• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 2,046 Views, 17 Comments

The Seaponies - opuscon789



Join Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie as they discover there's more to Equestria

  • ...
8
 17
 2,046

Chapter 9 The Final Battle

As they traveled back to downtown Atlantores, everypony started training up. Twilight, Numeral, and Lyra were practicing offensive and defensive spells, Rainbow was stretching and preparing her muscles for the force of kicking the enemy, and Pinkie Pie was readying her weapons, including her party cannon, party gun, and party straw.

“Are we ready? If I die today I just wanted to say that I love you all,” Twilight said.

“Remember, I am your best bet for survival,” Rainbow said bravely.

Pinkie’s ears started to twitch. “My ears are twitching again!” she yelled.

“Then it’s time,” Numeral said gravely.

“We can do this!” Pinkie said positively. A dozen sharks surrounded them. They were pushing them back into one spot. Rainbow swam upward to try and distract the sharks. Three sharks followed her upwards. Rainbow swam faster and faster with each passing second. She soon reached the top of the water and flew out. The sharks flew out of the water and splashed back in. Rainbow then went into a downwards spiral and slashed back in the water. The sharks followed her when all of a sudden a cone formed around her. Is it possible to do a sonic rainboom underwater? So cool, she thought.

Then there was a big explosion of color burst through the waters, blinding some sharks and pushing them in all directions. The waters were rough and the waves grew tenfold, scaring several local land ponies.

Twilight, Pinkie, Numeral, and Lyra felt the force from the rainboom. It made the bottom of the sea seem windy. Everypony and shark was thrown. It was enough to make a crater in the ground.

“What was that?!” Numeral asked, regaining composure from the event.

“That, my friend, was a sonic rainboom,” Twilight smiled.

“Wow, that was impressive,” Numeral said.

“Rainbow just saved us again,” Twilight said.

“Not yet,” Lyra said, pointing at something in the distance. It was a shark, larger than the other sharks they’ve seen. He was big and scary. His jagged teeth glistened as he came closer, looking like they were ready to chomp down on the first thing that came too close.

“Ha ha ha,” laughed the low voice of the shark.

“Ha ha ha!” Pinkie laughed, thinking that something funny happened.
“Pinkie Pie, stop laughing,” Lyra demanded.

“What? He was laughing!” Pinkie said defensively.

“Not the good kind of laugh!” Rainbow yelled.

“Enough! You little ponies better be tasty. And we have a mix between land and seaponies. How perfect,” he said, grinning evilly.

“Wait, before you eat us, let’s get to know each other a little better? I’m Pinkie Pie, this is Rainbow Dash, this is Numeral, heres Twilight Sparkle, and this is Lyra Heartstrings. What’s your name?” Pinkie asked.

“I’m never telling.” the boss said.

“His name’s Beverly,” one of the other sharks said while he was laughing. Everypony laughed.

“SHUT UP!” Beverly hollered, and everypony did so. Well, except for Rainbow, who kept laughing to taunt the beast.

“Well I guess Beverly is going to kill us all,” Numeral laughed. Everypony started laughing again.

“THAT’S ENOUGH! I was going to go easy on you, but now you made it harder for me. Now I’ll make sure you die in my mouth,” Beverly said.

Beverly chased after the ponies with his mouth wide open. Rainbow and Twilight hid behind a rock.

“I’m going to strike him from behind,” Rainbow said.

“I will ram into him with my horn,” Twilight said.

“How about I throw you toward him and you can ram him like that,” Rainbow suggested.

“How hard can you throw, Rainbow?” Twilight asked.

“Don’t worry about that,” Rainbow replied. She picked up Twilight and spun her like a football toward Beverly.

Beverly had little time to react as the unicorn approached him. However, the water really slowed her down and he had enough time to smack her out of the way. Twilight started to sink.

“Twilight!” Numeral called worriedly. He swam to her side and helped her get back up.
“I’ll be okay,” Twilight said, rubbing the shoulder that got hit.

“Are you positive?” Numeral asked. Twilight nodded and hugged Numeral.

“Thanks for coming for me.”

Beverly gagged at the scene. This distraction was perfect for Rainbow to sneak up from behind and strike the big nasty shark. He roared and quickly spun around, going nose to nose with Rainbow. Rainbow Dash stuck out her tongue and darted off.

Lyra was standing with Pinkie Pie. “Hey Pinkie, can I borrow your cannon?” Lyra asked.

“Of course!” Pinkie exclaimed, handing over the contraption.

Lyra put herself inside the cannon. “It is pretty roomy in here. Pinkie, fire at Beverly.” Lyra sat right under the table so she would not get hit by it once she hit the shark. Pinkie fired the cannon at Beverly. Beverly got hit by the birthday hats, confetti, tablecloth, balloons, and a cake but was not affected by it.

“Is this all you’ve got?” he asked, laughing. Once he opened his eyes he saw a giant table and Lyra. He got hit in the head and it hurt.

“Hey!” Beverly bellowed in rage. “You’re gonna pay for that!” He charged at full speed and took Pinkie Pie into his mouth.

“Pinkie!” Rainbow yelled, dashing to the shark. She kicked him square in the jaw, causing him to spit her out.

“Thank you Dashie! Thank you thank you thank you!” Pinkie thanked. “I was almost shark food!”

“No problem,” Rainbow responded. “Now c’mon, we better get out of his way.” The two ponies quickly swam away as Beverly nursed his hurt jaw.

“If there was only a way to make sure that he does not eat us,” Twilight said.

“I know a spell to make sure that he does not eat us again,” Numeral mentioned, “But it’s really hard to do. I don’t think I can do it.”

“I can do a power booster spell on you and maybe that will work,” Twilight suggested.

“That would be fantastic, thanks,” Numeral said.

“Of course!” Twilight said. She touched her horn to his, transferring power to him.

“It’s just enough to do this spell. Thanks again, Twilight,” Numeral said in mersey. Numeral performed the spell. His magic started spreading all over the ocean. It hit every shark in sight. Beverly started feeling bad in his stomach. He started to barf out all of the seaponies he had eaten. Surprisingly, they were still alive. The other seaponies ran off thinking they might get eaten again.

“What have you done?” Beverly demanded.

“Let’s just say you won’t be eating ponies anymore,” Numeral said, grinning triumphantly.

“What did you do to me?” Beverly asked again as he was panting.

“I made your body unable to digest a seapony or a land pony. You can still eat but not a pony,” Numeral explained. “I also made it attach to your genes so if you have kids, they will also have that allergy.”

Beverly growled and left, unsure what to do now that he couldn’t eat ponies. He guided out all of the sharks. And they never came back.

“Numeral, you did it!” Twilight yelled in excitement.

“I couldn’t have done it without you,” Numeral said modestly.

“You were awesome Numeral,” Rainbow said.

“Yeah!” Pinkie agreed.

“Likewise,” Numeral said, smiling.

“Ooh, I know what we should do now. LET’S HAVE A PARTY!” Pinkie exclaimed.

This time, everyone agreed and they swam off, happy that the sharks were gone.

Author's Note:

This is not the final chapter. you have 6 or 5 more chapters to go