark Crusaders finally earned their cutie marks, but she's still pretty wild. I would know.

Ever since she started really flying (she's still not great at it, but I'm not gonna tell her that), she's been spending even more time with me. No idea why she doesn't want to go home.

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh, right.

If I can handle Scootaloo, a foal isn't going to be any problem at all. I can handle this.

Wish I didn't have to, but I can.