• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 722 Views, 34 Comments

The Gunslinger who saved Christmas - Trigger_Finger



Jack, a human from earth, must save Christmas for Equestria

  • ...
3
 34
 722

Defying orders

“Pistachio” Shining Armor called out, his elite royal guard-pony had been shot through the head by one of Sombra’s shadow guards armed with and AK47. “Don’t fucking move” one of the shadow guards hissed. Shining Armor had explicit orders to stay outside and protect the outer perimeter while Celestia and the element bearers fought with Sombra.

They had been ambushed and Shining had lost most of his stallions in the fight and now they were being held prisoner. Shining Armor gritted his teeth “You can’t kill prisoners of war!” Shining yelled, one of the shadow guards sneered and shot another one of his soldiers in the head. Shining lept to his hooves and charged the shadow guard but he simply rammed the stock of his rifle into Shining’s stomach and the blow knocked Shining to the ground.

“I’d kill you, but Sombra wants to do it personally… after he kills your sister that is” the guard laughed. He stopped laughing as he listened, the entire group started to listen. In the distance the roar of an engine could be heard, but as it drew closer loud speakers could be heard playing rock and roll

Back in black

I hit the sac

I’ve been to long

I’m glad to be back

“What the fuck is that shit?” one of the shadow guards hissed as the thunderous music got closer. “Uhh I think it’s the song ‘Back in black’” one of the other guards retorted. “Shut your fucking mouth I know what music it is, but what the fuck is playing it” the other guard replied.

Yes I’m let loose

From the noose

That’s kept me hanging about…

The music drew ever closer and the guards raised their rifles away from prisoners and towards the sound of the music. “Whatever comes around that corner… kill it” the head shadow guard ordered and they all kept their rifles trained on the corner of the snow bank.

I’ve been looking at the sky

Cause it’s getting me high

Forget the hearse cause I never die…

The leader shadow guard gritted his teeth as the music could be heard just on the other side of the snow bank, but suddenly the engine revved out and thundered at an incredibly loud rate and all the guard’s jaws dropped as a Ford Bronco burst from over the top of the snow bank.

“Oh shit!” the shadow guard leader screamed at the machine gunner began to fire his mounted death machine.

The thunderous rattle of the M2 hindered the music as Jack held down the trigger on the Browning .50 caliber machinegun. Shadow guards screamed as they were ripped to pieces. Luna pulled the truck up beside Shining Armor and his remaining four elite guards. Jack ceased fire on the already shredded guards and looked to Shining with a wink.

“Looks like I’m saving your ass again” Jack laughed, Shining Armor rolled his eyes as he and his soldiers mounted into the back of the truck. “Luna, get us into the factory” Jack ordered and Luna slammed the accelerator to the floor, the engine roared and hindered the musical tune as Jack swung the machinegun forward towards the massive factory.

Guards stood on the edge of the factory roof and began to fire pot shots at the truck. Jack tilted the machinegun upwards and fired on the guards. One of the guards let out a comical scream (The one from star wars that the storm troopers always make) and fell to the ground. The other guards were either torn to shreds or wised up and retreated back into the factory.

A sports carriage raced out behind them and several gun-ponies leaned out the windows and fired at the truck. Several elite guards returned fire but the carriage had been customized with bullet proof metals and their assault rifles didn’t even dent the armour.

Jack swung the massive machinegun back around and riddled the carriage with .50 caliber rounds. Some rounds ricocheted off but the majority ripped through the car and annihilated the occupants inside. Suddenly, for whatever reason, the carriage exploded and flung upwards in an epic explosion. “Now that’s what I call action” Jack quoted.

“Jack… we have a problem” Luna called back and Jack turned to her only to see her predicament. In front of the factory doors stood a massive barricade of carriages along with several dozen armed shadow guards.

Jack unzipped his duffel bag and pulled out the second ballistic vest, “Lean forward” Jack ordered and Luna obliged. Jack slipped the ballistic vest over top of her body, though she wouldn’t be able to use her wings she would be protected from rounds that struck her exposed chest.

