• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 722 Views, 34 Comments

The Gunslinger who saved Christmas - Trigger_Finger



Jack, a human from earth, must save Christmas for Equestria

  • ...
3
 34
 722

Saving the elves

“The door’s locked” Luna informed Jack and he tried to open the door but it wouldn’t budge. “Nah, it ain’t locked it’s just… temporarily stuck in place” Jack replied as he tried to open the door. “Just face it… it’s locked” Luna told him but he refused to believe it.

“Hurry up slaves” one of the shadow guards said as he whipped one of the small ponies, which were dressed in green suits similar in style to that of Santa Claus’s. “Please… have mercy for we are just the elves” one of the elves cried but the shadow guards showed no mercy and whipped the elves harder.

Suddenly the front door burst down and Jack and Luna walked slowly through the front door and, for no apparent reason what so ever, there was a tremendous explosion behind them just to make their entrance even more epic.

The shadow guards turned their attention to them but it wouldn’t have mattered even if they had been waiting for them. Luna levitated the Gatling gun forward and activated the massive machinegun, at rates exceeding 6000 rounds per minute, the Gatling gun mowed down the guards.

Jack followed close beside her and, holding the M60 at hip level with one hand, he opened up on the remaining guards and withing seconds all the shadow guards were slain to pieces. The elves, now covered in the blood of the shadow guards, stood up and gasped at the horrific sight.

Jack and Luna simply walked past them as guards appeared on the watch balcony above the workshop and fired down on the duo. Jack tilted his machinegun upwards and held back the trigger and annihilated them with a burst of deadly 7.62mm ballistic rounds. They screamed as their nerves twitched after they died and as they fell to their deaths their assault rifles still rattled due to the death grip they had on the rifles.

A group of shadow guards burst from the other side of the workshop and fired rounds at the duo, Luna simply levitated her Gatling gun and fired an immense burst of ammunition at them and they were cut down where they stood. Body parts flew as the massive pony killer gun cut down guard after guard.
Another group burst through a shipping door but one guard had come prepared and had an M79 grenade launcher and fired of a grenade round at Jack. The round exploded and sent Jack’s body tumbling through the air. His M60 wasn’t damaged but slid away across the floor and out of his reach. He grunted in pain as he ducked behind a metal shipping crate and the group continued to fire on Jack. “Luna… shoot them” Jack called out but Luna didn’t reply, he looked over to see that Luna had also been tossed in the blast and now lay motionless against a steel assembly line.

“FUCK!” Jack yelled and unholstered both his S&W 500s and burst up from the cover. The revolvers were double action but due to the excessive recoil it wasn’t smart to pull the trigger as fast as you could because the guns would likely just snap your wrist. The revolvers let out thunderous KA-BOOMs as Jack triggered each revolver.

A round from one of the revolvers slammed into the chest of shadow guard who had been utilizing the grenade launcher. A hole was torn in his chest larger than the palm of a hand and his body was thrown across the floor. Multiple other guards shared the same fate. Jack’s revolvers ran out and he cursed as he holstered the revolvers and drew his favoured .50 caliber Desert Eagles with chrome finish.

The guns were relatively quiet compared to the larger 500 magnum but the results were just as deadly. One of the remaining shadow guard’s head was taken clean off as a .50 cal. AE round tore through his skull and the force burst his head apart. Another shadow guard screamed and began to turn and run but Jack fired a round into the pony’s rear and the force of the round flipped him and his body skidded across the floor.

Jack ejected both magazines and loaded fresh ones. He holstered the handguns and raced to Luna’s side. He gave her a nudge “Okay kid come on… Luna?” Jack asked but she didn’t move. His heart sank, “Oh fuck no… come on kid you can’t be dead… not from an attack like that” Jack said as he tried to shake her out of faking but she obviously wasn’t faking this time.

He felt for a pulse but didn’t quite know where to feel on a talking horse… or alicorn, or whatever the hell she was. He couldn’t feel a pulse “shit… shit, shit, SHIT” Jack cursed as he laid her body flat on the ground and began to perform CPR. “Come on… Luna you’re not dying on me… partially because I think your sister would kill me” Jack muttered as he tried furiously to bring her back.

He stopped pumping her chest and a tear rolled down his cheek. “FUCK” Jack yelled and his tears began to drip down onto Luna’s fur. A smile rolled up on the sides of her mouth and Jack noticed this. “Son-of-a-bitch” Jack gasped and Luna sat up “You god damned faker” Jack chuckled and Luna brushed her flowing mane out of her face. “You really do care about me” she teased, saying ‘me’ rather than ‘us’. “Uhm I uh don’t” Jack stuttered and Luna gave him a nudge. “Don’t worry about it… I won’t tell my sister” she teased, again using singular term rather than plural when addressing herself.

