• Published 7th Jan 2013
  • 4,709 Views, 82 Comments

Rain - Commando-Scarecrow



One evening, While driving home from dinner, Miles Wilhelm drives by to see a mystery woman on the side of the road. He doesn't know where she's from or how she got there. But one thing is sure: he has to help her

  • ...
10
 82
 4,709

Day 2: She wore a Superman T-Shirt

"Wait..." Rainbow Dash replied after seeing enough of the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. "So you're telling me..." She was taking the remarkably well, considering she was such a hot head in the show. Maybe letting her view the show online wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"Yeah..." I waved my hand for the red head sitting on my bed to continue.

"That me and my friends..." She was getting there.

"Go on..."

"Are all in something you call a television show that's basically a movie in your house?" Bingo. We have a winner.

"Exactly," I waited a few more seconds for more questions, but none came at that time. "You mad?"

"Haha!" She let out a hardy laugh. Did not see that coming. "Why would I be mad? I'm a part of a worldwide phenomenon with millions of fans around the world! This. Is. AWESOME!!!" For a split second, I hoped she would make her infamous "wub" face. Kinda disappointed that she didn't, actually.

"Wow. So you're totally fine with being a fictional character here?"

"I'm real in my own world, right?" She had an excellent point.

I decided to move on to another topic. "So how did you get here anyway?" Seemed like a good enough question, I think.

She took on an excited grin, and if this was the same Rainbow Dash from the show, and it was, then it undoubtedly meant she was going to talk about her favourite thing: herself. "Well- What is your name anyway? You saved my flank last night and I don't even know your name."

I gave her my own smug smile. "Surely you've heard of me! My name is Miles Wilhelm!" I thumbed my nose cheesily. "Amateur writer extraordinar!"

"Miles, eh?" She smiled. A mood this excellent was not something I'd expected. I mean, after that time I read My Little Dashie, I thought for sure she'd take being a fictional character here as bad news. "Got a nice ring to it! Yeah... I can dig that!" Then she got back to herself. "So how I got here? It's a long and awesome story! There I was... taking on the Thunder Clap gauntlet in the middle of a storm!"

"The what now?" I'd seen every episode of MLP, some of them more than others, and I'd never heard anything about the Thunder Clap Gauntlet.

"The Thunder Clap Gauntlet is named after the legendary first executioner of the sonic rainboom!" I could see the stars in her eyes as she explained. Apparently, I'd played into her vanity. "It's an almost impossible obstacle course made completely of storm clouds in a lightning storm! Nopony had beaten it in hundreds of years, and I was about to prove them wrong! I was about to make history!"

"So what happened, then?" I interrupted her, but it was almost like she wanted me to ask more questions about her.

She just kept talking in stride. "Things... didn't go as planned." She even said that with enthusiasm. It was almost like even when she failed, she still won out somehow. "Right when I was breaking into a sonic rainboom, I was struck by lightning!" It made enough sense, as far as I understood time travel logic, at least. "And that was how I got here!"

"Uh huh," I only nodded. This whole thing was still far-fetched, even with MLP logic.

"You don't believe me, do you?"

"No, no. I do," I did my best not to come off like I was patronizing her. "If Pinkie Pie can make a clone army of herself by accident, then I'm pretty sure you can break apart a dimension with sheer skill, luck, and concentrated awesomeness."

"Heh," she scratched her face in embarrassment. "You're alright, Miles! Sorry for punching you in the face, by the way."

I left my chair for my clothing rack. "Don't worry about it. Chances are I deserved it for something, anyway." Finally at my clothes, I went through some things that might look good on her. An old belt and some nice jeans I'd outgrown. Then I passed by something that made me think. My old superman t-shirt. Hm... alright. "Here" I threw her the clothes I thought would look alright enough on her.

"What are these?" She sorted through them, not sure what to think of them. "And what's the "S" on this mean?" She held up the royal blue superman shirt."

"Clothes," I began sorting through some of my own clothes to find what I should wear. "Nudity is a- WHOA!" I turned around to see her in the middle of taking off her shirt in front of me. Luckily, I stopped her just as she reached her upper midriff Again, I'm no perv. "What are you doing?!"

"What!?" Being that she came from a world where not wearing anything was perfectly normal, I understood her confusion.

"I was just saying that public nudity is a taboo in my world!" I calmed myself down, almost giving myself a heart attack from the way I just acted.

She just laughed it off, completely oblivious that she'd done something wrong. "My bad!"

I began to laugh a little bit with her. "Don't worry about it, just," I was blushing from the embarrassment of what just happened. "I'll just go get dressed in the bathroom, then." And so I did. I gathered a pair of faded blue jeans and an orange tee-shirt. I then looked at myself in the bathroom mirror, running my hand through my thick but short brown hair. "What the hell have I gotten myself into?" I looked deep into my stormy blue eyes and tried desperately to answer that for a few minutes.

Luckily, the red-headed Rain in my motel room signaled me, so I didn't have to. "All clear, Chief!" I left my bathroom, fully dressed to see her in my jeans and shirt. I loved that shirt, too, but the damn thing shrank in the wash. Always new I'd have a use for it, though. "So what do you think?" She extended her arms to try and give me a good look. For the first time, I allowed myself to indulge in it. Is it weird for a 21 year old brony to be turned on by a dimensionally lost pony-turned-human female with the Olympian-like build in a superman tee-shirt? Because I totally was. "Not bad, right?"

Poker face... your time to shine. "It's a good look." I shrugged. Smooth, Miles. I grabbed my spare brown hoody and threw it to her. "Jacket up, Dashie. We're going out!"

As I grabbed my own black leather jacket and opened the door to my motel room, she complied with my request, but curious where and why. "Where too?"

I closed the door behind us and she followed me to my car. "Shopping."

She grunted. As expected, Rainbow Dash hated shopping. "Why?"

"So you won't have to dress like a guy."