• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 5,759 Views, 265 Comments

To Change With the Moon - DJ-LUN3RDA5H



A new being appears in Equestria only one problem he wakes up in bed with Princess Luna. How will everypony react to him? Will he be banished when they find out his dark secret? Only time will tell.

  • ...
23
 265
 5,759

Healing and learning(10)

Sunlight drained over the mountain tops in the distance. The last rays of light landing in a cave, the light shining over the features of a man as he sat near a fresh pile of logs.

After the fight with the manticore Gilda had suffered a serious injury. A cut from the manticore's claw ran down her side, which was now tightly bandaged with a tee-shirt. She lost a-lot of blood from the wound and the loss caused her to pass-out. She had been out for a while and this caused John to worry about his new friend. His memory still held vivid the images of him carrying his griffon companion back to shelter, while at the same time dragging the corpse of a deer, leaving the offending manticore that he had so gruesomely killed behind.

Over the course of the next few days, he took on the role of her caretaker. The griffon's condition looked grim at first, but over time she proved to be a fighter.

It had been three days since the attack, three days in which he had taken the roll of caretaker. The griffon's condition looked grim at first, but as time passed she slowly got better. So far and she had already regained consciousness twice, though each time was short and lasted only a few short minutes total. The human tried to remain hopeful, he had only left her side once a day and never for long, he would always return quickly with fresh water and enough food for them to share. Sadly he spent those nights eating alone while she slept.

John was resting after returning from his previous search for food, where he caught three reasonably sized fish. They lay on a large stone slab that he had found was rather useful for cooking food. Although it was slow to heat up, he found it stored an immense amount of heat and acted as a perfect grill.

A sound from deeper inside his cave caught his attention. getting up from his spot at the cave entrance he swiftly moved to his makeshift bed that his friend was recovering on. Gilda was slowly regaining consciousness as she looked up her gaze found the man and then wandered around the cave taking in her surroundings. Her dizzy mind slowly processed the new information that was coming in. However her thoughts were halted when two primal desires forced their way to the front of her mind. Hunger and Thirst. these would need to be sedated before she could continue on. Gilda looked back to her host and in a dry scratchy voice spoke, "Water."

The man nodded and produced a canteen filled with water, hanging it to the griffin. She immediately grasped for it and chugged down almost a third of it's contents.

"Careful if you drink too fast with an empty stomach you'll get...." The griffin dropped the canteen and clutched her midsection as a dull pain radiated from her stomach. " cramps." the man finished with a sigh. "Tried to tell you."

Eventually the pain subsided and her thirst was quenched. The griffins mind kicked back into gear and started asking questions, ones that she automatically voiced. "Where am I? What happened? Why am I here?"

The griffin started an attempt at standing, but the man was quick to act he softly pushed her back down into the bed to keep her from reopening her wound with movement. "Yeah you're not going to want to do that. If you want the answers to your questions I'll give them to you but please rest." Gilda simply nodded in reply an action which she followed with a wince that was caused from an irritating pain radiating from her head. "Alright as for why your here, You got injured during our fight with the manticore, the bastard gave you that." Gilda's eyes followed the direction the man was pointing and stopped when she was looking at a freshly bandaged gash along her side. The sight of the blood stained shirt being used as a bandage caused her to grimace, not that she wasn't used to the sight of blood but more to that she had never seen so much of her own blood before.

"That he got me that bad huh? This sucks." The griffin let her head fall back down onto the beds pillow as John continued.

"Yeah, would have been a whole lot worse if I didn't get there when I did. If I was just a bit faster you wouldn't have been hurt at all. Sorry." His gaze momentarily fell to the floor but his mood quickly picked back up when he realized that she was going to be ok. "Any way as for where you are, you are currently in my bed and although I wish it was for more recreational purposes.... you are here to rest and heal until I feel you're ok to move again."

"Oh, ha-ha. Like I'd ever get with you". She sneered sarcastically. "But thank you for helping me, not many griffins around here would do that."

John just waved her off, "No problem. If it wasn't for me you never would have ran into the manticore in the first place."

"What happened after I passed out anyway? All I remember is it coming right at me." The griffin asked.

John gave a short laugh, "Well, here's the funny part. After he got near you I tackled that big son of a bitch to the ground took his stinger and jabbed it right into his eye. Which reminds me... I got this for you." He began to dig though his backpack and after a while of searching pulled out two necklaces and after putting one over his own head he showed the other to Gilda. "This right here is so you can say that you got the monster that gave you that scar. It's the manticore's canine. These are two of the biggest teeth I could find on it. Hopefully It will also give you something to remember me by that isn't as unpleasant as a scar."

