• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 5,758 Views, 265 Comments

To Change With the Moon - DJ-LUN3RDA5H



A new being appears in Equestria only one problem he wakes up in bed with Princess Luna. How will everypony react to him? Will he be banished when they find out his dark secret? Only time will tell.

  • ...
23
 265
 5,758

Luna's Chapter (7.5)

As they walked down the halls leading to her bedroom, Luna was trying to gather up her confidence and steel herself for what she was about to do.

'I haven't been in a relationship for so long I don't really know what to do. How much about that has changed since I left?' She glanced over to the human she was walking with and a little red light went off. 'Oh great, I forgot he's not even a pony what if he's not interested?'

She started to panic, though Luna was easily able to hide it due to years of experience from dealing with rude nobles. She was about to just give up telling him how she felt when an all too familiar voice called out to her from the back of her mind.

'What are you so worried about we are the princess of the night, goddess of the moon. If you want him then just take him MAKE him ours. Let your self indulge in the darkness that still resides in your heart.'

Luna stopped walking just a short distance from her room. The voice had made Luna lose her train of thought. 'Nightmare Moon... I thought that the elements of harmony had destroyed you and removed all of my dark powers. How is it your thoughts still poison my mind?'

The voice of Nightmare Moon responded with a laugh. 'While the elements may have been able to remove most of my dark power and left you in control most of the time know that I lay just below the surface and you'll never be rid of me. Plus I still have just enough power to take over when you lose concentration or are weak. So I can do things like this.'

Luna was unable to control her body as it leaned forward and kissed the human standing in front of her interrupting him mid-sentence. She quickly regained control over her body again but she simply stood there rooted in the spot, too scared to move. Her gaze fell to the floor and she was about to utter an apology before she was pulled into another kiss by the human.

She couldn't be any happier at the moment, even though she had momentarily lost control to Nightmare Moon it had turned out for the better. Though she knew she would have to tell Celestia about it tomorrow, this night will be hers to enjoy. Luna's eyes glanced over to her bedroom door and back to the human, he caught her glance and with a smile nodded. Luna felt her cheeks grow warm as a blush crept it's way to her face.

'Tonight is going to be interesting.' She thought to herself as she pushed him into the room. 'I wonder if he would like a full moon it isn't scheduled until next week but I could always fix that later.'

~{T}~{C}~{W}~{t}~{M}~

Luna lay in the bed confused and concerned as the human jumped off of her and set out at a sprint throwing open the doors to her balcony. She called out to him but gasped in shock when he turned around his glowing red eyes piercing the nights darkness. The princess felt a chill run up her spine from the raw emotion his eyes seemed to radiate.

The human jumped the railing causing Luna to run over to the balcony she just knew there was no way he could survive that fall he had no wings he couldn't fly. When she looked over the balcony he was running across the court yard headed away from the castle, far too fast for her to catch up with. Even if she tried to follow he would lose her quickly. She had to

let him go.

'Shame he was kinda cute for a... what did you call him? A human?' Nightmare Moon's voice echoed from the depths of Luna's mind.

'This. This is all your fault you did.... something what was it. What did you do?' Luna demanded.

'I did nothing I only helped you get you feelings out to him after I kissed him you where in complete control. I was just there for the show.' Nightmare replied with a laugh.

Luna started to blame herself for what happened. 'Did I do something wrong? He seemed like he was having a good time and then out of no where just freaked out... I will have to talk to Celestia about this, she'll notice he's missing.'

As she was mauling over her thoughts a howl cut through the night air causing all who heard it but Luna to go silent in fear, for Luna it only sparked a memory about something that she thought had long since been forgotten. It was something she hadn't heard since her banishment.


~{T}~{C}~{W}~{t}~{M}~

Flashback

It was the night of Nightmare Moon's release from her thousand years banishment to the moon. Every month like clock work for the last few years someone had kept her company if only for a night. They had sung her a song, one filled with rage and sorrow it greatly touched Nightmare Moon. The fact that someone could have feelings so similar to her own. She had fallen in love with the song and by extension it's singer. Before long she had decided she was going to meet them and thank them for keeping her company.

