• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 5,759 Views, 265 Comments

To Change With the Moon - DJ-LUN3RDA5H



A new being appears in Equestria only one problem he wakes up in bed with Princess Luna. How will everypony react to him? Will he be banished when they find out his dark secret? Only time will tell.

  • ...
23
 265
 5,759

Bonus Chapter (10.5)

Morning poured over the mountains. The first rays sunlight filtered in though the treetops to illuminate the inside of a cave. As the sunlight invaded his eyes, John slowly began to awaken. He attempted to roll over, but found his arm trapped. Squinting his eyes and using his other hand to block the sun he identified the problem. It seemed that his temporary "bed-mate" was laying on his arm and apparently they had been spooning all night. They where now laying face to face with each other, Gilda laying tightly pressed up against him. Apparently when the fire when out last night, Gilda had found extra warmth in her friends embrace.

A quite laughed escaped the Lycan as he thought of Gilda cuddling up with him all night, "Aww... how cute." John then began to rub Gilda's shoulder right where her pristine white feathers met her golden brown fur. "Come on." His initial attempts proving futile at waking the sleeping griffin, he began to poke a little more firmly. "Gilda get up. I need to get ready for tonight."

The Griffin groggily mumbled out a reply that roughly translated to "No, too warm. What's tonight?"

"Hmm... Well tonight's the full-moon and I have something very important to show you but I can't get ready if you're cuddling with me all day."

Gilda's eyes shot open wide, "What? Oh uhhh sorry about that." She apologized to her friend while looking up at him in the bed blushing though her feathers. Yet she still lay in his arms not moving.

"If you want we could sleep a little longer, you are going to have to stay awake all night. So you may want to rest." John proposed to the griffin.

"Why will I be up all night?"

"Because what I'm showing you tonight Is going to be very dangerous and the last thing I want to happen is for you to get hurt." He said as he stroked the soft feathers on the side of her head, "You're a great friend and I'd hate to lose you."

"Oh yeah, uh okay." Gilda shifted position until she lay comfortably on the bed with her head resting on Johns chest.

"Sweet dreams Gilda" The Lycan said as he too drifted back into sleeps warm embrace.

~{T}~{C}~{W}~{t}~{M}~

It was afternoon when the two woke up once again, Gilda stood at the mouth of the cave with John as she waited for him to speak. "Okay. So, uhhh.. how do I say this? Anyway tonight I'm going to... change, when the full moon rises I will lose control over my body and transform. Now I'm telling you this because I don't want to hurt you when I change. I will not be myself and I will kill anything that gets in my way. Please, remember that. I need you to stay safe."

"Can you fly?" Gilda asked flatly.

"No? Why?"

"Then I'll be fine. I'll chill on a cloud all night and when morning comes I'll show you how to get home if you wander off to far." Gilda playfully punched her friends shoulder, "Nothing to worry about."

"Yeah I hope."

"So tell me." Gilda asked as she looked off into the distance, "You said your from a different world and you where taken from it and brought here somehow. How are you taking this so easily? I mean I know if it where me I'd be freaking out right now but you seem too relaxed about it. Why?"

"It's simple really I look at this like a new start, a new beginning. Sure I was a little freaked out at first, but I never had that many friends back home and there where people that where hunting me down. I finally escaped, even if it was to here. Hell I don't think anyone would be able to follow me here. The way I look at it I'm free, even if the princess are looking for me they wont be able to catch me."

Hmm he seems confident I wonder what he plans on doing if the guard find him? "So", Gilda asked, "What do we need to do in preparation for tonight?"

John put his hand up to his chin in thought and made a list of items they would need. After that they broke up to gather the necessary items. Only to coming back after the sun set and the moon started to rise. "OK, that about covers it." The Lycan said as he counted up the items again. "Rope, big ass tree, a deer, some aconitum also known as monkshood or wolfsbane, and last but not least my currently empty back pack. Well we are good to go and in good time too I have probably ten minutes left." John looked at Gilda as he mauled an idea over in his mind until he decided to voice his suggestion. "Well there's only one other thing I can think of but you might not like it....."

