• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 722 Views, 34 Comments

The Gunslinger who saved Christmas - Trigger_Finger



Jack, a human from earth, must save Christmas for Equestria

  • ...
3
 34
 722

Battle of titans

Jack kicked down a door and inside sat Sombra as he chuckled to himself at the sight of Jack’s primal entrance. “Ah Jack… it’s good to see you on this fine evening” Sombra chuckled as he stood up. Jack unbuckled his combat harness and dropped the shotgun bandolier along with his revolvers and handguns to the floor. Pulling off the combat ballistic vest he also managed to unsling his Spas 12 and lastly he removed his bowie knife from its ankle sheath.

“Ah… so you want a fair fight, so be it” Sombra laughed and Jack snarled “Knowing you you’ll probably use some sort of magic to your advantage” Jack retorted and Sombra simply shrugged. “You know me too well, Jack” Sombra laughed and a blast of energy shot through his horn and slammed Jack through a wall and into another room where an alicorn sat, tied up in a chair and had obviously been beaten severely. “Please child… come here” she moaned and Jack stumbled to his feet and staggered over. The alicorn looked at him with deathly eyes, “Child I am… the Magical Mare of Hearth’s warming… before I pass I need to know… if you had one wish what would it be?” The Magical Mare asked and Jack didn’t need to be asked twice.

“A friend of mine, Celestia, was killed recently… I would wish her back to life” Jack replied and the Magical Mare’s horn glowed and a burst of energy flew away out the door. “Oh Jack” Sombra laughed as he trotted closer towards the hole in the wall. “Child… you are true of heart… and only a true warrior could defeat an evil emperor like Sombra… please… don’t waste your… powers” she said as she stabbed him through the chest with her magical horn.

It was almost as if she had pieced his heart but for some reason his skin wasn’t cut and he didn’t die. The alicorn pulled her horn back and smiled, “Jack… defeat Sombra… save Equestria and Hearth’s warming… you are the hero that Equestria needs to defend it… don’t let Sombra defeat you… or Equestria… will… fall” she said and with that he head drooped down and she passed away. “Hey wait… what the hell did you do to me?” Jack whispered.

A blast of energy struck him from the side and he was thrown across the room but it was as if it didn’t hurt all that much. He landed blissfully on his feet and clenched his fists, his muscles bulged and it felt as if his power was limitless. He felt immensely strong, like he had been given a key to ultimate power or something.

“ARRRRR SOMBRA!” Jack roared and as he continued to roar his power felt as if it was rising even further. The ground shook and gusts of wind began to blow and it was as if Jack was the center of a tornado. “NO, THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE… NOOOOO” Sombra yelled as a dark blue aurora began to surround Jack. Jack roared even louder, reaching the top of his vocal chords and the ground beneath him began to crumble away like it was smooth dirt, the ground began to push away, leaving Jack on the highest point of ground as the powerful gusts broke the flooring, the building shook violently as Jack’s immense power past un-foretold strength levels for any creature or soul.

“It’s impossible” Sombra yelled and looked to the Magical Mare and realized what she had done. “No… no that fate was reserved specifically for me… It can’t be given to you” Sombra roared. Electric energy crackled around Jack as the shaking building felt more like it was in an earthquake, Sombra continued his rant about how it should have been him and Jack continued to roar. Jack’s muscles bulged even further and his biceps ripped through his duster coat, veins bulging out and his chest burst from the confines of his shirt and his duster was reduced to something that looked like a duster coat without sleeves or most of its front.

Finally Jack calmed down a little and the gusts of wind ceased and the ground had destroyed, it looked like a small crater except that were Jack was standing hadn’t been affected. Jack looked to Sombra, his blue eyes seemed to pierce right into the soul of Sombra and his very sight gave Sombra the shivers.

Jack’s muscle mass had expanded 3 times its original size and he now looked ridiculously terrifying, electricity crackled around his body and Jack unclenched his fists and looked to the palms of hands and electricity crackled in his palms.

