• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 2,762 Views, 41 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 7: The Good, the Bad, and the Derpy - Doctor Perseus



With Thalia growing closer to destroying Ponyville, it'll take two Doctors and the return of an old ally to stop them. A new chapter in the Doctor's adventures in Equestria is about to begin.

  • ...
3
 41
 2,762

Dawn Breaks

Chapter 6: Dawn Breaks

Outside Fluttershy's Cottage, Outskirts of Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

There was a bright flash as the Doctor, Twilight, and their fellow friends appeared out of thin air. Twilight stumbled for a moment but quickly regained her balance.

"That was a doozy!" said Pinkie Pie.

"I won't be doing that again for a while," Twilight sighed.

"Looks like the shield held up quite nicely," said the Doctor as he looked towards the massive, purple bubble before him. They had landed at the edge of Fluttershy's property that was close to the Everfree Forest. The protective barrier covered most of the property though.

"That's funny," said Derpy.

"What's funny?" asked Opal.

"There was a large mob of living dolls surrounding the town earlier. Where have they gone off to?"

Everypony looked to see that there was no sign of any living dolls anywhere in sight. It was incredibly quiet. The silence sent shivers down their spines.

"I don't like this one bit," said Applejack.

"Prepare yourselves. The giant dolls are on their way," warned the New Doctor.

"The giant dolls?" Fluttershy croaked.

"Even bigger than the one that kidnapped our Doctor?" Derpy asked.

"Sadly, yes," the New Doctor replied.

Suddenly, the ground shook. Large, golden cracks appeared in the barrier and the ground shifted and moaned underneath their hooves.

"Earthquake?" asked Spike.

"This is no natural earthquake! Something's causing this!" stated Caroze. The ground beneath them began to break open. Long vines stretched out of the ground and began attacking the barrier vigorously. A massive doll's head emerged from the dark, underground depths. The head was around the size of Twilight's library and, once it had pulled itself from the earth, the doll was at least the size Spike was when he was a full-grown, greedy dragon. Four more giant dolls pulled themselves from the earth and the town was quickly surrounded by five doll giants.

"We're dead," Spike said bluntly. The dolls began pounding against the barrier, producing more and more cracks.

"New Doctor, this would be a good time to do that trick of yours," Derpy suggested.

"That only works with average-sized dolls and even then I can only take out a small crowd. Taking down these behemoths is going to be much more difficult, Derpy," sighed the New Doctor.

"What's that?!" asked Rarity as she pointed towards the sky. A figure enveloped in a purple aura flew over the town.

"Who do you think?" the Doctor responded.

Ponyville Skies, Above Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

Thalia flew through the sky, held up by her magical aura. The magical power in the air filled her pores and made her smile with excitement. Her giant servants had awakened and now it was time to destroy Ponyville: once and for all. She could feel the heat building up inside of her. It was time for the final move. She turned towards the sun and watched as it began to rise above the horizon. The sunlight filled Thalia with a sense of power and she cackled gleefully. Her horn began to glow and she could feel the energy in her body racing towards the point in her head.

"Let them burn. Let them drown. Let them die," she said to herself as she aimed her horn at the barrier and fired. A loud explosion ripped through the air as a series of yellow sparks spewed up into the sky. Twilight's protective barrier crumbled like a wet graham cracker. Thalia smiled as she caught sight of the ponies in the town below looking up at the destroyed barrier. She began to descend towards the ground below. It was time for the fun to begin.

The Edge of Town, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

The Doctor and the New Doctor led the group towards the town as the barrier was reduced to nothing more than yellow ashes. The dolls began their attack. Their mouths opened up and a sea of average-sized living dolls poured out. The vines began attacking buildings and attempting to grab panicking ponies. The Aqua Incarnate begin rising up from the earth and crawled its way towards the town. The Doctor even caught sight of a few manticores and timberwolves emerging from the woods.

"Now what?" cried Rarity.

"Fight the armies! Defeat Thalia! Got it?!" replied the Doctor. Everypony turned to each other and nervously nodded.

"I think three Sonic Screwdrivers shall even the odds," said the New Doctor as he presented his red-tipped Screwdriver. The Doctor produced his blue-tipped Screwdriver and Opal presented her green-tipped Screwdriver. "Excellent! We'll head after Thalia and the rest of you try to fend off the creatures with the best of your abilities!"

"How can we fight all this?!" asked Spike.

"We can! We've fought lots of things before!" stated Twilight. "We've fought Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, and many others! We can do this! I believe we can!"

"Yeah! Let's do this!" cheered Rainbow Dash as she took to the skies. The Doctor, the New Doctor, and Opal began making their way towards the descending purple aura that they recognized as Thalia. Twilight began to follow them but Spike stopped her.

"You're going with the Doctor, right?" he asked.

"I promise I'll come back, Spike," she replied.

"You kept your original promise and the Doctor managed to keep his. I trust you."

Twilight kissed Spike on the forehead and said, "Thank you, Spike."

The unicorn then turned around and ran after the Sonic Screwdriver-armed ponies. Spike was about to turn back when he noticed a gray blur rush past him. Derpy was flying after Twilight and the others. He wanted to say something but felt that the Doctor needed a pegasus on his team at the moment.

"We can deal with the animals!" said Fluttershy as she pointed at herself and Caroze.

"Right!" Caroze added.

"I'm coming with y’all!" said Applejack as she ran after the yellow pegasus and the zebra. Spike looked to see that he was teamed up with Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

"So what does that leave us with?" asked Rarity.

"Everything else!" Pinkie Pie cheered happily as she pulled out her party cannon. An army of dolls, joined by living vines and the Aqua Incarnate, were advancing on them quickly.

"Now that just isn't fair!"

"This should be fun," groaned Spike as he prepared one of his fire blasts.