• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 3,888 Views, 245 Comments

Lewis, Something Magical Has Occured - Haybales22



After a freak accident, Simon Lane and Lewis Brindley are transported to Equestria

  • ...
8
 245
 3,888

Pawn Stars

Lewis and Simon both stared at the ring, mesmerized by the glinting rainbows that reflected off of it. Lewis held the small hoop of white gold and diamonds in his hoof, it's incredible beauty a reminder of Hannah. A solitary tear rolled down his cheek, he had wept the rest of them away. As he looked at the large white-tinged-with-blue diamond, he saw his reflection in its surface. A crimson unicorn, with messy black hair, brown eyes red with tears, streaks of dried salty tears running down his face. Images formed in his mind. Hannah and himself. If he was here, then who was Lewis in England? Who was running his body? Or was he dead? Was he dead, and Hannah all alone? Or was someone else running his body, living his life, being with Hannah? The thought infuriated him. He glared into the diamond, his eyes developing small flickers of flame at the edges of his irises. His temper fizzeled as he saw the rage in his eyes. He shut the afore-mentioned eyes and another tear rolled down his cheek.

Simon gazed into the diamond that adorned the jewellery, his eyes sparkled almost as much as the diamond did in the sunlight. The evervesant surface glittered and reflected rainbows into the air. The large gemstone was beautiful in every way. He looked up at Lewis, and found many emotions crossing his face. Love, sadness, worry, fury, sadness again. Now he was crying, again. Lewis noticed Simon staring at him and made eye contact. "You Ok pal?"

Lewis turned away, still holding the ring with his magic. He levitated the ring towards Simon, and placed it in his open hoof. "I'm fine. You take it, I don't want to look at it. We need to sell it."

"Sell it? Why would we sell it?" Simon asked increduously.

"We need money to live here, so we need to sell it. We have no need for it, if we really are stuck here forever, we would never see... Ha... her again, and so the ring has no use to me or you. It's worth quite a few thousand pounds, so it might be worth more in this realm. So we need to sell it and get the money and buy a house and get jobs. So we need to sell it." Lewis had winced, and could not bring himself to say Hannah's name.

Simon nodded, placed the ring back into the box, and put the box in his pocket. The pair got up and set out for a shop to sell their treasure to.

"What the buck is this?" Shouted Simon at the pony who was working the counter at the pawn shop. "This ring is worth over five thousand pounds, and you're giving us this?! This tiny bag of coins?!? You've gotta be bucking kidding me!!!" The blue and white pegasus behind the counter winced slightly at the small stallion's language, but the mare's indigo eyes stared him down and assured him that the price was right.

"This is two hundred bits. Take it or leave it." Rock Solid was an expert in diamonds, and she knew the value of this "ring" although it looked too small to be for a pony, even a unicorn. Maybe a unicorn foal. But the red one said it was an engagement ring, so it wouldn't be for a foal. So how could somepony put it over their hoof?

"We'll take it. Thank you for your time, miss." Lewis stated, cutting Simon's protest off. He picked up the small burlap bag with his magic and tucked it into his pocket, then turned and left. Simon glared at the pegasus mare, then muttered a thank you and left.

After looking around and trying to find a place to live. They checked themselves into a small hotel, and seeing that the sun was setting and the moon was rising. They fell onto the separate beds and fell asleep immediately, realizing that they were exhausted after their first day as ponies.