Jack gasped at the own feeling of his power. “No… no it’s not possible, it should have been me… I’m the most powerful” Sombra screamed and Jack looked to him with a cold look, a blue jagged aurora surrounded him and flashed brilliantly as a testament to his new found might. Sombra sighed “Well no matter… I’ll just have to kill you off before any-pony sees what new powers you have” Sombra muttered and lept at Jack, Jack simply stood there with a straight face as Sombra slammed his hoof as hard as he could into Jack’s face.

Jack didn’t even move an inch and Sombra pulled back his hoof and gasped. Jack rushed forward and slammed his knee into Sombra’s gut and he slammed into the ground with increased momentum. Sombra growled as he got up and spun to Jack. “I’m surprised… I didn’t think you could’ve survive 3 hits” Jack taunted and Sombra spit blood onto the ground, “What do you mean 3? You only struck me once” Sombra hissed and Jack rolled his eyes “Maybe I’ll have to slow it down so you can see it” Jack taunted and once again rushed forward.

Though he was significantly slower this time he was still much too fast for Sombra to react, and just like a flash of lightning slammed his knee into Sombra’s gut but this time he made it apparent that before he had been traveling so fast that his eyes and body reflexes couldn’t tell that Jack had struck him 3 times. Jack slammed his knee into Sombra’s stomach once more then elbowed him in the back of the neck, slamming his body into the ground just like before, all in under a second.

“Feel it that time?” Jack taunted and Sombra stepped back up, “FEEL THIS” Sombra roared and blasted at Jack with an energy shot from his horn. Jack leaned his body to the left and dodged Sombra’s energy blast effortlessly and Jack simply chuckled. Sombra let out a battle cry and charged at Jack. Before Sombra could slam into Jack, Jack simply swatted Sombra with a back hand and sent Sombra flying through a wall and into another room.

Jack stepped through the massive hole in the wall and gave Sombra a disappointed look. “Don’t look at me like that… you haven’t seen my true powers” Sombra yelled and Jack yawned at his threat, “You wouldn’t be taunting me if I had my full power” Sombra hissed. “Fine… get your full power” Jack sighed and Sombra stepped back, his plan to poke at Jack’s pride had won him a gamble that he knew would pay off.

Sombra, in the same manner that Jack had powered up started to roar and a darkened red aurora surrounded his body much like the blue on that surrounded Jack, the only difference was that Jack had electricity crackling around his body as a sign of his power. “Now we can battle like titans” Sombra hissed and Jack stepped his left leg back and brought his hands up in front of him in a combat stance. “Try me” Jack taunted.

Sombra flew forward, somehow gaining the power of flight, and charged Jack. Jack gasped at Sombra’s increased speed and lept to the side and threw a kick into Sombra’s face as he passed. Sombra crashed to the ground but regained his balance and flipped upwards and landed on his hooves.

Jack stepped back and looked to Sombra with a hesitant smile, “Come on Sombra… where’s that power you ranted on about… all I see is some low class martial arts shit” Jack teased and Sombra roared at the insult and his horn flared and a volley of shots blasted at Jack and began erupting, the explosions literally rocked the factory and nearby walls and the flooring was destroyed by the immense destruction of Sombra’s blasts.

“Take that” Sombra spat but as the smoke cleared Jack stood there, somehow managing to float in mid-air. “What… how did you…” Sombra gasped and Jack shrugged, “Guess the Magical Mare must’ve given me flying powers as well” Jack replied casually, “No… how did you escape my attack” Sombra gasped and Jack gave him a curious look, “You aren’t serious… you didn’t think that that attack could kill something did you?… man if that’s your best than you’re screwed” Jack taunted and Sombra’s face turned beat red and veins began to bulge out from his forehead as he began to lose his cool.

“Why is this happening… it should be me… I should be the one with the Magical Mare’s powers not you” Sombra snarled and Jack sighed, “Because you’re evil… duh” Jack said insultingly and pushed Sombra over the edge of his mental limit. Sombra flew through the roof and Jack floated up peacefully to the rooftop of the factory and set himself down on the roof.

Sombra’s horn began to glow an ever darker flare of red and a large energy sphere formulated above him. “From the depths of hell I summon the power to destroy you” Sombra yelled and Jack sighed as he floated himself down to the snowy ground. “Alright… I’ll make a wager, that bomb thingy won’t even put cut my skin” Jack taunted and Sombra simply laughed as his energy ball continued to grow in might.

