• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 4,156 Views, 78 Comments

AMAZO visits Equestria - KingDogbertXIV



A power-duplicating android from Earth lands in Equestria seeking power.

  • ...
6
 78
 4,156

Chapter 16

The android and the pony reappeared near a murky pond in the Everfree Forest. AMAZO now dangled Reigns by the mane at eye level. “Why did you do it?” AMAZO sneered.

“Do what?” Reigns asked as he struggled in the air.

“Provoking me and tricking me into attacking Twilight.”

“I was just trying to help you. I was warning you.”

“Why? What do you have to gain?”

“Nothing. Ponies help each other. Or, in this case, they help androids.”

“Your help was not helpful. It cost me the peace that Derpy wanted, that I wanted.”

“You want peace? Equestria was never peaceful. Why do you think dungeons exist? Ponies aren’t peaceful. They never were. They attack and fear what they don’t understand.”

“Derpy and Twilight didn’t fear me.”

“They do now.”

“Because of you.” AMAZO then formed the mace in its free hand.

“And what do you think killing me will accomplish?”

AMAZO then wordlessly slammed the mace into Reigns’s right rib, leaving a huge gash and sending Reigns flying to the ground. AMAZO then lifted the mace above Reign’s head and prepared to swing downward. Before AMAZO could, though, the android noticed something. The gash was slowly closing itself up. After a second or two, the gash was completely healed. AMAZO staggered back in surprise.

“You never scanned me, did you?” Reigns noted as he stood up. “I neglected to mention one thing: I’m immortal, just like you.”

“How?”

“The time the meteor granted me power was over 25,000 years ago. Equestria was but a desolate wasteland back then. While my fellow primitives cowered with fear, I dared approached the strangely glowing rock. It was warm and the night was very cold. I slept curled up next to it, not realizing what its rays were doing to me. But, over the millennia that followed, as I watched those around me grow old and die while I remained unchanged, I discovered the truth and came to accept my destiny: to rule over a peaceful Equestria.”

“Why are you telling me this?”

“Because, one, we’re kindred spirits who desire power and can’t die, and two, you can help me create a peaceful world for Dinky to wake up to. Ponykind is prideful and belligerent and needs a guiding hoof. However, before I fix that, I intend to show them whom to trust. Remember how I wanted you to serve ponies? You, being a stranger, don’t know what they need. I do. Together, we can create peace.”

“What do I gain from helping you?”

“You regain Derpy’s trust and see to it that she can raise Dinky in an era of peace.”

“With you in charge.”

“It’s better than some lawful stupid peahen that attacks the person that healed a filly. Ponies will happily follow a leader who offers food, comfort, and order. With your reality bending powers, you can distribute those better than the princesses can. You can also ensure that Derpy and Dinky have happy lives that include you.”

AMAZO then glanced away and retracted the mace. “Will this truly help Derpy?”

“Yes.”

“I… I need time to think about it.”

“Very well.”

AMAZO then flew up and super sped out of sight towards Canterlot, leaving the immortal pony to resume his trek to Ponyville General.

--

“Spitfire, I got a visual of something gold and travelling at a very fast speed towards Canterlot. Do I approach?” Soarin’ asked as he hovered a few yards from the edge of the forest.

“I see it. I think it’s our android. Let’s see if we can warn the princess,” Spitfire said as she took off after the android.

“But he’s too fast. We’ll never make it in time,” Soarin’ shouted, taking off after Spitfire.

“If not, then we can at least be Princess Celestia’s backup if things go south.”

“Right… This is going to end badly, isn’t it?”

“Probably.”

--

“I just don’t understand it, Fluttershy. One minute he’s sitting in his cell, then, the next, he’s beating Twilight,” Derpy said sadly. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying. “How does somebody go from healing fillies to assaulting innocent ponies?”

“I…um…don’t know. I’ve never actually met AMAZO before so I don’t know what he’s like,” Fluttershy pointed out.

“He used to be caring towards ponies except when he was directly challenged. Now, everypony wants his head on a plate. Call me naïve, but I think he’s just confused, not evil.”

“Everypony, I believe, deserves a second chance.”

“But he’s not a pony. He’s an android that travels the cosmos searching for power who is now a fugitive. What’s worse is that I have no way of talking to him without causing an incident. Even if I could, I haven’t a clue as to where he is or what he’s doing. I feel bad for saying this, but I felt that Equestria was safer with him locked up, even if it was under his own choice.”

“I know,” Fluttershy said sadly, hugging Derpy.

“I just wish there was a way to talk to him w…,” Derpy trailed off. “That’s it!”

“What’s ‘it’?”

“I need to see Twilight right away. Can you watch Dinky?”

“Of course.”

“Thanks,” Derpy called as she flew out the window.