• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 3,525 Views, 176 Comments

Twilight's Experiments: Saving Chunks - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow Dash lands herself in the land of Minecraft with no way to escape...

  • ...
9
 176
 3,525

Awkward Moments

Steve had a serious problem on his hands. His best friend…the only friend he ever had…was within inches of her life, and he had no way of escorting her to his house for intensive care.

Steve yelled again.

“I’m so stupid! I never should’ve taken you on a freaking mining trip without your wing! What was I thinking?”

He put his ear up to Rainbow Dash’s chest. Luckily, her heart was still beating.

He looked around warily. To his surprise, mobs surrounded him from all sides. Creepers, Skeletons, Zombies, and a bunch of others stood with their weapons in hand.

Steve stood up slowly with his diamond sword, ready for battle.

A few spiders lunged at him, hissing loudly. He backed up swiftly, and jammed his sword into one of them. The other one leapt onto him and tried to straddle him to the ground. He quickly shoved it off, and sliced its head clean off.

No sooner did he do so, the skeletons all fired their arrows at him, several of the projectiles sinking into his skin.

He screamed, and pulled them out with great force. He then threw them back at the skeletons like javelins, stunning them while he ran at them with his sword.

After toppling the skeletons to the ground, a few zombies and creepers crept toward him. A creeper hissed, and blew up in a forceful explosion. The blast injured Steve greatly, but it also killed a couple of the surrounding mobs.

He reeled his sword back, ready to strike again. But before he could swing, a zombie who had snuck behind him grabbed his sword out of his hand, and swung it at his head.

Steve was knocked to the ground. Two more zombies grabbed his arms to keep him in place, while the first zombie gave Steve’s diamond sword to an Enderman. The Enderman aimed the sword at Steve, prepared to deliver the final blow.

Just before he could do so, he was sent into the air by a supercharged uppercut punch.

Rainbow Dash reclaimed Steve’s diamond sword that had been taken by the Enderman, and started smiting all the remaining mobs with threatening power.

The two zombies holding Steve’s arms made a run for it, and the Enderman teleported away. The coast was clear.

Rainbow helped Steve up, and gave him his sword back.

Steve panted heavily.

“How did you do that? I thought you were unconscious.”

Rainbow gave a cocky smile.

“You can’t keep Rainbow Dash down for long!”

Steve was tired out, but impressed nonetheless. He noticed his pegasus friend had some bruises from the explosion, but she looked like she would recover soon.

“So what do we do now?” She asked.

Steve looked up. The sun was about midway through the sky, so they still had some time.

“It’s up to you. You’re the one who saved my life, so you can decide. Should we continue mining right now, or should we camp here for the night?”

“Let me just say for the record that you saved my life first by finding me in the wilderness. How would we camp here anyway?”

“Every time I go mining, I bring some wooden planks in case of emergency. And since those spiders gave me a bunch of string, I can craft some wool for a couple of beds. What do you say?”

“Wouldn’t it save time and resources if you crafted one big bed for the two of us?” Rainbow suggested.

Steve gave a concerned and suspicious look.

“Don’t you think it’s a little early on for that kind of thing?”

Rainbow Dash was confused, but quickly understood what Steve meant.

“Wait, that’s not what I meant! I didn’t mean…”

Rainbow blushed.

“Relax, I was just messing around! I’ll craft two beds.” Steve laughed.

………………………………………

That night, Rainbow Dash and Steve lied on two separate beds, staring up at the ceiling. Steve had dug a small room into the side of the ravine, and the two of them decided to sleep there for the night.

A crafting table and a furnace sat right next to Steve’s bed, and a single torch lit the whole room.

They lied there in silence, until Steve spoke.

“You told me you came here from another world, correct?” He asked.

“Yeah. What about it?” She replied.

“What is this world like?”

“It’s kind of a long story.”

“Rainbow, we’re lying here in a small room I dug out with a pickaxe at the side of a massive ditch in the middle of the night. I think we have time. I’m all ears.”

Rainbow sighed.

“My world is called Equestria. There are two princess sisters who rule over the land, named Celestia and Luna. Celestia is the goddess of the sun, and Luna is the goddess of the moon. The three kinds of ponies in my world are pegasi, unicorns, and earth ponies. Earth ponies have no special abilities, while pegasi have wings to fly, and unicorns have horns on their foreheads that allow them to perform spells. The two princesses are alicorns, meaning they have wings and a horn.”

Steve nodded.

“What about you?”

“I live in a small town called Ponyville. My home is right on the outskirts of town, in a big cloud mansion. I have five friends named Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity. I am famous in my world for being the most talented pegasus who ever lived. I’m the only one on record who ever performed a Sonic Rainboom.”

“What is a Sonic Rainboom?”

“A Sonic Rainboom happens when a pegasus such as me flies so fast, they break the sound barrier AND the visible light spectrum. A big burst of colorful light flies out in all directions, and a rainbow trails behind us. Everyone thought it was an old mare’s tale, until I did it.”

Steve was confused.

“That can’t be done. The visible light spectrum is not something that can be broken.”

“What are you talking about? Yes it can.”

“No, it can’t. The sound barrier is something that you can break, by travelling at the speed of Mach 1. The visible light spectrum is not even a solid speed.”

“Then why don’t you watch me do it once my wing heals?” Rainbow challenged.

“You’re on. I bet you all the diamond we find tomorrow that it won’t happen.” Steve responded.

“Deal.”

Rainbow Dash spat on her hoof, and held it out toward Steve.

“Um…what are you doing?”

“Aren’t you going to hoof-bump me?”

“Why would I do that? You just spat on your hoof.”

“Exactly. You’re supposed to spit on your hand, and then touch it to my hoof to seal the deal.”

Steve stared at it.

“That’s kind of gross.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes.

“Are you going to do it or not?”

Reluctantly, Steve spit on his hand, and then bumped it to Rainbow’s hoof. He then quickly wiped it on his jeans.

To be Continued…


Author Notes:

I’m even laughing myself, because that ending was golden!
Please tell me what you think of the fight scene, because I’ve never really written one before.