• Published 11th Jan 2012
  • 2,595 Views, 113 Comments

Clipped - Unarmed Pony



Basically, just like the episode "Sonic Rainboom" but with a twist.

  • ...
14
 113
 2,595

Chapter 3

"Good luck!"

"Like I need it" Rainbow and Rarity knew that the response was just a cover for how nervous she really was.

"Rainbow Dash, don't be cocky. It is good to think you can win, but dont say you will win. you don't want to jinx it."

"Yeah whatever"

___________________

"Well. The rest of my tricks failed. Might as well."

Rainbow dash flew up at what she called a "casual" speed. When she reached as far as she could, she stopped and perched on a cloud.

_____________________

"Pinkie Pie, try to stop your tail. It's annoying."

"It's not me. Wait a second. Twitchy tail means......... Oh no" Pinkie's mane and tail fell flat as a pancake. Everypony was looking at her. Finally, Fluttershy spoke up.

"Pinkie? What happened to your mane? Did you forget to wash with your puffy shampoo?"

All she could manage to say was "Dashie....."

________________________

"Ok, here goes. You can do this. You are the best flier in all of equestria. If i do this, the wonderbolts will invite me to join. Lets do this!"

Rainbow jumped off the cloud and spread her wings as wide as she could. Acting like a parachute, it slowed her fall until she thrusted them back as fast as possible.

Rainbow enjoyed the speed, but she knew she could go faster. With another thrust of her wings, she went even faster. She knew she was almost there, so another thrust and a barrier of air formed up around her.

"C'mon! Just a little faster!"

She got into the most aerodynamic form she could and with that, the barrier turned into a cone.

"Yoo can do this Rainbow. Just a little faster!"

With a loud boom that sounding like a million lightning bolts at once, a circle of rainbow colours was left behind as she continued on with a solid rainbow beam following her as she sliced through the skies, faster than any recorded speed. Then suddenly. Everything went black.

______________________________

"Please fluttershy. Your the only one with wings, you have to go after her!"

"But i can't fly that fast."

"You have to try! Please! She's going to die!"

Then a loud explosion made them all look up to see Rainbow Dash's limp body falling through the air with a rainbow trail behind it.

"DASHIE!!!!!!!!"

Fluttershy looked once more at Pinkie Pie, who was now crying, and jumped off of the colliseum, persuing the lifeless Rainbow Dash. She was chasing her for what felt like hours but was only mere seconds.

Somehow, she managed to catch up to Rainbow's lifeless body and grabbed the hooves. She threw him up into the air, and then she stirred.

Realising that she was falling, she slammed her wings open and stopped herself. She looked down to see Fluttershy panicing, trying to stop. She darted down but the ground was too close. Fluttershy was going down to fast, she couldn't keep up.

Fluttershy was descending at an alarming rate. First 40 feet, then 30, then 15 then 0. She slammed into the ground and had made a small crater on impact. Rainbows heart sank, she knew what had just happened but refused to believe it. They had been best friends since they first met at the flight school, She was already crying full force before she hit the ground.

Rainbow weeped over Fluttershy's body, now devoid of life.

A/N

Poor Fluttershy. I didnt want her to go but she was the only other pegasus in the group and Rarity wouldn't have known cause she was in the dressing room un-dazzling herself.