• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 3,518 Views, 176 Comments

Twilight's Experiments: Saving Chunks - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow Dash lands herself in the land of Minecraft with no way to escape...

  • ...
9
 176
 3,518

Awkward yet Charming Conversation

When Steve woke up the next morning, he found Rainbow Dash curled up on the rug, sleeping soundly. A peaceful setting hung in the room.

He yawned, got up out of bed, and walked over to his storage chest. Searching around for some breakfast, he came across Rainbow’s blue feather.

He picked up the feather, and stared at it blankly. Suddenly, he got an idea.

Walking over to Rainbow Dash, he slowly knelt down, and began tickling her nose with the tip of the feather. She giggled a couple times.

He kept doing this, and eventually Rainbow sneezed, which woke her up.

“Rise and shine, camper. We got stuff to do.” Steve announced.

Rainbow rubbed her eyes, and let loose a loud yawn.

“Five more minutes?”

Steve shook his head.

“Every minute counts for what we’re about to do.”

Rainbow’s curiosity began to rise.

“What are we going to do?”

“We’re going to go hunting for a village. I have a lot of emeralds stashed up, and I could probably get some useful things by trading with some of the villagers.”

“Why does every minute count if we’re just going to find a village?”

“Some villages are far, far away. It might take days and nights to find one. Just in case we’re gone overnight, I’ll be taking the two extra beds that we used on the mining trip.”

“Oh, okay.”

It was silent for a couple minutes while Steve did some preparation work at the crafting table. Steve decided to change the subject while he was working.

“Did you have any trouble sleeping last night? After what you told me?”

“You mean the whole thing about the heat cycle? Nah, it was fine.”

“How long have you been in heat?”

Rainbow Dash was beginning to hate this conversation.

“Why are you asking me?”

Steve shrugged.

“I just wanted to know.”

“A little bit before I came here.” Rainbow answered uncertainly.

“How often does heat come and go?” Steve asked.

“Before I answer, could you tell me why you’re asking? Not many humans like you should care about a random pony’s heat cycle. It’s sort of a private discussion.”

“Rainbow Dash, you’re not just a random pony. You’re blue, you have a rainbow-colored mane, and you have wings. You’re a fantasy creature who dropped into my world by some dumb chance. I’m just into the science of the unknown. That’s why I was so interested in your wings.”

“Yeah, and now you’re interested in my private anatomy? No way, sir.”

Steve shrugged.

“You’re the one who tried to get me to violate you last night.”

Rainbow’s face flushed bright red, and she looked away from Steve.

“Anyway, I think we’re ready. We should head out to go find that village.” Steve stated.

Rainbow Dash didn’t reply.

……………………………………

Steve tramped through the thick grasses of the forest biome, with Rainbow hovering close behind him. There were still a couple mobs hiding under trees from the previous night, which Steve shot with a bow as he passed.

“You know, you could use your hooves to walk. It might give you some better exercise.”

“Nah. My wings are the only things that need to be exercised.”

The duo travelled through several different biomes without talking to each other. At some points, the silence was deafening.

“So……” Steve started to say.

“Are you planning on talking about my heat cycle again? Seriously, I’m starting to think you’re obsessed.”

“I just think it’s interesting! I mean, pegasi are supposed to be mythical creatures, so who’s going to get the chance to talk to one? I want to know as much as I can.”

Rainbow scoffed.

“Seriously dude, nothing to talk about here.”

Steve ignored her remark.

“Does it usually happen at different times with different ponies? Or does it happen to everyone all at once?”

“I really don’t want to talk—“

“What time of year does it usually happen?”

Rainbow sighed. She knew that there probably wasn’t going to be a way out of this one.

“Well, it was getting to be that time of the year again when I got snagged from my world. The annual cycle usually comes around mid-June.”

“How does everyone know when it’s coming?”

“Well, let me just say for the record that I do everything faster than everyone else. Everything. So I’m pretty much always the first one to start getting affected by heat. When it gets to be the right time of year, ponies start to watch how I act. Because once I’m affected, the stallions know it’s time to buckle down.”

Steve laughed.

“What do you mean by that?”

“For some reason, in my world, there are about a dozen mares for every stallion. A whole town could have over a hundred mares, and only about ten stallions. So when the big bad heat cycle comes around, the guys have to run for their life.”

Steve was cracking up. He had never laughed so hard in his life.

“Your world must be a great place to live!”

“For some of the guys, it is! Some stallions like to throw themselves out there during the cycle, while some run and hide.”

“Have you ever chased down a stallion during a cycle?”

“Well, I usually try to keep my stature in front of everyone else so that I don’t look weak. But the effect was so bad one year that I couldn’t keep myself together anymore. After a big Wonderbolts show, I tackled Soarin during a live television interview.”

Steve’s laughter was music to her ears. He completely stopped walking, and was doubled over laughing. Tears streamed down his face.

“That is the most priceless thing I’ve heard since I spawned! Oh gosh, I can’t take it!”

His words were muffled by more rapturous howls of laughter.

Steve’s laughter was too contagious. Before she could stop herself, Rainbow found herself laughing too.

Once they had calmed down, Steve continued asking questions.

“So what about your friends? How do they handle it each year?”

“Well, I don’t know how Twilight or Applejack handle it. Fluttershy usually stays away from public domain until the cycle is over. Don’t ask me what she does back at her cabin when she’s alone. Rarity and Pinkie Pie throw themselves at the guys like they’re chew toys.”

“What would say was the worst heat cycle you’ve ever witnessed?”

Rainbow put a hoof up to her chin.

“Well, there was one a couple years ago where Big Macintosh was literally being chased down the street by a mob of mares. I got the whole thing on video, and I still look at it some nights when I need a good laugh. In fact, now that I think about it, that year was a rough one. Some stallions actually got injured from the heist.”

Steve chuckled.

“I bet being in the hospital wasn’t much better though, since there are nurses there who might also be affected.”

“Yeah, that’s true.”

“You know, when I find a way to get you back to your world, I want to go with you. I’m sure living in your world will be way better than living in Minecraft. This place is lonely, and downright dangerous.”

Rainbow Dash changed the subject.

“Hey, I see something over there!”

Steve followed her gaze, and saw just what he was looking for.

To be Continued…


Author Notes:

I get really disappointed when I don’t receive comments. Please give me your feedback!