• Published 9th Jan 2012
  • 6,156 Views, 320 Comments

Ponystuck - confoundtheseponies



A story about a filly and her friends, and a game they play together.

  • ...
16
 320
 6,156

Chapter 27

"She could be in trouble. Something might have happened." Despite his usually cool and collected demeanor, Discord genuinely seemed on edge by recent events. Mild wasn't sure whether to be smug that he was staying more focused than Discord, or whether to be concerned that the most powerful member of his group was worrying about something as trivial as Silver's situation. Still, Silver had been gone for a while without sending any message to let them know what was happening. This was worrying, especially since there were so many rogue elements at this stage of the game.

"Whatever it is, I doubt that it's important," Mild said dismissively. "What's important is that Luna is recruiting, which means that it won't be long before they realize what's going on."

"And when they do?" Discord asked Silver's whereabouts still on his mind. "All of their powers combined couldn't hope to stand against me. Still, I suppose you're right. We've been wasting time for too long." Mild nodded in agreement. The sooner everything was in order, the sooner they could move ahead with the plan. And the last thing they needed was to be waiting around when this incipisphere was permanently obliterated.

"So what do you want to do now?"

"I'm going to find Silver. I don't care what you think; she's the most vulnerable out of all of us. Meanwhile, you..." He cast his arms about aimlessly, indicating that he gave an astonishingly small amount of fucks. "I don't know, why you don’t go kill everyone on LOSAF. You can handle that, right?" Not waiting for a response, he took to the skies of Derse and began the journey to Prospit.

***

"I'm just thinking out loud here," Star Swirl said, narrowly dodging between knives. "But ever since Comet turned up and started 'helping' us, everything's been going terribly."

"That's not quite true," Celestia remarked, parrying another knife while driving her staff forwards to connect with the air that had recently held a Thief of Mind. "Luna died before then, and this guy almost killed Silver and Golden. It wasn't until after then that he showed up."

"Well, yes, I suppose you're right." An axe almost slashed into Star Swirl's legs, stopping in mid-air as Celestia knocked Silver hard on the back of her head to break Mild's control. "But then, this guy is from Comet's session, right? And he had Golden helping him enter, for crying out loud."

"So what are you saying?" Silver asked, turning her axe away from Star Swirl and instead using it to attack Mild. "Comet's a bad guy?"

"I don't know about that. He's clearly opposed to Mild, which can only be a good thing." Wresting control of the nearest few knives from Mild, Star Swirl spun them around and sent them flying back towards the God. "But at the same time, simply agreeing to everything he suggests seems like a bad idea. If he was really so great at understanding everything that's happening, then why did he allow this to escalate in the first place?"

"Well, presumably he knows more about everything now that he's been around the timeline a few more times," Silver pointed out. "He did say that it took him a few times to figure out exactly what's happening."

"Urgh, all this time travel is stupid and unnecessary," Star Swirl said angrily. "OK, here's the new plan. We don't explicitly trust Comet, or any of his crazy plans. At the same time, maybe it's worth taking into account his views on whatever. But at the end of the day, the important thing is that we don't spend any more time talking to his group in the past or whatever."

"Are you OK?" Celestia asked, quickly knocking Star Swirl in the head as she noticed his eyes beginning to gloss over as Mild attempted to take control of him. "It seems like you've lost a lot of the patience you used to have with Comet and his group."

"I'm fine," Star Swirl replied, sparing a glance at where Golden was lying, largely incapable of doing anything to help them. "I'm just frustrated. Everything's been going wrong and there's nothing we could do to stop it. I'd rather not play a part in reinforcing this series of events." Celestia thought about that, before nodding in agreement.

"OK, fair enough."

"Do you mind!?" Mild shouted angrily, more than a little annoyed that his attempts at mind control were being dispelled before he could properly take control of any of them. "I'm fighting you here! This isn't just another wave of underlings!"

"Yeah, true," Silver said, deftly knocking away another wave of knives. "Underlings don't have a superiority complex."

***

"Right then, I think I'll head back to LOSAF now," Acapella said, after making sure that Fluttershy and Rainbow's dream selves had been properly balanced in the small alcove beneath the bridge where they had been making their stand. It was basically indistinguishable from the rest of Derse, so hopefully they would be safe there. That was the plan, anyway. "I assume you guys can handle things without me?" Diamond rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure we can," she said dryly. "No offence or anything, but your contributions to our plans don't always work out too well."