Jack stood up and helped Luna to her hooves, he dashed off and grabbed his M60 and loaded a new belt linkage into it.

In a room further into the factory the element bearers along with Celestia battled with Sombra’s top Hench-pony Victor. Victor was a powerful demon from the underworld that Sombra had risen from the depths of hell itself to help him conquer Equestria.

The demon fired a blast of molten lava at the group and Celestia formulated a magical shield around them and effectively stopped the damaging lava. Twilight produced a teleportation spell and transported them away to a safer location and launched a volley of energy shots at the demon. It had literally no effect other than pissing it off further.

Back in the other end of the factory Jack and Luna heard the commotion and were beginning to dash off that way but stopped when they were ambushed by a large group of shadow guards.

Luna’s Gatling whirred to life and spat out a stream of 7.62mm rounds while Jack’s M60 rattled out the same ammunition. The guards were torn apart and stood literally no chance against the onslaught.

Jack checked his watch, they had spent the last little while fighting and it was now 3pm in the afternoon. “Shit” Jack cursed and Luna looked to him, “What’s wrong?” she asked and Jack pointed to his watch. “We have to save Christmas but we need enough time for The Magical Mare to give out presents.

They approached a door where they thought they heard the fighting come from and kicked down the door only to see their friends in a dire situation. Celestia had been knocked down, Twilight had exhausted herself and the others stood no chance against the behemoth of a demon which was now lumbering towards them.

“Hey hothead, hey bozo… over here” Jack yelled out and the demon turned its attention to Jack. They demon let out a terrifying roar and lumbered towards Luna and Jack. “On 3?” Jack asked and Luna looked to him. “3!” Luna said and dashed away, “Shit” Jack cursed and darted away in the opposite direction.

Jack fired his M60 and drew the demon’s attention to him as Luna went to check on the others. The rounds punched through its volcanic rock body and it let out a howl of pain as fire burst from its mouth. “Figures I get the leviathan or whatever the hell this is” Jack muttered as he continued to shoot the monster in the face.

The giant behemoth fell to its knees and Jack dropped his M60 and charged up beside the monster, pulling out both combat knives and using them like ice picks to scale up the monster’s side. The beast howled in pain and tried to swat Jack but it was too clumsy and slow.

Jack easily reached the monster’s head and drove both the knives into the demon’s head which resulted in another pained howl. Jack unholstered both his Desert Eagles and unloaded both pistols into the beast’s skull. The rounds were surprisingly powerful enough to kill it, Jack was thinking he might need a holy relic weapon or something but these worked just fine.

The beast let out a final howl as it collapsed, Jack rode on the beast’s head and the head conveniently collapsed right in front of the group. Jack hoped off the beast and Rainbow Dash’s mouth gaped open, “That’s… that’s impossible, we fought that thing for like an hour and didn’t even scratch him and Jack just up and annihilated the guy” Rainbow Dash exclaimed and Jack simply shrugged.

“Celestia” Luna gasped and Celestia groaned and looked to her younger sister. “Oh my sister… I thought I told you not to come here” Celestia groaned in pain. “Please forgive me sister, but I needed to follow Jack” Luna replied and Celestia smiled. “Dearest sister… you just said I, rather than we” Celestia groaned and Luna smiled. “Jack has really taught me some wonderful things about the holidays, sister” Luna told her happily as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Luna… it is forbidden love” Celestia replied and Jack gulped, “Eh, no-one’s talking about love here” Jack stuttered but Celestia simply gave him a weak smile. “My dearest Jack… I see it in both your eyes, you love each other very much… but your love could never be simply because of Luna is an… an alicorn… and she’d live… a lot longer than you… when you die of natural age… she wouldn’t and would have to live… without her soul mate for the remainder of her life… please don’t be foolish” Celestia gasped.

“Sister… we know what love is, please let’s not talk of this now, we have a shadow king to stop” Luna said with a weak smile but Celestia shook her head. “No… sister, you mustn’t hate… you mustn’t give in to the evils that have corrupted so many souls… rule Equestria with a passionate hoof… not an iron one” Celestia gasped. “No sister… please we can help you” Luna replied but Celestia’s head leaned back and she passed away.

“Oh shit” Jack muttered, he put his hand on Luna’s shoulder and he wept for the passing of the princess. He wiped his tears away and unslung his shotgun just as Shining Armor and his remaining 4 guards entered the room. Jack pumped the Spas and stepped back from Luna. He looked to the others, “I’ll stop Sombra, I promise” Jack said and dashed off, looking for the shadow king.