• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 3,895 Views, 245 Comments

Lewis, Something Magical Has Occured - Haybales22



After a freak accident, Simon Lane and Lewis Brindley are transported to Equestria

  • ...
8
 245
 3,895

New Beginnings

The earth pony opened her eyes and looked to her surroundings. A lush green forest was around her, animal sounds could be heard from deep within the trees. A warm breeze blew pink hair from her eyes, and filled her nostrils with a sweet, florid scent. She closed her eyes and savored the perfumed air, she could identify daisies, roses and other flowers, but some of the scents were alien and unfamiliar, although not unpleasant. So this was heaven. This was how she would spend the rest of eternity. She looked down and discovered she was some sort of horse, white and pink, her hooves not having a seam that connected to the fetlock. She stood shakily and stepped cautiously on the grass, its soft texture tickling the frogs of her hooves. She stepped slowly and deliberately, practising in her new form. This was her afterlife, this was her reincarnation, so be it. She raised her head and sniffed the air again, the flower smell still prominent, but another odour filled her nose as she inhaled. Was this the aroma of.... Cupcakes? She sniffed again, following her nose to the pastry's scent. She exited from the clearing, beginning to get into what could be called a lazy trot, gradually getting used to the gait. She eased into a lope, but immediately tripped, landing face first into a small patch of mud. She stood, the brown goo clinging to her face, knees and chest. Better learn to walk before she could run.

The pony continued her journey, following some sort of path through the dense forest. The air was warm, but cooling slightly. She tilted her head to the sky and saw the clouds becoming tinted with yellow orange and red as the sun began to set. She lowered her head and trotted faster, not wanting to be in these strange woods by night, as she didn't know what dangers lurked within. She exited the now gloomy forest not long after, stepping into a large open area. She continued along the same path, and realized she was thirsty. She could see a bridge up ahead, and assumed there would be water under the bridge. She walked to the banks of the river, and lowered her head to drink the water, her hooves sinking into the muddy bank. She washed her face and body of the now dried mud, and swam in the river to remove any she couldn't reach. She emerged from the river and shook herself violently, spraying water everywhere.

"Uh, what are you doing?" A voice asked. She opened her eyes and was slightly shocked to see... nothing. "Up here." the voice said with a tone making her feel like it should have been obvious where the speaker was. The earth pony looked up to see a teal, no, cyan pony with a multihued mane lying on a cloud. The pony jumped off the cloud and revealed wings, which aided her landing. She touched down in front of the earth pony and looked upon her with superiority. The white pony was scruffy, her fur wet and haphazard from shaking herself dry, flecks of mud here and there, the mane and tail a pastel pink, but matted with water and full of small leaves and the occasional twig. Her cutie mark depicted an owl's head. Rainbowdash looked over the other mare, showing slight distaste. "Why did you go in the river? Did you fall or what?"

The earth pony was shocked the other horse had wings, but was even more shocked she could talk. "Um, yes. I, I fell." She stated, surprised she could talk. "Um, who are you?" She asked tentatively.

"Only the greatest flyer in all of Equestria!" The pegasus boasted. She launched herself into the air, did a flip and landed on her hooves. "Names Rainbowdash." She claimed with pride, glad she could enlighten another pony on how awesome she was. "Er, what did you say your name was?" Rainbowdash was proud, but she wasn't ill-mannered.

The earthpony had to think fast, could she use her real name? Nobody would know, but this pony didn't have a regular name, she should have a pony name too. She looked around, and saw an owl on her flank. Something with owls, she thought. "Uh... Owlomadia." She blurted. Great, she thought, I had to make up the worst name in history.

Author's Note:

Its been a month, so here you go. I'm sorry I haven't been working on it, I've had other things on my mind. I got my friend to proofread it, he didn't understand who the earth pony was.