"What? But I'm the best at planning!" Acapella protested, flying up onto the bridge where the others - now including Comet and Twilight - were waiting. Diamond raised an eyebrow.

"Ah. So that's why you decide to leave now, instead of five minutes earlier when Ember was still here. Meaning that now you have to fly all the way to LOSAF yourself instead of just taking the MAP there."

"Yes. My plan is great," Acapella said proudly, before addressing the group as a whole. "Well, bye everypony! Good luck and all that!" And with that, she took off into the Medium. A few moments later, Comet spoke up.

"She does realise that Ember will probably bring Summer and AJ here in another few minutes, right?"

"Somehow, I don't think so," Diamond replied.

***

"This is really starting to get me down," Celestia said, once again pre-emptively freeing Star Swirl from Mild's control. "I mean, it's not like I have any problems with constantly beating my friends over the backs of their heads, that's great. But seriously, can't you just give it a rest already?" In response, Mild instead chose Celestia as a target, at which Star Swirl rather zealously smacked her over the head. "That was uncalled for, Swirly."

"I apologise for freeing you from mind control," Star Swirl replied. "I don't know why I thought listening to you complaining would be better than having you try to kill me." A beeping noise distracted all of them, and they all glanced around for the source until Mild drew out his laptop. "Oh, so now who's being rude!?"

[shiningSeraphim (ss) began pestering psychoticDeceiver]

ss: Get over here now

ss: We have a problem

***

"I'd say we're doing quite well for ourselves," Rarity said, as she and the others emerged from the temple on LOSAF. "I wouldn't imagine this particular gauntlet will last us much longer."

"Maybe, maybe not," Rainbow said. "We won't be able to get to the other temples as easily, remember." Their current quest, as far as they had gathered, was to journey to three different temples and to obtain crystals from each. Destiny was, to say the least, unimpressed with such an imaginative and original quest.

"Do we really need to be doing this quest, anyway?" Destiny asked. "Whether or not we finish it has no bearing on our long term goals, and we're all powerful enough to move on to the next section."

"Now, now Destiny, there's always time for a good quest," Rarity said.

"But this isn't a good quest, that's the point!" Destiny replied exasperatedly. "Come on; let's go do something more interesting." And that, a watching Mild Darkness decided, was his cue.

"More interesting?" Mild said, descending from his vantage point on top of the temple. "I'm sure I can think of something..."

"Oh great, not this guy again," Rainbow said with an exaggerated sigh. "This is going to take all of ten minutes."

"Oh, is it now?" Mild asked, allowing himself a thin smile. "I've had just about enough of being pushed around and treated like a joke. You're right, Rainbow, this is only going to take ten minutes, but it's going to end with only me left standing."

"I've been waiting for this," Destiny said, the only one of the three ponies with a large grin on her face. "This will be the first time we've battled fair and square, right?"

"Yes, I believe so," Mild replied. "It will also be the last."

***

Mild had eventually left them alone, but Silver Heart had no idea why. They were in no shape to fight off a God, and Golden wasn't getting much better in a hurry. But either way, they now had a little breathing room. Where was Luna, anyway?

"What are we going to do?" Silver asked Golden absently. Celestia and Star Swirl were still off frog hunting, leaving her alone to make sure nothing happened to Golden. Not that she would be able to fight off Mild if he returned.

"Don't worry about it," Golden said reassuringly. Although he was still in bad shape, he was better than he had been. At that point, he was on his laptop talking to one of the ponies from the other session. "Luna will pull through."

"I hope you're right," Silver said, feeling altogether more cynical about Luna's chances of success. "For your sake."

"Don't be like that. You should talk to these guys like I'm doing; it'll take your mind off of it." Silver thought about that for a few moments, before nodding to herself and opening up a new conversation.

[suspiciousSeraphim (Ss) began pestering homelessChicken]

Ss: Hello!

HC: Oh, hey... uh...

HC: Wait, what?

HC: I hope this isn't too forward, but...

HC: What's your name?

Ss: I'm Silver Heart!

HC: Uh... OK, um...

HC: Why are you talking to me?

Ss: Because all the other ponies in my group are talking to you guys, so I figured I may as well join in the fun!

HC: Right...

HC: I suddenly understand nothing.

