• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 3,523 Views, 176 Comments

Twilight's Experiments: Saving Chunks - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow Dash lands herself in the land of Minecraft with no way to escape...

  • ...
9
 176
 3,523

Gone Mining

Rainbow Dash shuffled with her hooves by Steve’s bed, while Steve did a little browsing through his chests.

“What are you looking for?” She asked.

It took a moment for Steve to answer.

“Give me a second…I almost got it…”

After a little more searching, Steve pulled out a pile of cooked steaks, and an iron pickaxe.

Rainbow eyed the steaks.

“What are those things?”

Steve took a great big bite out of one of them. He glanced up at Rainbow.

“Steaks. Do you want one?”

“Wait, you can eat those? What are they made of?”

“They’re made of cow. I killed them, took some of their meat, and cooked it.”

Rainbow was horrified.

“Eww! That’s the most disgusting thing I’ve ever heard of!”

She started to gag.

“…I think I’m going to puke…”

Steve did a little more chest-surfing. In a matter of seconds, he pulled out an iron bucket, and tossed it to Rainbow.

Then, he turned around and looked out a window. He heard another loud gag, and then a disgusting splattering noise.


He was glad he didn’t have to see it.


“Don’t you have anything else?” Rainbow sputtered.

Once again, Steve did some chest-searching. He pulled out some carrots, and showed them to Rainbow.

“How about these?”

Rainbow gave a sigh of relief.

“Okay, those are more my league.”

Steve handed them to her.

“Why do we need so much food anyway?” She asked.

Steve pulled out another iron pickaxe.

“I’m low on diamonds. We’re going to go mining.”

He tossed the pickaxe to Rainbow.

Rainbow held the metal tool in her hooves. She had a shimmer of doubt, but quickly discarded it.

“Let’s do this.”

……………………………………..

Steve led Rainbow outside, where it started to become morning. He led her out behind his house, towards an area that seemed very mountainous.

“I thought you said we were going mining?” Rainbow asked.

“We are. There are a lot of really big caves in this area.” Steve replied.

“But if we stumbled down into a great big cave, wouldn’t monsters come and attack us?”

Steve chuckled.

“Don’t worry. I came prepared for that.”

He reached into his pocket, and pulled out his diamond sword, and a stack of TNT blocks.

“Yeah, now we’re talking! But…how did you fit all that in your pocket?”

Steve shrugged.

“It’s some kind of inventory that I have. It can fit up to about 36 items.”

Rainbow nodded in understanding.

“By the way, what do you need diamonds for? It’s not like you need jewelry to survive out here.”

“Diamonds are the strongest material in all the land. I can use them for super-strong tools, and also for armor, jukeboxes, and enchantment tables. And because we’re out in a mountainous biome, we’ll be searching for emeralds too.”

“Can emeralds also be made into all that stuff?”

“No, actually. But when you want to trade with villagers, emeralds are the way to go.”

After Steve’s explanation, there was a long period of pure silence. The couple continued to walk, hoping to find some large caves to explore.

“…You know, you must have a lot of weight on your shoulders. You live in a big, empty land of secrets, and you have this destiny to kill a creature from another dimension that’s many times your size. And all this time, you had no one to share it with.”

“Well…you get used to it after a while.”

“Even though I boast all the time to everyone I know, I secretly always thought my life was kind of crappy. But when I look at your situation, I see how I have it good. I have a big house in the clouds, I have a lot of friends, and I’m respected around a lot of Equestria. I’m also Equestria’s best flyer. Or at least…I used to be.”

Rainbow looked sadly at her crippled wing.

“When life gives you pumpkins, all you have to do is make pumpkin pie. I make the most out of what I have.” Steve responded.

“Your life-goal is to travel to some unknown part of the universe, and kill the Ender Dragon. Mine is just to join the Wonderbolts. How do you wake up in the morning?”

Steve stopped walking, and put a hand on Rainbow’s shoulder.

“Hey, I’m still here, aren’t I?”

Rainbow Dash smiled a little.

Steve turned his head.

“By the way, we’re here.”

Rainbow followed his gaze, and saw a massive canyon stretch outward before her. Water and lava poured out from the sides, and a bunch of creepy monsters lurked around at the bottom.

She gasped.

“We’re not going in there, are we?”

Steve nodded.

“It’s too bad you don’t have your wings, isn’t it?”

Rainbow gulped.

Steve grabbed his pickaxe, and started breaking blocks below his feet.

“Hey, how are you doing that?” She asked.

Steve looked up at her.

“It’s easy. You simply put your pickaxe in your hand, look straight down, and start swinging it. The block breaks itself.”

“I have a hoof, not a hand.” Rainbow corrected.

“Whatever.”

Ignoring the little speech mistake made by her cubed companion, Rainbow looked down, and began to swing the pickaxe that was in her hoof. Sure enough, the stone block that lay beneath her broke. She fell down one block, and picked up a block of cobblestone.

“Wow, that’s pretty cool. Is this how you intend on getting to the bottom of the ravine?”

Steve nodded.

“One block at a time.”

“What do I do with this block of stone?” She asked.

“Keep it. In the future, you can place it down to build with it, or craft tools with it. In fact, if you cook it in a furnace, and then craft it together, you can build a house out of stone brick. It’s a pretty good-looking building material.”

“How do you know all this stuff?”

“How do I not? I’ve lived here my entire life.”

While they talked, they kept breaking blocks. By the time their conversation was over, they had reached the bottom of the ravine.

“Okay, now what?” Rainbow asked.

“Now we mine. There are a lot of valuable resources down here, such as coal, iron, gold, emerald, and lapis lazuli. However, we’re still not deep enough to find diamond or redstone.”

“What is redstone?”

“Redstone is a form of wiring in this world. If you place down a bunch of redstone dust, and then craft some buttons, switches or pressure plates, and can make a bunch of cool things happen. Remember those glowstone blocks I used on my ceiling? If you craft those with redstone dust, you can make a lamp that turns on and off.”

Rainbow chuckled.

“That sounds awesome.”

Rainbow and Steve smiled at each other for a short while. Suddenly, Steve’s eyes went wide, and he gasped.

“Hey, look out!!! Behind you!!!”

*SSSsssSSSsss……*

Before Rainbow had time to respond, she was blown off her hooves in a powerful explosion. She hit the ground hard.

Steve ran forward. He picked up Rainbow, and turned her around.

The cyan pegasus was unconscious.

Steve yelled, and thrashed his sword around.

“I hate creepers!!”

To be Continued…


Author Notes:

I’m sorry that took so long! I was very busy over the holidays. Some relatives were staying over the week, and I had a lot of parties to attend. I got a Nintendo 3DS for Christmas, so that also kept me busy!
Please tell me what you think of this chapter.