• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 723 Views, 34 Comments

The Gunslinger who saved Christmas - Trigger_Finger



Jack, a human from earth, must save Christmas for Equestria

  • ...
3
 34
 723

Prologue

His name was Jack, Jack Paulson. He was 40, he was 6'4" tall, had a large muscular build, his face hadn't aged that much though his face had 2 scars, 1 from his forehead down and the other that went on a diagonal. Though he was born in Canada his family moved to USA and when he was 18 Jack joined the military. He served with distinction for many years and at the age of 40 retired, figuring 22 years in the infantry was enough, and resided to a life of a gunsmith. He mostly stayed to himself but in no way was considered anti-social and if offered he would go out with his friends for a drink or a party.

This all changed last winter, when he was out and about on a daily walk when a flash of light struck him. When he awoke he was greeted by a strange dark forest. After a little exploration he found his way out of the forest and into a town.

At first the town looked to be a ghost town, not a single person was there but suddenly a box landed on him and he noticed some weird horse looking thing with wings in the sky. As it fluttered down to him he realized it had crisscrossed eyes but was rather polite and friendly. Despite being rather freaked out that he was taking to a horse with wings Jack introduced himself and the 2 became quick friends and soon the town became bustling with life.

He was later informed by the local librarian that he was in the town of Ponyville and he was in the lands of Equestria, wherever the hell that was. And after multiple teleportation spells, one of which sent Jack right to the depths of hell, he came to the conclusion that he’d never see his world ever again and that he’d have to live his remaining life in this new world of Equestria.