That probably wasn't the greatest first impression she could have hoped for, Silver reflected. Absently glancing over to Golden's screen, she saw a red pegasus gutting a gliclops with some kind of umbrella-based weaponry.

DD: And that, children, is why you should never open an umbrella inside.

ES: HA

ES: WOW

ES: that was awesome!

"Enjoying yourself, I see," Silver commented. "So... by the looks of things, are they in any state to come and help us?"

"No. But that's OK," Golden pointed out. "Because there's a significant time delay between our session and theirs. By the time Luna gets there, they'll be powerful enough to help us out."

"And by the time they get back here?" Silver asked meaningfully. Golden was silent for a few moments.

DD: Yeah, OK.

ES: BYE

[eclecticSage ceased pestering desertedDestiny]

"We'll just have to see, won't we?" Silver shook her head.

"Well, whatever. Are you still feeling OK?" Golden had claimed that the pain of talking had subsided. Neither of them was sure whether that was reassuring or worrying.

"I'm fine. Seriously. Stop worrying about me," Golden assured her. "I wish you weren't so concerned all the time." That comment earned him a light punch on the shoulder. "I retract my previous statement implying you cared about my health."

"Shut up," Silver retorted. "If that's your attitude, can I assume that you won't be worrying about me when it's my life on the line?"

"Of course I would worry," Golden replied simply. "I'd never hear the end of it if I didn't."

"Sometimes I don't think you want to be saved."

***

The sight that greeted Discord as he approached Prospit's moon was certainly impressive, to say the least. Huge chunks of the moon had been torn asunder, the intricate towers and bridges cast into the Medium. There was more debris than moon left, to the extent that it was a miracle that the chain still attached Prospit to its satellite. Whatever had happened here, it had been both terrible and glorious in its sheer destructive power. Which made the question of exactly where Silver had gotten to all the more pressing. Quickly diving towards the ruins with a sense of urgency, he began rushing around huge segments of castle in search for any sign of Silver amidst the broken fortress of gold.

As his search drew on, increasingly he would imagine a weak cry for help, or mistake a Prospitan limb for a purple leg trapped beneath a collapsed tower. Actually finding a body would almost have been preferable to continuing to search in desperation. Angrily carving a path straight through a thick castle wall, Discord froze as a limp purple form tumbled out of the wreckage, before quickly darting towards it.

Even before reaching the body, however, he realised it wasn't Silver. It was the Mage, Twilight Sparkle, her yellow dress badly shredded and her legs twisted into awkward angles. Discord had only encountered her once before, on the Battlefield, but she had acted as though she knew him from somewhere. Which was more than a little worrying, he had to admit. Time loops had been on his mind a lot recently, which made sense given the circumstances, and he was very concerned about the implications. Then again, if his plan succeeded, causality could go take a running jump off a tall building for all he cared.

A beeping noise drew his attention, and he quickly conjured up a computer from somewhere. His eyes lit up as he realised who it was.

ss: Hey

ss: I’m ok

ss: If a little disappointed with myself for almost getting killed by an idiot

ss: Good thing I had the map with me I guess

ss: Anyway I’m just going for a bit of revenge

ss: Backstabbing traitor style

ss: So I’ll meet you back on derse once everything’s died down

ss: Although if you happen to see lotaf literally exploding

ss: I could probably use a little help

Well, that was very reassuring. Discord breathed a sigh of relief, although her plans for revenge worried him somewhat. Presumably Silver had been fighting the Prince, Ember. In which case, revenge would mean...

As realization dawned on him, Discord smiled grimly. Sometimes, Silver really was malicious.

***

"What did I tell you?" Star Swirl exclaimed, after he and Celestia had returned from their frog hunting expedition only to learn about Silver and Golden's conversations with HC and DD, respectively. "I distinctly remember saying something about how we shouldn't talk to those ponies any more. Not until we know anything about them, that is."

"Calm down," Silver said. "Nothing bad's going to happen. Besides, since when were you the leader?"

"Since I know more about this game than you," Star Swirl replied plainly. "But whatever."

[suspiciousSerpent (SS) began pestering suspiciousSeraphim (Ss)]

"... well, it's not like I started this conversation, is it?" Silver asked innocently, to which Star Swirl simply rolled his eyes and walked away from her to talk with Golden. Silver turned her attention back to the conversation, not before noting that the display showed a unicorn who looked suspiciously like her. And by 'suspiciously', she meant 'exactly'.

