• Published 22nd Dec 2012
  • 4,781 Views, 368 Comments

Dawn of the First Day - Miniscule Literary



A man with nothing to lose finds himself in Equestria. But which version of Equestria is he in?

  • ...
24
 368
 4,781

It Gets Worse

Alfonz crept from the room as silently as he could; he had no intention of waking the alicorn, as it would undoubtedly hinder his plans of escape. Gently closing the door behind him, he swiftly made his way down the short staircase that lead back into the palace proper, avoiding the gaze of two passing guards as he went. Although their training made them significantly less threatening than the others, he knew that, if given the chance, they would not hesitate to attack him.

Looking back at the pegasi to make sure he wasn't being followed, he absently turned a corner and collided forcefully with a very large object, bending somewhat as his lower half came to a sudden and abrupt halt. Although seemingly undisturbed from the impact, he quickly noticed that the 'object' was very much alive; a large, white pony with both a horn and wings.

Before him stood the impressive form of Princess Celestia, calmly examining some papers as if completely ignorant of the impact with her backside. Alfonz froze instinctively, after realizing that he was practically bent over the Princess' behind. It was like some sort of cruel joke; that despite all his efforts to avoid such encounters, he found himself stumbling right into them.

It was like a sitcom. A really bad one.

A few minutes passed before Celestia turned, regarding him with a smile.

"Hello again, Alfonz," she greeted the stricken man. It took her a moment to notice that he was not moving, staring, wide eyed and gaping, at the Princess' back. "Are you alright?"

Alfonz did not respond. His mind was fighting with itself to stay intact; after the trials he had faced the day before, he was nearing his breaking point. His current predicament, no matter how harmless, may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

"Alfonz?" Celestia tried once more, waving a few papers in front of his face. The man did not react; he did not even blink. With considerable concern, Celestia enveloped Alfonz in her magic, gently bringing him into the air as she made her way back to her own quarters.

Alfonz himself was partially aware of his surroundings. Internally, he was arguing like a madman with himself, debating whether or not that he was actually dead, and being punished. It was not an unfamiliar thought, as he had experienced it numerous times before, perhaps not so vividly. Either way, he did not seem to realize that the situation had, potentially, been made worse by his inaction.

Celestia's quarters were seemingly much less extravagant than her sister's. Much smaller, but of no less quality, it was a room of dark blue walls and purple carpeting, with an impressive fireplace in one corner, a large oval shaped bed at another, and a large floor cushion a short distance from the former. A smaller cushion was brought out not far away, which Alfonz was gently placed on.

The Princess took up her own position on the larger cushion, settling down with a content sigh. It was then that she returned her attention to the human before her, staring at him with a quizzical look on her features. She did not seem to know how to proceed. Suddenly, her horn began to glow, and a loud pop sounded in the space between them, followed by a small puff of smoke. The sound caused Alfonz to jolt, apparently returned to the waking world.

"Uhh...what?" he stammered, blinking several times. He felt as though he had just woken up from a coma.

"Welcome back," Celestia replied with a pleasant smile. Alfonz's eyes widened as he realized where he was, and who he was with.

"Yeah...thanks," he muttered, looking around the room nervously. He had been planning to escape, not have an audience with a demigod.

"You seem bothered," the alicorn stated, giving him a curious look. "May I ask why?"

"I've been through some shi-stuff," he retorted, censoring himself for once. He felt it may be in bad taste, as she was the ruler of Equestria. "To be honest, I'm wondering if I'm still in danger."

"I assure you, you are not," she replied with a smile. The princess shifted, giving Alfonz an interesting view of her rear end. "Unless you want to be."

"Uhhh," Alfonz almost yelled, suddenly terrified. "Yeah I'm going to have to pass on that."

"Suit yourself," Celestia responded with a smile, shifting back into a more comfortable position. The man found it rather strange, that it was so easy. It had never been so easy. He felt more than a little paranoid as a result.

"Could I ask you a question?" he said suddenly, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

"Sure."

"What happened to all the stallions?"

"An interesting story," she replied, looking thoughtfully at the ceiling. "They disappeared over thirty years ago, I believe."

"But what happened to them?" Alfonz insisted, his unease shifting completely into curiosity. "How did they all disappear?"

"A series of unfortunate accidents."

"You mean they're all...dead?" he muttered, the color draining from his face.