"Aww, how sweet." She said jokingly, "But for real, thanks. It's pretty cool and besides, it looks way better on me then it does on you."

"Get some rest I liked you better when you were quiet." He joked

Gilda flopped back down on the bed and watched as he walked over to the fire pit and lit a fire to keep the cave warm for the night

Seeing an opportunity to get some of her questions answered Gilda Spoke up, "So... what are you doing all the way out here anyways?"

John smiled as he looked into the fire, "I'm kinda on the run from the princess's back in Canterlot." Seeing the shocked look on the young griffon's face he explained, "Well it's like this... I appeared here in Equestria ripped from my own world by who knows what, and I woke up in the bed of the moon princess. Fun right? It sucked, because after I woke up I got bucked in the back of the head by a guard and then put into a small room to get interrogated. After interrogating me they say 'oh well you're not that bad let's let you go free'. Then I spend a couple nights chilling in the castle which wasn't that bad. But Princess Luna kisses me and I mean what the hell? Right. So it gets intense real fast but I have no idea why and before I know it I'm on top of her in HER bed. We were so close to doing it, but then she went and fucked up. She raised the damn full moon a whole week early. Just because she could. I wasn't ready for it I thought I had more time... I could have killed her! Hell if I stayed in that castle half the staff would be torn to shreds before any one knew what happened! I wasn't ready...." And with that he collapsed and slid down the wall of the cave, his hands buried into his face.

"Why did I lie?"

Gilda watched her friend as he stared into the fire, finally calming down from his random out-burst with deep breaths. She knew she had to do something so, fighting the dull throbbing pain and soreness she got out of the bed and walked over to him and patted him on the back in a comforting gesture before pulling him into a light one armed hug. The man leaned into the hug and sighed. "I'm sorry about that Gilda I don't know what came over me."

"It's cool. So do you want to talk about it?" She asked as kindly as possible, though questions were now eating her up on the inside.

"Sure." He said sighing as he psyched himself up."So were to I begin hmm... Ok the lie lets start with that. I told Celestia and Luna when I first got here I was a human. Which was a lie. Humans are beings from my world that inhabit it there are tons of them every where. But I'm not one of them, I'm a Lycan. Something completely... different. Now that I think about it I have no idea why I lied. I guess it was just instinct, I was always told to lie to anyone who was not like me.

"Why?"

The Lycan gave a sad laugh, "Because humans are cruel creatures. They let fear control their actions and those who don't fear are mean just to be mean. If they found out we exist they would hunt us all to extinction as they have done in the past. They almost got all of us last time and now we live only in stories. But that's back on Earth as far as I know I'm the only one here. But I still had the urge to hide who I was, what I was. Because I fear rejection, and because I didn't want to scare them and cause them to fear me."

"Why would they fear you?"

John looked out off the cave opening and at the moon high in the sky, "I'll show you in about five days."

He continued, "But for now my friend we have to get you to sleep you need rest to heal." John stood up and scooped the griffin into his arms causing her to give a small eep in surprise before he gently out her onto the bed. While climbing into the makeshift bed him self Gilda spoke up.

"What are you doing?"

"Well, it's called going to sleep it's really simple you just..." He said before Gilda interrupted him.

"No, I mean why are you getting in bed with me?"

"Oh..." the Lycan replied, "Well I have to sleep somewhere and you are in my bed anyways. So until you can fly again we will share this one."

A pair of golden eagle eyes drilled into John's own blue eyes as she contemplated his answer "Fine, just don't do anything stupid." Gilda said, slowly rolling over to get some sleep.

"Goodnight" The Lycan said to his grumpy friend.

"Night."

Author's Note:

Ok so first I'd like to start off by apologizing for the delay between chapters. Yeah... Anyways what do you think? She lives! For now... I may or may not have a bit of a time skip in the next chapter I kinda haven't written it yet but I know whats going into it. If you want to see any more of the Gilda-John adventures and story between them I am currently writing another story called "The Lycan & The Griffin" It's not out yet and I still need an editor for it but I will be posting a link to it when it gets published.

Other unrelated topics- currently I am also working on a one-shot story. It's about half way done so for anyone who cares (Noone) look out for that. Also unrelated it's the 29th(when I'm writing this) who else is getting the new Assassin's creed that's coming out?

Okay, other then that not much else to update you guys on. Please give the story a like if you like it, I love comments and read them all and reply to them as best I can. So comments are encouraged. And I would like to thank all that have given me thumbs up so far they make me smile.

P.S. If anyone finds anything that needs to be corrected please leave a comment telling me what it is so I can fix it.