• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 1,222 Views, 48 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Surprise - BrianPony



Pinkie Pie wakes up to the sound of a magic alarm clock she received six months ago. She''s in store for quite a surprise

  • ...
0
 48
 1,222

Rainbow Water

The scavenger hunters had just finished their lunch. With full stomachs, they galloped for two miles. There was not much time to lose. Soon, they approached the tallest hill on the outskirts of town. Sitting on the top of the hill was a bright purple hot air balloon. Spike remembered it as the mode of transportation he and Twilight had used to travel down to Ponyville, from Canterlot a few years ago. Now the hunters were getting ready to climb in and fly to Cloudsdale to get a bottle of rainbow water.

"I-I don't know about this. guys." stuttered Scootaloo. She was quite unsure of herself. "I've never been to Cloudsdale before. Aren't we going to get in trouble for doing this?"

"Scootaloo, I know you can do it." said Spike "We all know you can do it. What would your hero Rainbow Dash do?" the dragon winked.

"She would fly up there, fill up the bottle, and fly away in 10 seconds flat!" the orange Pegasus filly smiled nervously. " But I can't fly yet. I haven't learned."

"That's okay Scoots." Pinkie assured her. "You can walk on the clouds I know you can do it!" she pulled out a #1 foam finger out of thin air and cheered. Without the assistance of a cloud-walking spell, only the Pegasi could walk on clouds.

"C'mon Scootalloo," her friend Sweetie Belle chimed in. "Just think, you could get your cutie mark."

"Even if you don't, this is really important to Pinkie Pie and it's her Birthday." Spike pleaded.

"Don't make me do the chicken noises again." joked Apple Bloom.

The entire group stared at Scootaloo for an answer, The Pegasus swallowed the lump in her throat and simled. "Okay, I'll do it. I'll do it for Pinkie!".

The scavenger hunters cheered wildly and climbed in the balloon's basket. After they sat down, as if by magic, the balloon began to fly upwards into the clear, blue sky. Weather conditions were perfect for flying. The breeze carried the balloon in the right direction towards Clousdale. Occasionally birds flew past.

The scene was so beautiful that Piinkie Pie burst into song again. After she finished, Pinkie exclaimed, "...and that's how Equestria was made!" The randomness of the hyperactive pink earth pony boggled the minds of every other pony present. However, none of them would have Pinkie Pie any other way. She was special and they loved that about her.

. Soon enough the balloon floated towards Clousdale. Clousdale was a city where the Pegasi lived. Their job is controlling the weather. Rain clouds, rainbows, snowflakes, they are all created in Cloudsdale and taken where they are needed by the Pegasi. Scootaloo needed to get to the pool of rainbow water and scoop some out into a bottle.

As the scavenger hunters reached the clouds, the breeze stopped blowing and the balloon stopped in mid-air.

"All right, let's do this!" said Scootalloo as her friends cheered her on. Pinkie Pie handed the Pegasus the bottle and Scootaloo climbed out of the basket slowly. She put her hoof on the cloud while holding the basket for dear life. Once she realized that she wasn't going to fall, she let go of the basket and tumbled over softly onto the cloud. Scootaloo shook her head, got up and headed towards the factory where the rainbow pool was.

A burst of confidence ran through Scootaloo. She imagined she was her hero, Rainbow Dash, trying to do the same thing. She focused on getting into the factory and achieving her goal. She ran as fast as her hooves could carry her towards the factory.

The weather factory was just like any normal factory, expect it was made of tall clouds. The doors were open and no pony was milling around. Scootaloo took her chance and kept moving. She dashed by the snowflake making machines without batting an eye. Moments later she saw the rainbow pool outside an open back door. The orange Pegasus slowed down to make sure she didn't fall in.

Scootaloo walked up to the pool and took out the bottle. Carefully she unscrewed the top and dipped the bottle in the colorful water. She filled the bottle and put the top back on. Her hooves were now covered with all the colors of the rainbow. To hide the evidence, she decided to put her hoof into her mouth to dry them off The Pegasus took off like a shot. She needed to get back to the balloon, not only to add the bottle of rainbow water to the collection, but also her mouth was now burning from the taste of the liquid she had just put in her mouth!

She galloped at double the speed she had entered the factory. At the same time, her face kept changing colors. A minute later she burst out of the factory, skidded to a stop in front of the balloon, and cried out. "Does anyone have some water? I NEED A DRINK!!"

"Didn't I tell you that rainbow water is super spicy hot, Scootaloo?" asked Pinkie Pie "I'm sorry if I didn't. I have some water in my saddlebag." The pink pony took the bottle of rainbow water and gave the Pegauss some of her water. Scootaloo sighed with relief as her face stopped changing colors

Ahhh thank y.. " Scootaloo was interrupted by the sound of a laughing sound. The sound came from behind them. Every pony looked up. Rainbow Dash was sitting on a nearby cloud. She was doubled over with laughter.

"Rainbow Dash! What are you doing here?" cried her biggest fan.

"Well, Fluttershy flew up to meet me earlier and told me about what you were up to. I thought I should come over and help get the balloon down to the ground so you guys can finish your scavenger hunt."

"We can definitely use the help, Dash. Thank you." said Spike.

As the rainbow-maned Pegasus flew down to grab the rope tied to the bottom of the basket, her biggest fan asked if she had seen her.

"Yea I did, Squirt." Rainbow Dash looked at her protegé. "You were awesome. Just watch out for the rainbow water next time."

Scootaloo giggled while her hero gave her a mane-noogie. The young Pegasus hopped back in the basket. Rainbow Dash then took the rope and put the hole around her neck.

"Everything tied down, cause we're going to go fast" Rainbow Dash said with her typical bravado. "Here we go!"

With a burst of speed the light-blue Pegasus pony took off and flew down with a flash, taking the balloon with her. "Wheee!!" cheered Pinkie Pie and the Crusaders. They were enjoying the rush. Spike was not doing well, on the other hand. He was wishing he hadn't eaten that last gemstone. As the balloon got closer to the ground, Rainbow Dash slowed herself down and landed it, along with the scavenger hunters to the ground safely. Rainbow was thanked by her friends.

"I hate to fly and run but there's going to be a thunderstorm tomorrow and I need to move some clouds. Good luck with the hunt."

"Thanks again!" every pony shouted. Rainbow Dash took off and in the blink of an eye she was gone.