"Most of them, unfortunately," Celestia replied with a frown. "I'm sure you've noticed the behavior of the mares. As I understand it, they often got a bit...involved...during their intimacy with the stallions. So much so that many did not survive, through some circumstance or another."

"That's really disgusting."

"Those who did survive have long since left Equestria," she continued, ignoring his comment. "As their numbers dwindled, those that remained found themselves to be highly sought after. Many couldn't handle it."

Alfonz was at a loss for words. She talked about the complete decimation of the male pony population so casually. Not to mention, he was right to fear; had he indulged in the ponies' requests, he could have been another 'unfortunate accident'.

"You must understand, the mares cared very deeply for their mates," Celestia assured, suddenly very serious. "They did not mean to harm them; they simply couldn't control themselves."

"Somehow I find that hard to believe," Alfonz murmured, mostly to himself. The alicorn before him did not seem offended by the comment, however. Suddenly a thought occurred to him. "How do you explain the children? Applebloom, Scootaloo...?"

Celestia simply stared at him, confused.

"Oh my god..." he muttered, staring wide eyed at the floor. They didn't exist. None of the fillies and colts seen in the show existed in this universe.

Perhaps, for the better.

"I'm afraid I don't recall those names," the princess replied, shaking her head. "The last generation of Equestrians were born shortly after the stallion's disappearance."

"Nevermind," he replied quickly, moving on from his shock. "What about you, Princess? You don't seem like them; not exactly."

"I've been around for a long time, Alfonz," she replied with a smile. "Intimacy is nothing more than a hobby of mine. I do not pursue it as vigorously as my subjects do."

"And what of your sister?"

"Luna is...unique," Celestia responded, choosing her words carefully. "She believes in the concept of having a mate, or consort, to live with her the rest of her days. I do not believe she is as dedicated to the pleasures of the flesh as the others are."

"Consort?" Alfonz repeated in a mix of horror and disgust. Was that what she intended for him? To be a...consort?!

Celestia only nodded.

"I have answered your questions," she began, giving him an even stare. "And I would like you to answer mine."

"I'll try."

"Why resist?" Celestia asked simply, innocently. "Why go through so much trouble to avoid such a natural thing?"

A difficult question indeed. To explain with any sense would require understanding of his world in relation to Equestria. Either he would claim that in his world ponies were mere animals, and imply that he is part of some slaver race, or he would try to explain that Equestria is fictional, and likely be dismissed as a madman.

"Two things, mostly," he began with some hesitation, planning his words carefully. "First, the whole species thing. Second, a cultural thing. My race...we regard you Equestrians as happy, innocent creatures that make friends and go on adventures," he explained, leaning back on his cushion seat. "I guess I just don't like viewing you guys in such a way."

"Is that so?" Celestia replied, clearly interested. "So you don't find us Equestrians very attractive?"

"Ehh," Alfonz began, looking to the ceiling thoughtfully as his face contorted randomly in response of such a question. "Not really," he said at last, before his gaze shifted back to the princess, but away from her face for a moment. "Though some less than others."

"You don't say?" she responded, shifting the lower half of her body in response to both his words and his actions. Alfonz frowned. So much for subtly. "That is very fascinating."

"If you say so."

"I do," Celestia insisted, giving him a sly smile. He suddenly felt uneasy. "I can see why my subjects are so interested in you. Your rejection is not absolute; you just make it a challenge."

"I'm going with 'no' for 200, Alex," he replied, knowing full well that no one in this world would get the reference. He really didn't care at this point.

"Oh yes," she insisted, her smile growing. "I do enjoy a challenge."

"Please, don't," he muttered, frowning deeply. What the fuck had he done?

"It won't be that simple," she said suddenly, waving a hoof at him. "It would be too easy to force it."

Normally, he would've responded with a sarcastic "gee thanks", but he was much too horrified to speak.

"The challenge is to make you want it."

"Well its been a good talk," Alfonz said suddenly, rising, clapping his hands together. "You're insane. Good day," he concluded, pointing his clasped hands at the Princess, before making for the door. Celestia did little to stop him, simply smiling to herself as he left.

Great. Not only did he have one pony deity trying to turn him into a consort, but he had another trying to break his will! There were no words to describe how screwed he was, no pun intended.

With a loud sigh that seemed to turn into a hiss, he stalked through the halls of the Royal Palace. He had to find a way out, before things got any worse.