SS: OK, 'Silver Heart', you've got some explaining to do.

Ss: What? Who are you?

SS: I'm Diamond Heart. I'm on a boat.

SS: this boat is about to pick up a unicorn by the name of Silver Edge, who uses the username shiningSerpahim.

SS: I would like an explanation, right now.

So, this wasn't Silver Edge. But Silver Edge's username was shiningSeraphim. That did it. Something really stupid and confusing was going on here.

Ss: Wow, that's... that's a pretty amazing coincidence, isn't it?

SS: I wouldn't call it a coincidence. I'd call it suspicious.

Ss: Oh, of course, I can understand that. But trust me, I've never even heard of you before you started talking to me just now.

SS: well, I'm in Acapella's group.

SS: what about you?

Ss: Oh, I'm in Golden's group.

SS: I see. well that's very helpful.

Whoever this Diamond Heart was supposed to be, she had an even shorter temper than Star Swirl.

Ss: :\

Ss: Well I'm sorry, but if it makes you feel any better I won't be talking to your group any more. Our """leader""" flipped his lid when he found out we'd all been talking to you despite his orders otherwise.

Ss: With triple quotes because I'm implying that he's the only one who thinks he's the leader.

Ss: Stupid lousy stuck up leader.

SS: I like the sound of your leader.

Oh, she did NOT just say that.

Ss: :(

Ss: Well apparently you'll all be talking to us later, but until then...

Ss: Bye Diamond!

SS: sure.

[suspiciousSeraphim (Ss) ceased being pestered by suspiciousSerpent (SS)]

"What did she want, anyway?" Star Swirl asked, noticing that Silver was closing her laptop.

"Oh, she just wanted to figure out what the deal is with how there's apparently three of me running around the place," Silver answered dismissively, as though that was a usual topic for conversation.

"Ah." He was silent for a few moments. "So, what is the deal with that?"

"Fuck if I have the slightest idea," Silver said, putting a hoof to her head as she came to realise just how little sense this was all making. "There's me, there's Silver Edge, who is apparently an evil screwed up version of me, and now there's Diamond Heart as well. She seems like some kind of mix between me and Silver Edge. Why are there three of me?"

"Maybe it's the universe's way of making it up to Golden," Celestia suggested, earning her evil looks from both Silver and Golden. "Oh yeah, like I'm the only one thinking it."

"Maybe this Diamond Heart will be coming back with Luna," Golden said thoughtfully. "Then all three of you will be in this incipisphere, and you can all have a nice chat about everything."

"Yay," Silver said in a flat voice. "I can hardly wait."

***

"Go in peace, Knight," Hemera said, a serene expression on the denizen's face. She had been remarkably helpful now that Summer and Applejack had finally arrived at her palace, which Summer suspected was probably due to her being drained of most of her power by constantly reviving the underlings. Regardless, neither of the two heroes were about to complain that they had been deprived of a boss battle.

"Well then, that's that taken care of," Summer said, as the two ponies began the walk back to the surface. "So, shall we get going to Derse now?"

"Ah suppose. But, now that ya mention it..." Applejack paused, unsure as to why this hadn't occurred to her earlier. "How are we meant to get there?"

"Don't worry about that. I was thinking for a while about this, and I've realised a fairly easy solution to just about any problem you can think of." Applejack nodded for her to continue, to which Summer smiled knowingly as she retrieved her laptop.

[CURRENT mechanicalNoisemaker began responding to memo PSST!]

CMN: And don't forget to pick me and AJ up from LOSAL when you're done with all that

CMN: OK?

PMA: yEAH ok

CMN: Good good

[CURRENT mechanicalNoisemaker ceased responding to memo PSST!]

A few seconds later, Ember appeared in a flash of light, MAP in hoof. Summer glanced at Applejack, with a smug look on her face.

"Right then. Shall we?"

***

"Well, it seems that you are all far too slow for your own good," Mild said, once again appearing in the skies of LOWAF, much to the dismay of the assembled ponies. "So I'm here to make you get a move on with your part of our little plan."

"You clearly didn't get the message the first time," Star Swirl said, as he and the others assembled protectively around Golden.

"Way to make me feel inferior, guys," Golden said, only for Silver to kick a leg backwards into his shoulder. "Oh, way to kick a guy when he's down, Silver." Another kick. "OK, fine, I'll be quiet."

