• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 4,156 Views, 78 Comments

AMAZO visits Equestria - KingDogbertXIV



A power-duplicating android from Earth lands in Equestria seeking power.

  • ...
6
 78
 4,156

Chapter 15

The sun was rising and the Everfree Forest was slightly teeming, as usual, with the croaks and growls of creatures not native or liked by the citizens of Ponyville. Few ponies ventured outside the natural trails of the forest, fearing the wild and savage beasts that made the eerie place home. Hidden amongst the thick woods and upon a rotting log sat AMAZO, silently contemplating things. Derpy’s words about AMAZO having nowhere to go after acquiring the power to bend reality buzzed in its head. Had the android completed its programming? If so, then why was it confused and empty? Had AMAZO reached its final evolutionary step? Or was it the other thing that Derpy had said when it attacked Twilight? Who was it when it was attacking Twilight? Twilight was Derpy’s friend, AMAZO’s friend. Why did it attack a friend? Yes, under Celestia’s order, she would use the Elements, but, before Reigns brought it up, things were fine. Was Reigns the reason why AMAZO attacked Twilight, or was it a conscious decision independent of any goading? Was it fear that made AMAZO attack? If so, fear of what? It could bend reality, thus ensuring that the bearers fail. Again, Derpy’s comment about AMAZO not being an attacker sprung forth. Who was it really? Ever since it left Ponyville, it had caused problems for the peaceful creatures of Equestria. Was that its purpose: to spread fear and panic all while searching for power? Moreover, what of Dinky? AMAZO’s only good deed it had done in Equestria was taking care of her. Now, her mother probably hated the android for attacking Twilight. Once again, Reigns’s reminder came to mind. Who or what was truly responsible for the attack? Was it a reflexive action caused by the reminder of the potential betrayal, or was it a conscious action? AMAZO needed to know. Sensing that the Reigns was in jail and just waking up, AMAZO stood up and flew up and towards the jail.

--

“Good morning, Twilight. Are you feeling any better?” Nurse Redheart, a pony with a white coat, a pink mane, and a nurse’s cap asked as she noticed the unicorn’s eyes flutter open in response to a round of morning vitals. On her flanks were markings resembling a red medical cross with hearts in each corner.

“Still asleep,” Twilight mumbled.

“We need to know how you feel. You’re about to be moved to a regular room as soon as the day shift gets their act together. Rainbow Dash and Spike are on their way up here as we speak.”

“Good,” Twilight yawned.

“Now, are you feeling alright? How is your pain level? Annie gave you some morphine a while ago so you should be good for a while. You had a great night last night.”

“I don’t remember it. And my pain’s 4.55 out of 10.” Nurse Redheart then wrote some numbers down, rounding the pain level up to a five.

“That’s because you fell asleep the minute Rarity turned the lights off,” Spike said as he and Dash entered the room.

“Hey, Spike. Hey, Dash,” Twilight greeted.

“Good morning,” Spike replied as he approached the bedside and sat down in a chair.

“Hey,” Dash said, pulling up another chair. “Feeling better?”

“A little,” Twilight said. “It’s still a bit hard to breathe at times.”

“That’s to be expected since x-rays show your ribs are cracked. Whoever the prisoner was, he really worked you over,” Nurse Redheart said, glancing towards Twilight’s x-ray. “Now, I’m off to herd the day shift into getting you transferred. I’ll be back shortly,” she said as she trotted out of the room.

“Any luck finding him?” Twilight asked as soon as Nurse Redheart was out of earshot.

“No,” Spike said.

“For all we know, he might have left the planet by now,” Dash said.

“No, he’s still here. My bruised gut says he’s hiding somewhere close to Ponyville,” Twilight said.

“Where?” Dash asked.

“I don’t know. In fact, for all we know, he may have gone up north to scan Princess Cadence and my brother,” Twilight mused. “I doubt it, though. How’s Derpy?”

“Not good,” Dash said sadly. “She’s devastated that her friend attacked you and is now the most wanted guy in Equestria.”

“Fluttershy’s still with her, though,” Spike said.

“Moving time,” Nurse Redheart announced as she entered the room with two more nurses.

“Let’s roll,” Twilight yawned.

--

“Breakfast time, prisoner,” a pegasus prison guard said as he approached Reigns’s cell with a disgusting looking meal of oatmeal and milk. Opening the cell just enough to slide the food in, he added, “That, and the warden is here to see you.”

“He is? Well, isn’t that special?” Reigns grinned.

“It is since, against my will, I’m releasing you,” the warden sneered as he trotted into view and opened the cell door. “Turns out, there isn’t a single law that you broke. The guard up front has your stuff.”

“Can I eat breakfast first?” Reigns asked.

“No,” both the warden and the guard said in unison.

“Very well,” Reigns said as he trotted out of his cell. “Tell your mechanic that I’m being released.”

“Why?” the warden snapped as his right eyebrow shot up.

“I have my reasons,” Reigns said as he trotted out of view.

--

AMAZO, sensing that Reigns was leaving, floated to the ground and shifted underground to await its prey.
About thirty minutes later, Reigns exited the front gates with his belongings and started towards the hospital. AMAZO, seizing the moment, shifted under Reigns, reached out of the ground with a hand, grabbed Reigns’s tail, then teleported itself and Reigns away in a bright flash.