• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 1,222 Views, 48 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Surprise - BrianPony



Pinkie Pie wakes up to the sound of a magic alarm clock she received six months ago. She''s in store for quite a surprise

  • ...
0
 48
 1,222

The Breakfast Letter

Pinkie greeted her friend, “Hey Spikey-Wikey! What’s up?”

"Are you okay, Pinkie? He asked while breathing heavy, wiping sweat off his brown and scales "I heard this loud explosion and I couldn't run here fast enough."

Spike was a baby purple dragon with green scales. He was the only creature living in town that was not a pony. He lived in the town's library, where he served as assistant to the purple unicorn, Twilight Sparkle. Twilight hatched Spike's egg before they both moved to Ponyville. They relocated from Canterlot, in order for her to study the Magic of Friendship and report her findings to her teacher, and mentor, Princess Celestia.

"Oh I am fantastic, Spikey-Wikey. The most awesome amazing thing just happened!" the pink pony exclaimed.

"You accidentally made sapphire cupcakes?" The baby dragon asked with excitement, while licking his lips. He did so to wipe a sly smirk.

"No, silly. It was the alarm clock!" said Pinky.

"Oh gosh. I gotta hear this story. Can I come in?" Spike asked.

"Of course Spikey. I've got some gems with your name on them!" Pinkie beamed while her dragon friend licked his lips again.

Along with every other pony in town, Spike was a vegetarian but he had a very unusual craving. The dragon loved to eat gemstones of all colors and shapes. Rubies, sapphires, emeralds, he devoured them all. To a dragon, they were like candy. He was addicted to them.

Pinkie Pie flipped the light switch as Spike walked inside Sugarcube Corner. The baby dragon walked over to one of the bakery's empty tables and sat down. The pink pony bounced into the kitchen, prepared a plate of sprinkle covered doughnuts, poured two glasses of chocolate milk, and put them all on a tray. She carried them to the table. Finally she hopped towards a cupboard and found a basket of multicolored gems and brought them over to the table as well. The events of this morning had given both friends quite an appetite.

Now they sat down and enjoyed a sugary-filled breakfast together while discussing the alarm clock and what happened. Pinkie did most of the talking. She rambled on in detail while stuffing her face with doughnuts. She only stopped long enough to dunk them in her milk. Spike listened intently, while chomping away at his precious sugary morsels. When all was left were crumbs and empty glasses, Spike remarked.

"Wow that's really cool. Oh, I almost forgot. Happy Birthday!" the dragon got out of his seat, stretched out his arms, and gave Pinkie Pie a hug.

"Awww thank you Spikey-Wikey. You are so sweet!" Pinkie said while smothered in a dragon hug.

The hug didn't last long because Spike had to back away. A familiar feeling welled in the pit of his stomach - The same feeling he gets when a letter arrives from the Princess. Spike closed his eyes, puffed up his cheeks, angled his mouth so that he didn't hurt Pinky (or destroy anything in the bakery) and..."Buuurrrp!" Suddenly a plume of smoke and green flame shot out of the dragon's mouth followed by a letter, which landed on the table.

He took the letter, broke the seal and after reading for a few seconds exclaimed, "Oh Pinkie, it's for you!" In a burst of excitement the pony took the letter and read aloud.

"Dear Pinkie Pie, That's me!" she giggled. "Happy Birthday! How did you like that alarm clock surprise? Pretty clever, eh? " Spike and Pinkie both laughed in unison. Pinkie continued reading, "Wanna know the secret of the magic alarm clock? I'll be coming by Sugarcube Corner this afternoon at 4 PM." "Oooh!" they both gasped. The letter continued, "However I'm not going to reveal my secret without something in return. I require the following items. A red apple from Sweet Apple Acres, A feather from a bluebird, a bottle of rainbow water, an abacus, a gavel, and a pink ribbon. Retrieve those items and meet me at Sugarcube Corner at 4 PM sharp. Then I will reveal who I am and the secrets behind the clock. Good luck." The letter was signed, " From No Pony In Particular."

Pinkie Pie gasped, "Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! It's a scavenger hunt. Goody goody. Oh I better get some gear." The pink pony excitedly bounced through the kitchen and up the stairs, her curly mane bouncing as well. She headed straight for her room and rummaged through her things. She found a bottle, a net, a rubber chicken, a clown's nose, the gems that remained from the clock's explosion, and other various items. Pinkie packed them all into her saddle bag.

Meanwhile Spike sat down and got some much needed rest. It was going to be a long day running all around Ponyville. Then he heard a soft tapping on the glass window in front of him. He turned to look and a pony stood there. Spike held up his claw like a thumbs up. The mysterious pony winked and galloped away so no other pony could see her.