"There's a good Golden," Silver said appraisingly. "If we survive this then I'll get you a balloon."

"I don't like balloons," Golden retorted.

"Shut up, Golden."

"If you are quite finished," Mild interjected angrily. "But I'm running to quite a tight schedule here."

"Understood," Celestia said calmly. "We'll try and beat you as quickly as possible."

***

Returning from another successful frog hunt, Fluttershy didn't fail to notice that the door to the ectolab had been open. Maybe Ember had come back from whatever misadventures he had been getting up to? She wasn't sure whether or not that was a good thing, but it would at least be reassuring to know that he wasn't off getting into more trouble. Cautiously entering the building, she slowly made her way into the main chamber where her frog collection had been steadily growing. Of course, she kept the purest frog in her sylladex for safekeeping - if something went wrong, that frog would take the least successive generations to get things back on track.

What she found on entering the main room wasn't exactly what she had been expecting. Not Ember, but a light purple unicorn with red eyes and an unnerving smile. It was Silver, judging by the axe she was wielding threateningly.

"Uh... hi?" Fluttershy began, in a shaky voice, while taking a few steps backwards towards the exit.

"Hi, Fluttershy," Silver said in a forced voice, mirroring Fluttershy's movements as she slowly stepped closer to the wary pegasus. "I don't suppose you've seen Ember around here anywhere, have you?"

"Ember? No..." Fluttershy froze as a clinking sound told her that her suit of armour had connected with the closed exit. She would need to turn around to open it, but something about the look in Silver's eyes said that would be a bad idea. "Uh, I'm sorry if you came all the way out here for nothing, uh..."

"Nothing? Oh, nonsense," Silver almost laughed, not ceasing her slow steps towards the terrified Seer. "It's just you, me, and a score to settle. What could be better?"

"Wh-what? What did I do!?" Fluttershy exclaimed, before crying out in surprise as Silver's axe connected with her helmet and bounced off with a deafening clang. That is, it connected with the armour instead of passing straight through Fluttershy without dealing any damage whatsoever. That shouldn't have happened.

"I never said it was a score between us," Silver said, once again swinging her axe into Fluttershy's armour and sending the pegasus tumbling to the ground. "Sorry about this."

"I, please..." Fluttershy pleaded, panic quickly building up inside her. She closed her eyes. "... help me..."

***

Across the Medium, throughout the incipisphere, the Seer's message rang out loud and clear to those with the ability to hear it.

... help... me...

Of those few who heard the call, only one knew its meaning and its relevance.

***

"So, Luna," Diamond said, as Ember rather hurriedly disappeared after delivering Summer and Applejack to their meeting point on Derse. "This may be a silly question, but... exactly how are we getting back to your session?"

"With this," Luna replied, lifting what looked like a large three dimensional MAP for Diamond to observe. Three spheres were arranged in a rounded triangle, with a large popamatic sphere in the centre. Within this central sphere was a grey dice with white spots that sported a ridiculous amount of faces, rendering any individual side almost impossible to discern. The three surrounding spheres were more recognisable as incipispheres, two of which Diamond knew very well, which suggested that the third was Luna's. "This is the Paradox Gate, which was created for me by the Echidna from our session. It can travel anywhere in any of our three incipispheres."

"I wonder if there's a reason why it's those three sessions particularly," Comet said thoughtfully. "That seems awfully convenient." Luna shrugged.

"I asked Echidna for a way to get help. Presumably she knew that this is where I could find it."

"OK, sure. I won't question it for now."

"Right then," Luna said, hoof poised above the Gate. "Is everypony ready?"

All ponies present; Comet, Summer, Applejack, Diamond, Twilight, and Comet, all nodded in unison. Luna lowered her hoof onto the dice-containing sphere, activating the Gate and sending them catapulting through time and space.

***

Suddenly, Ember.

A flash of light filled the room, quickly dissipating to reveal the Prince of Space standing proudly between Fluttershy and Silver, a look of pure determination in his eyes.

"Well," Silver said, a little disconcerted by his timely arrival. "How unexpected. And by unexpected I mean totally expected." What she hadn't been expecting, however, was for the far wall behind her to suddenly cave in, and for her to be swept off of her feet and out into the hills of LOTAF. Close behind her, Ember gave chase with his hammer in hoof, using it to smash large clumps of rock and earth towards the fleeing unicorn. Clearly, he was not in the mood. Flying up into the sky, Silver glanced around her for inspiration. She wasn't going to win this fight without thinking ahead, but thankfully she found the solution almost instantly - the large tower supporting Fluttershy's quest bed was in full view from her vantage point. Silver quickly began to soar towards it, narrowly avoiding another huge boulder as she made her way towards the tower.