Jack ejected the tape, “Shining… get off” Jack ordered and Shining nodded and he and his elite soldiers disembarked the truck. “Hey uh Shining, if I die… tell Celestia I said hey” Jack laughed and placed a cassette tape into the radio and a somewhat depressing melody began to play. “Alright Luna, ram through that barricade and don’t stop going until we die” Jack replied.

Luna looked to him and quickly leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Jack gave her a look of curiosity, “For luck” Luna replied and Jack gave her a wink and patted her on the shoulder. He mounted the machinegun and took a deep breath as he loaded a fresh belt link into the machinegun. “Alright Luna let’s meet our makers… even if it is at the hooves of dark evil shadow guards” Jack replied and Luna floored it towards the barricade.

If I leave here tomorrow

Would you still remember me…

Several shadow guards lined up their rifles and one of the shadow guards began barking orders. Guards loaded fresh magazines into their rifles and other checked the load on their guns. One of the guards loaded a bolt action rifle and took aim using a carriage trunk as a hoof rest to steady his gun.

For I must be travelling on now

Cause there’s to many places I’ve got to see

But if I stayed here with you girl

Things just couldn’t be the same…

“FIRE!” one of the guards ordered and the sound of gun fire silenced out the tune of music. Jack gritted his teeth and held the trigger down on the M2 Browning.

One of the shadow guards fired an AK47, it rattled in his hooves but suddenly a barrage of .50 caliber rounds tore through his body and shred him to pieces. Another guard fired a G3 assault rifle, he ran dry of ammunition and knelt behind the cover of a carriage to reload but a burst of rounds tore through the carriage and tossed him across the ground, his lower half literally ripped of his top half. “Kill them god dammit” the leader called out. The guard with the sniper rifle took aim but suddenly a .50 caliber round tore through the optical lenses and tore his head off. Several guards began to dash for cover but there was no cover against the unstoppable might of the .50 caliber rounds.

Small caliber rounds bounced off the hardened armour shell of the Bronco and Jack continued to fire his massive machinegun of death. He swept back and forth in a horizontal sweep and held the trigger down. The machinegun was letting out a thunderous tone that hindered that of everything else but the roaring engine of the truck.

The leader shadow guard lifted up a G36 assault rifle with a 100 round double drum magazine and began to fire it at the oncoming truck. Jack concentrated his fire on the leader and he was eviscerated into a fine red mist as the .50 cal. rounds ripped his body apart. He let out an agonizing scream and several others panicked at the sight of their dying lieutenant.

Jack grabbed 2 belts of frag grenades from the canvas sac as the truck barreled through the barricade with unrelenting force. Jack pulled the pins on multiple grenades and tossed them separate way, landing by the hooves of several shadow guards who screamed at the sight of the explosives.

The explosion was thunderous and carriages were tossed through the air as the explosives set themselves off and detonated the other grenades. Jack spun the M2 around and fired off more rounds towards the shadow guards, rounds slammed into shadow guards and carriages alike and tore through them with unstoppable firepower. One of the carriage’s gas tanks caught fire and exploded, flying up into the air comically and landing on several shadow guards.

“Okay well that worked better than I thought” Jack replied and swung the machinegun back around and fired upon guards who had taken refuge in the factory. The machinegun roared in the factory and the echo of the gun seemed to go on forever, it was a truly terrifying sound and several shadow guards simply threw their guns down, got on their knees and surrendered to the awesome might of the machinegun.

However several others weren’t so terrified and were just plain stupid as they tried to stand up to the awesome firepower of the machinegun, only to be cut down in seconds.

“Okay Luna… let’s save the elves” Jack replied and hopped out of the truck. Luna turned off the truck and Jack slung his Spas 12 on his side, holding the M60 in his right hand and a fresh belt link of ammunition in the left. Jack looked to Luna “Okay so where’s the elves?” Jack asked and Luna levitated her M134 out and pointed to another factory door. “In the toy making facility” Luna replied and Jack chuckled “Let’s save Christmas”