• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 1,225 Views, 48 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Surprise - BrianPony



Pinkie Pie wakes up to the sound of a magic alarm clock she received six months ago. She''s in store for quite a surprise

  • ...
0
 48
 1,225

The Scavenger Hunt Begins

The scavenger hunters trotted through the fields just outside town. It was a perfect day. The air was fresh and sweet with the aroma of flowers. The sun shone brightly in the sky but it wasn't too hot. Soon they trotted past the school and then the wooden building Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo use as a clubhouse. Further down the road, Sweet Apple Acres appeared on the horizon. As they approached the front gate, a red earth pony met them.

"Hey Big Mac!" said Apple Bloom. "We're wonderin' if Applejack is home?"

"Nope." replied Mac. "Errands in town." He was a pony of few words.

"Well, we're on a special super-dupe scavenger hunt and we gotta run all over the place to find a bunch of stuff so I can solve the mystery of the alarm clock which exploded into a mess of streamers and confetti this morning and..." Pinkie continued to ramble on excitedly until Spike put a claw to her mouth. The drake decided that he needed to do the talking or they would be at the farm all day.

"What we're trying to ask is we are in need of a shiny red apple. I'll give you two bits for one." Big Mac considered the offer for a moment.

"Eee-yup" the red earth pony replied. He took an apple from the basket on his back and gave it to Apple Bloom.. Spike laid the money on a nearby haystack. The group then thanked Big Mac and turned to go. The sun was almost directly overhead and they still needed to get to Fluttershy's cottage before stopping for lunch.

As the group trotted along, the rows of apple trees gave way to rolling hills. They passed the clubhouse and school again. "Ding! Ding! Ding!" The hunters stopped and scratched their heads. School was not in session so it brought up questions about why would the bell ring. No pony could figure out an answer and there was not time to investigate. They had to move on. Thankfully they did not have to go all the way to Fluttershy's cottage before they saw her.

"Hello Fluttershy" said Pinkie.

"Um, hello there everyone" Fluittershy said softly. "Where's everyone going on this fine day?"

"We're on a scavenger hunt!" the Cutie Mark Crusaders said altogether.

"Yeah there was this alarm clock and..." she stopped and literally zipped her mouth shut when she saw Spike hold up one of his claws.

"Um, can I help in anyway?" said the shy yellow Pegasus. Spike nodded.

"We're in need of a bluebird's feather. Do you know where we can find one?"

"Of course." she said with a calm sigh. "I was just tending to a bluebird this morning when the poor dear lost one of her feathers. She flew away before I could return it. It's in my saddlebag. Let me get it for you." She carefully opened her saddlebag, her hoof came out of the bag with the feather. She handed the feather to Spike. The baby dragon put it in the picnic basket.

" Oh, there's one more thing. We need a bottle of rainbow water from Cloudsdale. Do you have any ideas on how we can get up there , Fluttershy?" asked Spike.

"Um, let me think." she said. The Pegasus pony thought for a minute. "You could always go up in the balloon. I bet Scootaloo could walk on the clouds towards the pool." The young filly gulped.

"Thank you, Fluttershy. You've been a great big help." Pinkie exclaimed. "We're just about to have a picnic. You want some yummy goodies?"

"Oh. I'm very sorry." Fluttershy squeaked. "I have lots of animals to tend to this afternoon. Thanks for asking and um Happy Birthday!" The Pegasus hugged her pink friend.

"Y'know that's one of the best gifts you can get" Pinkie looked at her friends. "Birthdays mean havingt fun with friends, not getting lots of stuff. Thanks Fluttershy."

"You're very welcome. I, um gotta be going now. Enjoy your picnic and good luck on the scavenger hunt." Fluttershy waved to her friends and walked away.

"This here looks like a fine place to eat" remarked Apple Bloom. Everypony agreed with her. Spike opened up his picnic basket, unfurled a blanket, and took out the food. There were sandwiches, hay fries, a fruit salad, and apple juice to drink. Pinkie Pie took out a container of cookies, cupcakes, and the leftover gems and placed them on the blanket. Everypony sat down and enjoyed a lovely picnic. While they ate, the group discussed their next move. The decided to go up to Cloudsdale next.

Halfway through their meal, they were stunned silent when a swarm of butterflies flew towards town in a spectacular rainbow pattern from the Everfree forest and into the sky. "Wow!" everypony gasped. Afterwards they finished their picnic. they needed to get to Cloudsdale and had only 3 hours left to finish their hunt. .