Further away Luna, Celestia and the rest of the group dashed out and watched as Sombra gained more power. “What the hell is Jack waiting for… that thing has enough power to destroy the entire planet” Celestia gasped and Luna calmed her sister “Jack knows what he’s doing… I know it” Luna replied as a tear rolled down her cheek. For some reason, about 5 minutes ago Celestia returned from the dead and then seconds later the factory began to shake like it was in an earthquake and all that could be heard was Jack’s roaring voice.

“Take… THIS” Sombra yelled and tossed the red energy ball down on Jack. The ball crushed Jack beneath it and began to dig into Equestria’s surface like a drill. “In a few moments that energy ball will explode and destroy Equestria… but I won’t die, no I’ll be far away on Earth, eating burritos” Sombra laughed but suddenly his sneering smile turned to a dire frown as the energy ball began to float back off of Equestria’s surface.

Underneath the deadly ball was Jack, holding it up with one hand. Sombra’s jaw slacked down and he gasped as Jack tossed it effortlessly into the air like a small stone, it began to fly further and further into the air. Jack cupped his hands together in front of him and a sphere of blue energy formulated in the cup of his hands. Jack let out a terrifying roar and a large beam of energy shot out from his hands.

As the beam connected with the ball of deadly energy the two energy sources erupted into a brilliant explosion that was harmless unless you had sensitive eyes. Sombra’s mouth was still gaping open and Jack rushed Sombra at an incredible speed and slammed his fist across Sombra’s jaw and dislocated it.

Sombra staggered back and mustered a powerful blast of energy that took Jack by surprise and launched him back into the factory.

Sombra flew after him but as he entered multiple bursts of energy struck his body and tossed him back into the factory wall. Sombra fell to the ground with a THUD then staggered back to his hooves. Blood dripped down his face and he popped his jaw back into place with grunt of pain.

Jack flew through the air and gave him a flying kick to the chest and Sombra was hurled across the room. Sombra stood up without wary and gave out a thunderous roar, his power rose to try and match Jack’s. His power rose to a power that could conquer planets but was far below the energy output Jack was producing. “How… how is this possible, I have power seeping into my body from the depths of hell itself yet you stand there like my power is a joke” Sombra hissed and Jack shrugged, “Your power is immense but when compared to me” Jack said as he flew through the air and slammed his fist into Sombra’s chest, resulting in a choking gasp and blood splattered out of Sombra’s mouth as he fell to the ground.

“Compared to me… you’re evil and you are a joke” Jack said with a cold, icy tone. Sombra lept up and with an immense power output, blasted Jack with a powerful beam of energy from his horn. Jack flew through the walls of the factory until he caught himself and levitated himself to the ground.

Sombra raced in and Jack held the Spas in his hands, “weapons are useless” Sombra hissed but Jack paid no mind and slung the gun across his back. Sombra charged at Jack with every ounce of strength he had but Jack simply gave him a powerful uppercut that sent him through the roof. Jack flew upwards and as he met Sombra in the sky he held both his fists together and slammed Sombra’s body to the ground. He unslung his shotgun, the electricity emulating from his body began to course downwards into the shotgun.

“It’s over Sombra… the killing, the murdering… everything. You’re done” Jack told him as he lifted the shotgun and pointed it at Sombra. Sombra stood up and his horn began to emulate with one final energy ball. “Don’t even try it” Jack replied, holding the Spas with one hand, pointing down towards Sombra. “Sombra, this is the end of the road for you, it’s a damn shame… maybe you’ll come back one day as… as a better soul, I’d like that… maybe we’ll have a little one on one” Jack said with a smile.

“Don’t give me your pity” Sombra yelled and launched his final blast, Jack pulled the trigger on the shotgun. It was as if the shotgun had become part of his body and it launched a beautifully powerful, rainbow coloured beam towards Sombra. Sombra’s blast was absorbed into the ever powerful blast from the shotgun and the beam slammed into Sombra’s body, he let out one final roar and within a fraction of second his body was vaporized into dust.