• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 2,761 Views, 41 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 7: The Good, the Bad, and the Derpy - Doctor Perseus



With Thalia growing closer to destroying Ponyville, it'll take two Doctors and the return of an old ally to stop them. A new chapter in the Doctor's adventures in Equestria is about to begin.

  • ...
3
 41
 2,761

Prologue

Doctor Whooves: Episode 7
The Good, the Bad, and the Derpy

Prologue

Outside Sugar Cube Corner, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

Derpy could feel her eyes becoming inverted as her mind processed what she had just heard the unicorn stallion before her say. Spike, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity were just as surprised as she was. Derpy had several questions buzzing around in her head but all she could manage to ask was, "What?"

"I'm the Doctor," replied the stallion. Derpy examined the unicorn with her eyes and shook her head.

"No you're not. The Doctor's an earth pony with a chestnut coat and a brown mane. You're a unicorn with a dark blue coat and a silver mane!"

"I know what I look like. I've had this body for at least three years now."

"Huh?"

"Look at my cutie mark. It's the same as your Doctor's."

Derpy looked at the hourglass cutie mark and nodded.

"They do have the same cutie mark," said Pinkie Pie with a shrug.

"But he can't be the Doctor! How can he be? We just saw him get gobbled by that giant doll a moment ago!" Rarity explained.

"If you want more proof then here it is," said the supposed Doctor. He reached into his suit and pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver. "Your Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver is right in front of you, right? Look at the two and compare them."

Derpy picked up the Doctor's Screwdriver and took the supposed Doctor's Screwdriver. They looked almost identical aside from the tips, the Doctor's was blue while the supposed Doctor's was red.

"They do look alike," Applejack admitted.

"But how can you be the Doctor?" Spike asked.

"Wait! I remember now. My past self hasn't explained any of this stuff to you yet has he?" asked the supposed Doctor.

"What stuff?" Derpy questioned as she handed the red Screwdriver back to the unicorn.

"I'm a Time Lord. If I'm injured enough or I live long enough my body is destroyed and it changes. I get a new body and a new voice, and sometimes a slightly different personality, but it's always me on the inside!"

"I think I remember the Doctor mumbling about something like that when he first arrived in Ponyville," said Spike.

"Exactly! This is my fifth pony body so far."

"So let me get this straight. You're a version of the Doctor from the future?" Derpy asked.

"Bingo, Ms. Hooves!"

"He certainly acts like the Doctor," said Spike.

"He gives off the same vibe as the Doctor," said Pinkie Pie.

"I don't know," Derpy breathed. The supposed Doctor approached Derpy and looked deep into her eyes.

"Look into my eyes, Derpy. If anypony can recognize me as the Doctor, it's you," he said. Derpy looked deep into the pair of indigo eyes before her. She saw much sadness but a lot of happiness. The eyes made her feel warm inside and they gave her the strength to press on and save the town she loved so dearly.

"It is you!"

"How can you be so sure, sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

"I don't know. I can see the Doctor inside of him. The Doctor we know."

"It's great that you can finally see me, Ditzy," said the supposed Doctor. Derpy gasped and so did the others for out of the supposed Doctor's mouth came the voice of the Doctor that they knew.

"It's him! It's the Doctor!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"I'm so confused right now but I don't care!" Pinkie cheered happily.

"Why did you call her Ditzy?" Rarity asked. The Doctor cleared his throat and smiled. When he spoke, he was back to using his new voice.

"Did I say Ditzy? I'm sorry. I meant to say Derpy. I know so many ponies and people now that their names just jumble together!" the Doctor chuckled. Derpy was transfixed on the Doctor. She couldn't believe what he had called her. How did he know? How could he know? The Doctor brought Derpy close and whispered, "I know you have a lot of questions but, right now, I think we need to focus on saving your Doctor, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash as well as defeat Thalia and save Ponyville from certain destruction."

The Doctor drew his head back as Derpy asked, "You're going to save us, aren't you?"

"Of course, Derpy. I won't let you down!"

Derpy could sense some sadness hiding behind the future Doctor's eyes but she decided not to focus on it. The ground shook again and new cracks began forming in the protective barrier.

"It looks like that barrier isn't gonna hold out for much longer!" said Applejack.

"What do we do now, New Doctor?" asked Spike.

"New Doctor? Why does everypony call me that whenever I run into my past selves? Oh well," the New Doctor chuckled. He took a step back from Derpy and gripped his Sonic Screwdriver firmly in one of his hooves. "I'll tell you what we're gonna do, my fellow companions! We're gonna stop these dolls, save your friends and this town, and send Thalia back to the future!" Derpy was about to say something but the New Doctor continued. "We best be on our way then! My TARDIS, like your Doctor's TARDIS, has been sealed shut but Thalia's magic. We have a forest to trek through, some ruins to ruin, and my past self should be running into an old friend right about now!"