• Published 5th Jan 2013
  • 7,140 Views, 229 Comments

The Reason I Love You - Blue Dragon



Twilight and Pinkie reminisce about their hidden feelings for each other, and finally decide to do something about it.

  • ...
11
 229
 7,140

Like a Daydream

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see Twilight and kiss her and hold her and maybe even watch her sleep! If Smarty Pants really does work, I'll... uh... I'll think of something nice to do!

Pinkie giggled to herself as she hopped up to Twilight's library. She'd been looking forward to this all day! But she wasn't sure how to bring up the Smarty Pants doll without explaining the fact that she'd sorta accidentally snooped in Twilight's stuff, even though it wasn't really her fault.

Pinkie paused at the door. Would she be mad at me? She entertained that thought for a few more seconds before pushing it aside. The earth pony knocked on the door, very aware of the doll's presence in her saddlebag.

"Coming!" Twilight chirped happily from within. Pinkie was surprised by the mare's tone and elated expression when she opened the door. "Oh, hey, Pinkie!" A huge, warm smile appeared on her face, effectively melting Pinkie's heart and causing her to blush slightly.

A few awkward seconds later she realized that she was supposed to say something. "Oh. Oh! Hey, Twilight! What's up?"

"Come in, come in!" Pinkie skipped in with just a little hesitation. There was something up...

"As much as I love seeing you happy, Twi, would you mind telling me the occasion?" Pinkie leaned in for a quick kiss from her marefriend, but Twilight side-stepped, still with a huge grin.

"Not yet, Pinkie! This is great! Revolutionary, even!" Pinkie tried not to pout at being denied a kiss, and became interested in just what was making her marefriend so happy.

"What do you mean, Twilight?" The unicorn couldn't contain her enthusiasm. Despite her appearing not to want a kiss earlier, Twilight leaned in suddenly and pressed her lips against Pinkie's. It was such a surprise that Pinkie didn't even have a chance to respond before Twilight pulled away.

"Princess Celestia's coming to Ponyville tomorrow!"

As silly as it might have been, Pinkie was a little disappointed that somepony else could make her so happy. "Oh... That's great! Why?"

"I'm not sure. She sent me a letter early this morning, which woke Spike up, and told me that she'd be arriving around noon. She said it was important. I haven't seen her in a long time, so it'll be great!"

"Can I go?" Pinkie asked, nuzzling Twilight's cheek.

"Of course! Actually, Princess Celestia requested that you join me. I'm not sure why, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow!" Twilight was still smiling brightly as she returned the nuzzle.

"...Spike's not here?" Pinkie asked suddenly, pulling away slightly. The unicorn gave her a quizzical look before answering.

"Nope. After he woke up, he went to Rarity's. He was still a little mad at me... Why?" Pinkie's smile slowly turned into the kind she got when she was about to prank somepony.

"Good, 'cause that means I can do this!" Pinkie pounced onto Twilight, kissing her slowly and deeply. She grinned when the unicorn kissed her back. After a few more seconds, she pulled away.

"What was that for?" Twilight questioned, leaning up to kiss Pinkie's nose. "Not that I'm complaining or anything."

Pinkie smiled. "Sorry! You were just so happy, and you of all ponies should know how I get when somepony's happy! I can't control myself." she giggled out. Then, she remembered the Smarty Pants doll in her saddlebag. "Oh, Twi! I almost forgot--I have something for you."

"J... Just you being here is enough for me, you know." Twilight tried, though the way she said it seemed forced. However, her blush and uncertain tone made it so much more adorable.

"Aww, you're so cute, Twi!" Pinkie had a small blush and a fluttery feeling in her stomach from what Twilight had said, but she still managed to rummage through her saddlebag. She'd brought Smarty Pants (obviously), and an emergency stash of party supplies.

"Thanks! Wait. Is that...?" Pinkie pulled out the doll and watched as Twilight's eyes sparkled. They slowly moved from her long lost treasure to her marefriend's face. "How?"

"Well, I um... came across this photograph of you as a filly with Smarty Pants, and remembered what happened during the Want It Need It spell, so I made a hippo-the-sis--"

"Hypothesis..." Twilight corrected automatically.

"--that maybe it had something to do with your nightmares. So, I got it back from Big Mac for you!" Pinkie smiled hopefully, placing the doll beside Twilight's head. She was still standing over her.

