• Published 7th Jan 2013
  • 4,712 Views, 82 Comments

Rain - Commando-Scarecrow



One evening, While driving home from dinner, Miles Wilhelm drives by to see a mystery woman on the side of the road. He doesn't know where she's from or how she got there. But one thing is sure: he has to help her

  • ...
10
 82
 4,712

Day 1: Red Rain

"Holy crap!" Those were my words of choice when I saw a red head knocked out by the side of the road. The night began normally enough. I was driving back to the motel room I rented after a weekly dinner I had at home with my mom and little sister. It wasn't until I saw a naked woman on the side of the free-way and beneath an overpass, her bright red hair reflecting my high-beams, when things quickly began to take a turn for the weird. I began to breathe deeply as I thought of what could have possibly placed her there. Most of them weren't things I liked to think about, but it didn't matter. She needed help.

I quickly pulled over, probably faster than I should have, and walked back to where the woman was lying down. She was beautiful, although I tried not to stare. “Sweet Jesus,” I mumbled to myself, trying not to take in the scenery. Being a perv was something I generally tried not to be. It was cold that night, and I didn't know the directions to the nearest hospital, so I chose to do something most people of a lower moral compass would have loved to do with an attractive and unconscious woman: I elected to take her to my motel room. I slowly approached her as though she were a deer, just to make sure not to wake her up. I honestly had no clue on hell what was going on. Her eyes struggled to open, but quickly fluttered closed. She was totally out of it. I sighed. This was going to be an interesting week for sure.

I took off my black leather jacket and placed it over her, being sure not to grab ANYTHING as I did so. Her eyes were an interesting color. Even in the darkness of that cold October night, I could see a vague violet in the irises. I very carefully placed my arms around her, maintaining a no groping policy and lifted her from the wet and cold grass. She was kind of heavy, but then I wasn't that strong. It took me a moment to gain some good footing, but after a few seconds I got everything balanced out and I took her to my car.

I opened the door to my blue saturn and placed her in the passenger seat, sure to buckle her up. I made my way back to the driver’s seat and started the engine. She stirred a little bit, but nothing too major.

The trip back to my room at the local Motel 6 went smoothly enough. Anyone who took a look at her in my car probably just though we were a couple on a road trip or something like that. What was really difficult was making sure nobody thought I was going to be doing something distasteful to the poor girl when they saw me taking her out of my car in the parking lot. I figured that it would better if I unlocked the door and then carried her in. As it turned out, I had nothing to worry about. There was no one around except for who was working there, and THAT guy was busy reading a magazine. As I scooped the sleeping red-head out of the car seat, I decided, even if she was knocked out, it might be a good idea to at least ask what her name was. So I did. "You got a name, Red?"

She didn't do much except breath, but it looked like I was gonna get at least that much out of her. She moved only a little bit as she mumbled something. "Rain..." she answered, mumbling more of what I assumed was her last name, or at least I thought she did. If it was her name, then it was sure as hell a pretty name. Then I looked at a set of new problems I had to contend with. There was only one bed in my home. Well, it wasn't really a problem per se. The choice of who got what was obvious. I laid her on my bed and did my best not admire anything, but I did notice that she was tall for a woman. In fact, she seemed to be close to my own six feet.

I went over to my drawers to see if there was anything that I could give her to wear so she wouldn't have to walk around naked. I found some old, blue, flannel PJ bottoms that wouldn't be too difficult to fit on her, and then one of my larger plain white t-shirts. "That'll do." I went over to her and felt all my blood rush to my face as I realized exactly what I had been tasked with. I gulped and decided that it would just be best if I tried not to look at or grab at her body. It wasn't easy, by any means, but in about three minutes, there was a clothed red head laying on my bed.

"Not bad, Miles. Not bad at all." At that point, I honestly wasn't sure whether I was talking about the girl or the job I did dressing her, so I just settled for somewhere in the middle and took a shower. I tried to make it cold, for obvious reasons, and it did work. I took as long in there as I wanted, my home being a motel and all, and considered what was going to happen now that I met the mystery woman. This was insane. A red head comes out of nowhere and into the side of the road, and here I was, finding her on the side of the road and giving her a place to stay. This was like something out of a bad fanfic. And trust me, I've read my share of bad fanics.

As I got out of the shower, sure to change in the bathroom just in case, I realized that I finally had a chance to take it all in. My heart raced as I wondered what would happen tomorrow, but in the end, I just decided to get some sleep. Grabbed a spare blanket and hit the chair. Taking one last look at the guest in my room, I said one last thing before I went to sleep. "This is crazy."