• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 2,046 Views, 17 Comments

The Seaponies - opuscon789



Join Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie as they discover there's more to Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 2,046

Chapter 2 The Search For Atlantores Part 1

Twilight stormed the floors of the library, thinking about what she saw in her vision.

“I’ve got to find Alantores… I've got to know about the seaponies down there…” Twilight mumbled to herself. “I’ll need some help, though.”

“Calm down, Twilight. You’ve seen them, now you know they’re real. That doesn't mean that you need to do more research,” Spike suggested, but Twilight ignored him.

Twilight instantly knew who she needed. Rainbow Dash was needed in case they needed some speed and strength. Pinkie Pie was needed for her "Pinkie Sense" and her strange ability to defy physics. She was pretty sure they'd both agree, after all Rainbow was always up for a challenge and Pinkie Pie loved to try new things.

“Spike I will be back,” She hurried out, leaving Spike to watch over the library. Walking through town, the smart unicorn first headed to Sugercube Corner. Once she walked in, her friend Pinkie Pie was cleaning the counter tops.

“Hi Twilight! What’s up?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“I need your help. I’ll explain once we get Rainbow Dash,” Twilight responded, already hurrying out of the shop.

“Okey dokey lokey!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, bouncing off behind Twilight. They both went across town to Rainbow’s house.

“You still have your hot air balloon?” Twilight asked when they reached Rainbow Dash’s house in the sky.

“Of course, silly filly!” Pinkie Pie said, pulling out her flying device from behind a nearby tree. Twilight looked at her quizzically and then shrugged it off. She was dealing with Pinkie Pie after all.

The two mares hopped into the hot air balloon and flew up to Rainbow’s house.

“Rainbow Dash!” Twilight and Pinkie Pie called. The cyan pegasus soon appeared before them.

“Pinkie Pie? Twilight? What’s going on?” Rainbow asked, clearly confused. Pinkie and Twilight landed the balloon back on the ground.

“I’ll explain on the way. Follow me!” Twilight said, not wanting to waste time.

Twilight explained about the book she read, the dream she had, and the magic she performed allowing her to “visit” the mysterious seapony.

“You really believe that?” Rainbow Dash asked skeptically.

“Come on, Dashie! I thought you liked adventures!” Pinkie Pie said. Twilight was glad that at least Pinkie Pie was on her side. Rainbow sighed.

“You sure about this, Twi?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I’m ninety nine percent positive,” Twilight replied.

“Let’s go go go then!” Pinkie Pie bounced off ahead.

“Wait Pinkie! You don’t even know where you’re going!” Twilight called, running after the crazy pink earth pony.

“Oops, I guess you’re right! Silly me!” Pinkie Pie laughed, letting Twilight take the lead again.

“Were going to the town of Waterhorse,” Twilight announced.

“Is that the town with the best ship port in Equestria?” Rainbow asked.

“Is there going to be a party?” Pinkie asked jumping up and own.

“Yes Rainbow, and no Pinkie,” Twilight answered both questions. “The book describes that most of the sightings are reported near Waterhorse, so we’re taking the train toward there.”

“I wonder what the ponies are like there?” Pinkie wondered.

“What time does the train arrive?” Rainbow asked.

“I don’t know. Plus, I haven’t bought any tickets yet,” Twilight said as they arrived at the train station. Twilight bought 3 tickets in coach class.

“Well, I got the tickets and the trip will take about a day, but we are going on the night train so we will get there tomorrow morning.”

“Great! this will give me plenty of time to prepare,” Rainbow said.

“See you later, Twilight.” Pinkie bounced away.

Twilight waited the entire day at the train station at the train station for her two friends, which both eventually did appeared.

“Wow, about five minutes until the train arrives,” Twilight announced.

Pinkie got excited “I can’t wait to get there so I can party with them!”

Rainbow looked at her, but realized that’s just Pinkie Pie. Once the train arrived, they all got on the train and headed off.

The next day, the city lights of Waterhorse appeared to them. The city was fifteen times the size of Ponyville. Once the train entered the station all three friend walked towards the ocean.

"Wowie! Look at all the colorific buildings around here! So fun!" Pinkie Pie said excitedly.

"We're not having a party," Rainbow Dash reminded her.

"But it looks super duper fun here!" Pinkie said.

"From what I read, Waterhorse is nothing compared to Atlantores," Twilight said. She hoped to draw Pinkie Pie's thoughts away from their current location and get her more motivated about their destination.

"Are you for realsies?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"As real as the pink in your mane," Twilight said.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's get going!" Pinkie Pie said, nudging Twilight to move faster. The friends reached the beach at the edge of the city.

“Alrighty then. Well, according to the book, it should be out there,” Twilight said, pointed out to the shining blue waters of the ocean in the distance.

“Does anypony have a boat?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I do!” Pinkie Pie said, disappearing. Rainbow Dash and Twilight looked at each other, puzzled. Suddenly, Pinkie Pie reappeared with a sailing ship that said “S.S. Pinkie Pie” on the side in curly pink letters.

“Where did you…?” Rainbow Dash started. She stopped and grinned. “Good job, Pinkie.”

“That’d be ‘Captain Pinkie’ to you!” Pinkie Pie said with a serious expression. That didn't last long and she burst out laughing. “Just kidding!”

Rainbow Dash just rolled her eyes and flew onto the ship. Twilight teleported herself on deck and the “crew” was ready.

“Onward Pinkie!” Twilight Sparkle said, excited that they were finally on their way to the fabled land of Atlantores. They sailed for about 50 miles.

They sailed to the circled area pointed out in the book and looked down at the water.

“Are we just supposed to hold our breaths the whole time or what?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“There was a spell in the book that allows ponies to be able to breathe underwater for three days. It looks a bit tough, but I think I can manage,” Twilight said. “Who wants to go first?”

“Me! Oh pick me!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed, waving her hoof frantically in the air.

“Okay Pinkie. Here goes nothing,” Twilight said, channeling into her magic. She aimed it at the pink pony and Pinkie giggled.

“It…tickles!” Pinkie Pie said between fits of laughter. Twilight finished the magic.

“Okay Pinkie, jump in the water and try to breathe, okay?” Twilight said.

“Whee!” Pinkie Pie cried, jumping into the cool water beneath. She splashed the other two ponies and they shook themselves dry, slightly annoyed. Pinkie’s head popped back out of the waves.

“It works!” Pinkie announced.

“Great!” Twilight then performed the spell on Rainbow Dash and herself. The two followed Pinkie Pie into the water. Twilight felt weird as she took in deep breaths under the water. It was unnatural. She decided she’d get used to it soon enough and the three friends began their descent to the seapony city, Atlantores.