"...Thank you, Pinkie. I've been wondering what had happened to Smarty Pants... Wow, today's been so great! Thank you so much, Pinkie!" Twilight wrapped her hooves around Pinkie's head and pulled her down for a passionate kiss. Apparently, the doll meant a lot more to her than she'd initially let on. The earth pony returned it with just as much enthusiasm. She was glad she'd brought it back to Twilight, and even happier that Twilight wasn't angry at her for going through her things.

Then, the unicorn pulled away and began to sit up, forcing Pinkie to give up her dominating position. Twilight picked up Smarty Pants and inspected it for damage before giving it a bear hug. Her smile was super infectious--Pinkie couldn't stop the pleased grin from being plastered onto her muzzle.

Twilight yawned lightly, and both ponies were reminded of their lack of sleep. Pinkie glanced at the clock and realized that it was already eight. She'd have to leave in an hour and a half if she was planning on keeping her promise with Mrs. Cake. And, at the same time, she wanted to make sure Twilight was going to be okay to sleep.

"You can go to sleep..." Pinkie said, hugging her marefriend.

"But I haven't seen you all day..." Twilight complained as she returned it.

"I want to know if my...uh... thingy is correct. You know, the one that starts with an 'h' and you said I was pronouncing it wrong?"

"Hypothesis, Pinkie..." said Twilight in response.

"Yeah, that. I won't leave until I'm sure you're okay, 'kay?" Pinkie promised. Twilight stared at her for a long second before smiling and nodding slowly.

"Okay... If you Pinkie Promise." Pinkie beamed before doing the motions. Twilight stood up and grabbed Smarty Pants with her magic. The pink mare got up as well. They both trotted up the stairs and into Twilight's bedroom. Pinkie felt a little nervous.

"If this makes you uncomfortable, you don't have to get in..." Twilight said almost dejectedly as she climbed into her bed. Pinkie's heart jumped in alarm at the tone of her voice.

"W-what? Of course I'm okay with this. I just wanted to make sure you were!" Pinkie jumped onto the bed to prove her point, snuggling up next to Twilight. The unicorn smiled and buried her muzzle in Pinkie's mane. "You're really warm..." she commented, sighing into Twilight's fur.

"...I love you, Pinkie Pie." the unicorn spoke suddenly. Pinkie let her hooves wrap around Twilight's back.

"I love you too, Twilight Sparkle."

Neither pony said another word. Pinkie felt a lot more calm in Twilight's embrace, and she had to keep herself from falling asleep. Twilight's breathing slowed until the earth pony was sure she was snoozing. After a long time of peaceful silence, Pinkie glanced at the clock. It was ten minutes past nine--time always seemed to go by quickly when she was with her bookworm. She'd have to leave in about twenty minutes.

But that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy her time now.

Pinkie breathed in Twilight's unique scent, pressing kisses into her fur. Once, just for the fun of it and because she was a little curious, she actually licked Twilight. In her defense, she just wanted to see what it tasted like--if it was like candy, books, or even a rainbow!

...It didn't really have a distinct taste. If anything, it was sweet, but kind of tasted like ink. Pinkie decided that Twilight tasted like a book made of candy. Maybe that's why she was so smart and sweet at the same time!

Hm... That would make my candy Twilight "un-accurate," as Twilight would say... Is ink bad for a pony to eat? I'll have to ask Twilight before I try it... thought Pinkie as she debated on whether or not she could create her special cupcake with ink in it. As her mind wandered off into different topics, (such as if chocolate could be in a gas form--there was chocolate rain, and there was bar chocolate, but what about air?) time went by even faster. Before she knew it, nine thirty had come around.

Pinkie frowned at the thought of leaving this warm bed and her beautiful, candy-book tasting marefriend. She gingerly slipped out of Twilight's forehooves and replaced the empty space with Smarty Pants, who was hanging out by Twilight's tail previously. She kissed Twilight three times for luck, (one on her forehead, one on her nose, and the last on her lips) before quietly walking over to the door.

She looked back to make sure Twilight was still okay, trying to find some excuse to stay longer, but nothing happened. So, she let herself out and made her way to Sugarcube Corner and Mrs. Cake's excited inquiries.

Twilight slept peacefully for the entire night.

Author's Note:

Twinkie overload! Nah, not really. Just a whole fluffy chapter to prepare you guys for the next one! Hint, hint! xD
I know this took a long time, but I've been pretty busy. I think I can maintain a better schedule, as I'm in the last part of the school year, so look forward to more updates on a regular basis! (Hopefully!) At the very least, I won't take 3 weeks. ^_^

Thanks for reading!