Nightmare Moon stood at full height and drew in as much power as she could muster her horn aglow with magic. The air around her began to swirl, her astral mane and tail grew in size and began to swirl around her forming a large cloud above her as her magic gathered. She put all the power she built up into one spell to summon the singer to her side she needed to see them to thank them. Her magic reached out in all directions as she sent out her spell to find the singer and bring them to her it might take some time but she would finally meet them. She put all the power she built up into a spell that would summon the singer to her side. She needed to see and thank them for keeping her company. She released her spell, it might take some time but she would finally meet them.

So she waited. And waited. All night she sat there but they never came. Nightmare was heartbroken once again. As she might never be able to meet the one she had come to care for and looked forward to meeting for so long. So she left. If she couldn't meet the singer that night, then she would make sure that night would never end.

~{T}~{C}~{W}~{t}~{M}~

The voice of Nightmare Moon echoed Luna's thoughts. 'That was... But when? When did he get here?

Luna shook her head to clear her thoughts, 'No I have to focus. I have to get him back to the castle we have to find him.'

She spent the rest of her night gathering trustworthy guards that would be capable of finding and bringing the human back to her. When the day started and the sun began to rise she knew there was only one thing left to do she had to tell Celestia. Everything.

Luna stood outside of her sisters door gathering up her thoughts and trying to think of a way to tell Celestia what had happened last night. With a sigh she knocked on the door three times and waited for an answer.

"Come in." A voice said through the door.

Luna opened the door and walked in the room closing it behind her with her magic. Celestia was sitting outside on her balcony, enjoying the sunrise. Luna walked forward slowly her hoof steps almost silent in her approach, as she reached her sister she slowly felt the wall she put up keeping her emotions in from the long night start to crumble and crack. She took a seat next to her sister just a bit closer then she normally would have. Celestia didn't even have to look away from the horizon to figure out something was bothering her younger sibling.

After the first time she ignored her sisters subtle hints to emotional stress she made a personal promise to herself to never let it happen again. Celestia knew that she had to address this problem soon.

"Sister is there something bothering you?" Celestia asked in a calm even tone that poorly hid her worry.

Luna felt her emotional wall start to crack under a nonexistent pressure, "I.... I have some news to inform you of the human." She said said nervous for no reason,

"Oh... how is he doing? Adjusting well I hope." Celestia said with a smile that started to falter when she noticed her sisters normally strong and regal facade break as she took on a look of sadness.

Another crack in Luna's imaginary wall quickly formed. "I..Uh...Well he was doing fine Up until last night that this."

'Because you drove him away just like how you did with everyone else way back when before you became me.' Nightmare Moon's cruel words rang from the back of Luna's mind.

The wall broke. Luna was silently crying as tear after tear rolled down her face. no one could destroy Luna's spirit as quickly and as thoroughly as herself. It was one of the things that allowed the darkness to take root and cause her transformation into Nightmare Moon. Celestia did the only thing she could and wrapped a wing around her sister pulling her close to try and comfort her. For the most part it worked, just being in a close embrace to her sister had allowed Luna to calm down. Enough to explain most of the previous nights events while leaving out certain details such as what they were intending to spend that night doing and Nightmare Moon's voice. Celestia had enough to worry about in Luna's opinion, she wouldn't bother her with that just yet.

"So..." Celestia began after letting it all sink in, "Well you said that the search party is already looking for him now?" Luna simply nodded. "Good, In that case I think it is time then for us to enact a little idea I've had lately." Celestia walked back into her room and levitated a quill and parchment in front of her and began writing.

"Sister what exactly is this 'idea' of your's?" Luna asked as she walked from the balcony to her sisters side.

Celestia smiled as she rolled up the scroll and threw it into her fireplace sending it off to her faithful student. "We are going to get the elements to release and try to reform Discord. We might need his power now to try and help the human to get home."

Author's Note:

Ok so what do you all think? Nightmare Moon is back and Discords being released yay plot twists. Also some info on how the human came to Equestria. If anyone has questions I would be more then happy to answer. Another thing what to you think about the way I wrote this chapter Yay/Nay? (Pun wasn't intended just a happy accident.) Comments are encouraged and If you like the story thumbs up are appreciated. Now the fun part I want to hear what you all think what will happen in the story's future please do tell. Although I already have where I'm going with the story figured out I would still love to hear what you can think of maybe you'll even give me an idea for a future chapter, for which I will give full credit where credit is due. Also I want to see if anyone can guess right I doubt it though. :)

P.S. Over a hundred favorites that is awesome! I would like to thank you all for reading.