• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 721 Views, 34 Comments

The Gunslinger who saved Christmas - Trigger_Finger



Jack, a human from earth, must save Christmas for Equestria

  • ...
3
 34
 721

The Chase

A layer of fresh snow coated the ground, ponies walked along the streets of Canterlot calmly. On the 2nd story balcony of a restaurant stood a human with an old style western duster coat and a black desperado hat.

“I have eyes on the target” Jack replied into his headset. “Can you confirm target?” Shining Armour replied back, Jack chuckled to himself. At least in this world it was a lot easier to depict targets then it was back on earth. “Dark Blue stallion, medium build, short brown combed mane, unicorn, cutie mark is a white cloud with rain” Jack informed Shining Armour via the headset.

There was a moment of silence, then an answer came “Apprehend the target” Shining replied and Jack walked along the balcony, following the direction the stallion was. The stallion turned a corner and Jack cursed to himself, he flipped his body over the railing and fell to the next story of the building then lept to the snowy ground and rolled to break his fall.

A mare screamed as he rolled in front of her but Jack paid no attention and raced around the corner. The stallion looked back to see Jack racing towards him and began to gallop away down the alleyway.

The stallion, known as Monty Spade, broke through the back door of a building. Jack followed him through the building, which happened to be a clothing store. As they raced into the clothing section Monty levitated out a Mk .23 and quickly fired off 3 rounds at Jack. Jack lept to the floor and slid along the tile flooring as .45 caliber rounds tore through apparel, a seemingly large amount of feathers burst into the air.

A mare screamed and Jack lept to his feet only to see the blue stallion rush through the front doors. “Shit” Jack cursed to himself as he raced towards the door. Suddenly 4 more rounds ripped through the front window of the store, the glass shattered to the ground and rounds whizzed past Jack.

Jack lept through the window that had just been shot down, only to see his target redlining it down the streets of Canterlot. Gunshots went off as Monty fired recklessly at Jack but the shots were terribly inaccurate and ricocheted of pavement and building walls.

Jack cursed to himself again and chased after Monty. Monty raced around a corner and Jack soon followed.

But just as Jack turned the corner a motorized sports carriage raced towards him. “Gah” Jack gasped as he lept up and rolled along the hood and roof of the carriage. Jack fell off the back of the carriage and landed on the hard street pavement with an ‘Oomph’. He snarled to himself as he watched the carriage race away at continuously higher speeds. He looked down the alleyway to see a larger truck like carriage and smiled.

The sports carriage ripped through the streets of Canterlot at speeds ascending 70mph. Monty looked over to his driver, “I think we lost him” Monty said with a smile. His smile turned to a frown as he saw a large road block set up by royal guard ponies. “Blow through it” Monty ordered. The driver gave him a look of concern but Monty’s mind wouldn’t be changed.

Due to the sports carriage’s aerodynamic body it was almost like a wedge and it slipped right through the road block, and as its front end hit the large combat carriages it simply flipped the carriages over and continued on.

Monty laughed, “They won’t be giving us any problems” he chuckled. The driver drifted the carriage around a corner and raced down the street. There was a taxi carriage driving at a slow pace. Monty’s driver passed him at a speed of 65mph and Monty laughed at the recklessness of their driving.

As they went to turn back into their lane a large truck carriage raced through an alleyway and T-boned the driver side of the carriage, killing the driver instantly. The sports carriage was ruined and the driver’s body had been crushed in the crash, his blood now soaked the insides of the carriage. Monty groaned to himself and his vision was blurred from the force of the impact. His vision returned and he looked to his driver, or what was left of him. “Oh shit” he swore as he kicked the door open and made for a timely getaway.

He raced down an alleyway and unholstered his Mk .23. Breathing heavily he swung the pistol back towards the carriage crash hoping for the other driver to be stupid enough to exit the vehicle.

Suddenly the door beside him burst open and Jack tackled Monty to the ground. Losing his concentration he dropped his pistol as Jack slammed him into the ground. Monty threw a heavy punch into Jack’s face then blasted him with a magical energy blast from his horn, Jack wasn’t injured but his coat now had a large burn hole in the chest.

Jack fell onto his back but used the momentum of the force to roll backwards and lept back onto his feet and got into a combat stance. Monty was a little less talented and struggled to his hooves, but as he did Jack tackled him through the door of the building behind Monty.

The door broke off from its hinges and landed beneath them, Monty gave Jack a knee to the side then head-butted him. Jack began to punch Monty in the face and broke Monty’s nose. Monty snarled and blasted Jack with another energy blast, knocking him off his body and onto his back a few feet away from his body.

Monty staggered to his hooves and began to race up the stairwell, blood from his busted nose trailing behind him. Jack cursed to himself, spinning up and landing on his feet he unholstered a Desert Eagle .50 caliber from a chest holster hidden in his duster coat. He charged up the stairs, his mighty pistol leading the way.

Monty burst through the roof doors of building and looked around only to find out he had been cornered onto this roof. “Shit” he muttered to himself as he looked to find a suitable exit but could only think of one, the stairwell.

Jack burst through the doorway of the roof. He lifted the Desert Eagle and held it in his hands as he extended his arms to full length and scanned the area for his target. Suddenly a burst of energy hit him in the side and knocked him to the ground.

He grunted as he rolled himself backwards and back onto his feet only to see Monty trying to make a timely escape. “Not this time” Jack muttered as he charged towards Monty and tackled him to the ground, Monty tried to blast him with another energy blast but Jack grabbed his head and directed the energy blast into an electric box, which burst into sparks as the blast hit it.

Monty threw a punch into Jack’s exposed throat and Jack gagged at the impact and Monty bucked his hips and knocked Jack off his body. Jack rolled sideways then spun to his feet. As he tried to line up a shot Monty threw a spin kick and knocked the pistol out of Jack’s hands.