"What is it?"

"Well it might make him less aggressive towards you if you... well had my sent on you."

"And how would we accomplish that?"

"Well here's the fun part." He said sarcastically had he started to explain to Gilda. Several moments of awkward rubbing up against on another later John sat in front of a tree which he sub-sequentially dubbed "Big-ass Tree Lord of the Timberdom" With the rope tied around his neck and and the other end secured around the trees trunk and up the base of it till it hit a low hanging branch and was tied around the deer's hind legs.

"So," The young griffin said to break the silence that fell between them, "What with the rope contraption?"

"Well the rope is tied to me goes around the tree and to the deer. So when the beast walks forward to try to get the deer he will pull the rope causing the deer to rise up and out of reach like this." John demonstrated by walking forward and like he said the deer moved with him.

"That will really confuse him?"

"Not at all I give it four seconds before he figures it out."

"Then why?"

"Because I like to piss him off when I can." John said with a shrug.

"Ok one other question. Why do I have to carry your clothes?"

"Because if I turned with then on I would ruin them... But don't act like you didn't want to see me naked anyway." The Lycan said before the two broke into a fit of laughter. Laughter which was cut off when John fell to the ground clenching his stomach in pain. "Yeah.. It's time. OH... by the way his name is Robert. AHHHHHHHHHHH"

"What? You named him?"

Gilda could only watch as her friends body tore itself apart piece by piece. She looked on as hair rapidly grew over the surface of his body, bones cracked and popped as he started to get larger and all through the process. The sound of her friend screaming in imminence pain . The screams and continued until he ran out of breath and after about five minutes that seemed like hours to Gilda the transformation was done. In place of the kind friend she made only a couple days prior was now a giant hunched over being, covered in dark brown fur with a tail trailing out behind it. Gilda took a hesitant step forward to try and get a better look at the beings face but stopped when it started to move.

The creature brought it's nose high in the air and took in a deep breath before looking at the deer that hung from a rope a couple of feet above the ground. When it took a step forward the deer rose into the air. The act caused the beast to trail its eyes along the rope. From where it was suspended all the way to where the rope was tied around its neck. A small growl escaped the creature as it brought a hand up to the rope and cut it loose with a claw, causing the deer to drop to the ground with a dull thud. Gilda watched as the beast dropped to all fours and walked over to the deer carcass and began to eat. When it had eaten its fill the beast looked up and its gaze fell on Gilda who froze in place when it began to growl.

Oh.. shit did it just see me? Yep it did. Great my legs wont work. Damn that's a big wolf. Gilda was stuck in place as the beast started to circle her slowly sizing her up, after the second or third time around it walked up to the young griffin and raised it's hand to strike.... causing Gilda to flinch back as she prepared for her end.

But before the hit connected the beast stopped and slowly lowered it's hand to the ground. It buried its nose deep in the feathers around her neck and when its own scent came back to the creature it gave a quick huff and bounded off. Leaving Gilda standing alone in the forest.

Gild spent the rest of the night watching the large wolf like creature wander around the forest from the safety of a cloud high in the sky.

Author's Note:

Ok tell me what you think Gilda meets the beast for the first time. I originally intended to skip this chapter to put it in another story of mine but decided to add it here any way after I was asked to by FrostWyn. Soo... here you go hope you enjoy. Comments are encouraged I want to know what you guys think about the story so far and how you think it will develop. Also just letting everyone know we are going back to Equestria next chapter sounds fun right?
Note: yes this will cause a rather large time gap but if you want to know what goes on during that time gap you should read my fic "The Lycan & the Griffin", coming out soon, but you don't have to because any important info will be put in this story maybe as a flashback or something similar. So I'm not forcing you to read another story as much as I'm trying to lure you into it. :pinkiehappy:

Last but not least please give the story a thumbs up if you like it and please point out any errors on my part. Also any one who wants their OC to make a very short appearance in the story as guard please PM me with a name I only got two spots but I want to see who actually read this entire author note.