Eventually landing at the base, she turned to face the oncoming Prince. The journey had been much more exhausting for him than it had been for her, but he was still angrily rushing towards her, blind to any indication of where he was. Perfect.

Hurriedly activating her own transportaliser, Silver teleported directly behind Ember as he swung his hammer at where she had been standing, carving a colossal chunk out of the mountain, causing it to tilt worryingly. Not giving him time to realize what had happened, Silver swung her axe into a perplexed Ember, sending him crashing into the already unstable support. A few moments later, and the entire structure collapsed on top of him, quest bed and all.

Silver waited for a few more moments, searching for any sign that there was a living pony left beneath the rubble. Finding none, she eventually took to the skies and began the journey back to Derse. That, as far as she was concerned, was that.

A fair distance away, Fluttershy sat with the frogs in the ectolab in a stunned silence, as she tried to process what had happened. She hadn't been able to see the details of the battle after it had left the building, although she had heard the collapsing dream tower. She just hoped that Ember had made it through OK. He had saved her, after all.

"She's gone," Ember said as he appearified next to her, quickly storing away the MAP. "But I think I broke your quest bed."

"Ember!" Fluttershy cried as she quickly got to her feet, unsure of whether to be relieved or annoyed. "You saved me!" Ember blinked, looking behind him at the enormous hole in the building, and the terrible carnage which littered the landscape beyond. Most of it had been his fault. He turned back to Fluttershy.

"So I did."

***

"I couldn't help but notice that this is taking a bit longer than ten minutes," Destiny said, Mild barely dodging out of her way in time as she swung her umbrella sword viciously through the air. "That fire's getting a whole lot more threatening, so could we try and wrap this up a bit quicker?"

"I like that plan," Rainbow agreed, nimbly ducking around oncoming needles as she tried to keep a possessed Rarity occupied. "That plan is good because I'm getting tired."

"If you want, then fine," Mild said, landing directly behind an immobile Rarity and drawing another knife. "This won't take that long." Realizing what was about to happen, Destiny rushed towards Rarity, only to be forced back by the unicorn's needles. "I don't think she wants you to save her," Mild said, finding the stupidity of the situation highly amusing. "Maybe you should just let her go?" The knife began its unnecessarily dramatic arc through the air towards Rarity.

"Rainbow, do something!" Destiny shouted to Rainbow, who was standing in silence with her eyes closed. "Or Rarity is going to-" A powerful gale suddenly appeared from nowhere, cutting off Destiny's cries and knocking Mild's knife out of his grasp. In fact, it knocked all three of the ponies who hadn't been expecting the wind off of their feet and into an uncomfortable heap at the base of the temple. Glancing back at Rainbow, Destiny allowed herself to gasp in surprise as she saw the pegasus in mid-air, the gale flowing around her. "What are you doing?!" Destiny managed to yell above the noise of the wind, to which Rainbow answered by scattering Destiny, Mild, and Rarity apart with another blast of wind. Then Mild found himself lifted up by another powerful gust, only to be slammed back to the ground by 70mph winds. Somewhere in the distance, a triumphant fanfare sounded as the Thief and the Rogue faced each other.

"So, Mild," Rainbow said, unable to keep the smug grin off her face. "Feel like running?" The grin soon evaporated as Mild gave his reply.

"I've had enough of running." Flinging himself into the air to meet Rainbow, Mild wasted no time in viciously slashing at the stunned pegasus. Shouting from Destiny and Rarity reached his ears, as Rainbow Dash dropped out of the suddenly calm sky and dropped lifelessly to the ground. "I've had enough of wasting time." This time taking control of Destiny, he smiled as she knocked the needles away from a surprised Rarity and rather unceremoniously cut her body off of her head. Finally descending from his vantage point to stand beside the possessed Destiny just as he had attempted to do earlier, he retrieved one of his knives from Rainbow's body. "And I have definitely had enough of not being taken seriously." And with that, Mild swiftly added Destiny to his rapidly growing collection of dead ponies. "Shit just got real, motherfuckers."

***END OF ACT 3 INTERMISSION 1***