“Let’s see how much of a badass you are without your gun” Monty laughed and got into a combat stance. Jack positioned himself in a defensive stance and waited for Monty to charge him. Monty did just that, charging at him with full force and launching energy blasts towards Jack with ineffective accuracy.

Jack effortlessly dodged the energy blasts simply by tilting his body left and right. As Monty made for a ground tackle Jack grabbed Monty by his shoulders and swung him to the side and pulled both their bodies over the side of the building roof. They fell 2 stories before crashing through the glass roof of a greenhouse.

Their bodies landed on trays of roses and the plants were crushed under their body weight. “Son of a bitch” Jack groaned as he stood up, wincing a little in pain. As he stood up and a flower pot, containing more roses, smashed against his head and broke into pieces, dirt getting into his eyes and blurring his vision.

Monty took this moment to charge Jack and try to knock him to his back. Monty charged him and tried to perform a ground tackle but despite being temporarily blinded by the dirt Jack reacted to his tackle and reversed the tackle and slammed Monty into the ground with tremendous force.

Monty gasped for air and Jack staggered around. Finding a watering hose he grabbed it and lined it up with his burning eyes. “Please don’t have fertilizer chemicals in this” Jack prayed as he flushed his eyes out with water from the hose.

Jack finished washing his eyes but as he turned a shovel slammed him square in the face. Jack stumbled back but as Monty swung again Jack grabbed the shovel by the wooden handle and tore it from Monty’s grip and tossed it away. Monty took that moment and threw multiple punches into Jack’s chest then blasted him with another energy blast.

Jack flew down the aisles of plants and slammed against a wall. He slid down the wall and slumped on the ground in pain. Monty raced towards him but just as Monty tried to curb stomp Jack’s head, Jack rolled to one side and lept to his feet. Jack preformed a roundhouse kick that dislocated Monty’s jaw.

Monty staggered back in pain and Jack charged into him and smashed both their bodies through the large glass window of the greenhouse and their bodies plummeted to the streets below. Jack arranged both their bodies midflight so that Monty would hit the ground first but unfortunately it was garbage day and there was a large pile of trash bags outside on the street which their bodies coincidently landed in.

“Figures” Jack groaned as he got up but Monty was already high tailing it down the street but he wouldn’t get far.

Monty turned and raced down an alleyway. He stopped for a brief moment and stretched his back, the fall from the greenhouse really did a number on his back. He shrugged off the pain and continued running down the alleyway. He reached the street and began to run down the street but suddenly Jack burst from a group of ponies and tackled Monty through a restaurant window, which smashed beneath them.

Jack began to pummel Monty’s face but Monty rolled their bodies so that he was on top but it didn’t last long as Jack wrapped his leg around Monty’s hindleg and rolled their bodies again. As he began to pummel Monty’s face again, Monty blasted Jack in the chest and the blast sent Jack smashing through the other front window of the restaurant.

Jack laid on the ground and groaned as a group of ponies gathered to see what the commotion was all about but Jack quickly lept to his feet and pushed through the crowd. Monty had burst through the employee section and began to make his way to the roof but Jack was hot on his tail.

Monty burst through the roof door only to find the same problem as the last building. As he turned around Jack jumped through the air and kicked him hard in the side of the head, knocking him to the ground. Monty rolled on the ground and staggered to his hooves as Jack waited for him to make a move.

Monty was breathing heavily, he had no idea how this… human could have this sort of endurance level, it was near impossible to push any-pony’s body to this extreme and then be able to continue like they had just started the fight. “Give up, it’s over” Jack said in a cool, icy like voice. The order sent chills down Monty’s back, or maybe that was simply the winter weather but either way he had shivers going down his back.

“Not even the slightest chance” Monty said his statement muffled a little due to his broken nose. He spit some blood out of his mouth. Monty charged him again but this time Jack let Monty tackle him but as Monty slammed Jack into the ground Jack rolled his body backwards and kicked Monty off his body. Monty flew through the air and crashed into an electric box, Jack spun to his feet and rushed Monty and tackled him as Monty stood up.

Monty blasted Jack with another energy blast and sent Jack spiraling backwards. Monty looked to his side and saw a conveniently placed fire axe in a fire emergency box that, for some odd reason, was on the roof. Rather than opening the box Monty threw an elbow and smashed the glass of the fire emergency box and grabbed the fire axe.

Jack stood up and saw Monty heave the fire axe back then throw it forward, the axe spun through the air, it’s deadly blade cut the air and made an iconic spin noise that you always hear in movies when someone throws a bladed weapon. Jack groaned as he leaned backwards and fell to his back, just as the axe blade missed his body by mere millimeters. Jack reached into a hip holster and unslung a .45 cal. M1911 and took aim on Monty’s chest.

The gun thundered and Canterlot was filled with the thunderous cracks of the M1911 as it spit out .45 ACP rounds. BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM, Jack fired in a rapid succession, each round ripping a fine hole through Monty’s chest.

It was almost as if time slowed down, BLAM…BLAM…BLAM, Jack fired the remaining rounds in a seemingly slow-motion way. The slide it seemed moved at an incredibly slow pace as it ejected the spent brass casing which tumbled through the air and each round tore through Monty’s upper body. Blood splattered out in the slow motion effect as blood fluttered through the air and Monty’s body fell backwards and over the railing of the restaurant’s roof.

Time seemed to come back to regular pace and Jack reloaded his empty pistol with a fresh magazine and walked over to the edge of the roof and looked downwards, to see that Monty now laid lifeless on the alleyway path below. Jack holstered his pistol and lit a cigarette, as he took a drag from his cigarette and blew the smoke in the air he chuckled to himself “Celestia is gonna have a hissy fit about this”