• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 4,156 Views, 78 Comments

AMAZO visits Equestria - KingDogbertXIV



A power-duplicating android from Earth lands in Equestria seeking power.

  • ...
6
 78
 4,156

Chapter 14

“Ugh... What happened?” Twilight moaned to nopony in particular as her eyes fluttered opened. Slowly taking in her surroundings, she groggily concluded that there was a sharp pain in her chest and stomach and that she was in a room in Ponyville General’s ICU wing. She then groaned in pain again.

“She’s awake,” Dash’s voice said from across the room. Instantly, Spike, Dash, Annie, and Rarity, a white unicorn with long purple mane with fabulously curled ends, surrounded Twilight. On her flanks were markings resembling a trio of four-sided diamonds. “How do you feel, Twilight?”

“Terrible,” Twilight coughed. “What happened?”

“AMAZO attacked you, Twilight. He went nuts when you said that, if the princess ordered it, you would use the Elements of Harmony on him. Fluttershy is at Derpy’s house trying to console her,” Annie said with worry.

“I wrote to Princess Celestia a few hours ago. She’s already given the order,” Spike said. “She has every available unit looking for him.”

“And they have guards patrolling around Derpy’s house. Poor thing,” Rarity said.

“The Wonderbolts came by and gave us our Elements,” Dash said, gesturing towards a pile of necklaces and a tiara on a nearby table.

“How long was I out?” Twilight moaned.

“It’s night now. You’ve been out all afternoon and evening. You have a bruised stomach and a few cracked ribs,” Annie said. “You’ll be fine in a few days.”

“The jail’s surveillance cameras saw everything. Reigns is being held for questioning about his conning AMAZO into escaping,” Dash said.

“Good,” Twilight said. “He’s the reason why I’m here.”

“Now, darling, if I heard right from Annie earlier, you were the one that said you would betray AMAZO. You yourself set him off,” Rarity pointed out.

“In fact, a few days ago, AMAZO mentioned that he was once betrayed before. It was a sore subject for him,” Spike said.

“That explains why he flipped out and attacked Twilight. He saw her at a traitor,” Dash said.

“The only reason he didn’t kill her was because Derpy told him to stop,” Annie said as she flushed Twilight’s IV. The lavender unicorn winced at the burning sensation.

“What about the guards at his jail cell? Didn’t the warden make sure that he couldn’t escape without them attacking?” Rarity asked.

“The guards gave us privacy, not thinking that he would escape while Derpy was there,” Annie answered.

“Does anypony have a clue as to where he might be?” Dash asked. “Would he be back at Canterlot?”

“I don’t know, Dash. My body hurts too much to think right now,” Twilight said.

“Then rest, dear. We’ll see you tomorrow,” Rarity said, telekinetically turning out the lights.

Sleep then quickly found its way into Twilight’s mind as her friends were bidding her good night.

--

The warden’s blood was boiling and his nerves were shot. Not only did his prisoner makes half its cell vanish into nothing and attack a visitor, but now, he was dealing with a failed interrogation.

Taking a gulp of coffee, Warden Penn tiredly asked, “Any luck?”

“Reigns still refuses to explain why he turned AMAZO against Twilight Sparkle, sir,” a guard answered. “If I may, sir, why did nopony stop Reigns before he fully planted the seed?”

“Because we’re idiots,” the warden snapped. “We let him stand there and spoon-feed our prisoner ideas about escaping all in the name of not bothering the visitors! We thought Derpy could keep him from escaping, but no! Now we’re out a prisoner and we have injured visitors to add to our report this month! On top of that, we have to get this screwball to tell us why he made this all happen!”

“It’s getting late, sir. We’re about to order bedtime. What are your orders?”

“Stuff him into an empty cell until morning. There’s one next to AMAZO’s now empty cell. I’ll sort him out tomorrow.”

“Yes sir,” the guard said before returning to the interrogation room.

“I need a vacation,” the warden mumbled.

--

“Here we are again, looking for AMAZO,” Soarin’ sighed as he bit into his late dinner of fruit salad. “Except, this time, we have orders to report his location to Princess Celestia and avoid confronting him. If you ask me, this is just a wild goose chase if not a suicide mission. I mean, how do we even know he’s still in Equestria?”

“Because Derpy,” Spitfire said, sipping her iced tea.

“Pardon?”

“Celestia’s report said that Derpy and Dinky are the only ponies on the planet that AMAZO cares about. Case in point, he stopped beating Twilight at Derpy’s request.”

“Here’s another problem: How do they plan on keeping AMAZO still for long enough to use the Elements? He knows that, the minute that Twilight is well, he’s in trouble.”

“I guess Princess Celestia will probably fight him and wear him down until the bearers can get a clear shot.”

“But he can bend reality now. What’s keeping him from just poofing Princess Celestia and the Element bearers to another dimension?”

“I guess nothing. For all intents and purposes, he’s a god with no reservations about attacking innocent ponies if he sees them as a threat.”

“If he does that, then how do we win?”

“We can’t. Our only hope is to get him with the Elements as soon as possible. Before that, though, we need to find him.”

“Can I get dessert first?”

Spitfire then facehoofed with a sigh.

--

Reigns silently watched the other prisons go by as he was being escorted down the hall to his cell by two pegasi guards. Most were getting ready for bed or were already asleep. At the end of the hall was where AMAZO’s cell was. Empty cells surrounded it on both sides and on the opposite wall. Fixit was currently replacing the missing laser bars in AMAZO’s cell with the standard steel bars that the other cells had.

“New prisoner?” Fixit asked without looking up as the guards herded Reigns into the open cell next to AMAZO’s.

“Yeah. He’s the guy that got AMAZO to escape and attack a visitor. His belongings show that he works at the Canterlot Medical Center,” one guard said.

“How?” Fixit asked, still not looking up.

“By reminding him that he has to fear one of his friends, the bearer of the Element of Magic,” Reigns said. “I meant no harm. I was simply giving him advice.”

“Sure, buddy,” the second guard said as he closed the cell door and locked it.

“Oh, I’m serious. Or was it wrong to warn him of Twilight Sparkle’s blind obedience?” Reigns grinned.

“You played him like a fiddle,” the first guard said. “Why?”

“I played nopony. But, as expected, you won’t believe me,” Reigns said.

“You played an android, not a pony,” Fixit pointed out as he tightened a screw.

“No,” Reigns said, sitting down. “I played nopony or android.”

“Right,” the second guard muttered. Turning toward Fixit, he asked, “You done yet? The prisoners can’t sleep with you making noise.”

“Almost. Genius can’t be rushed,” Fixit said.

“Genius, huh?” Reigns asked, turning towards Fixit. “You know, I have a few invention plans that you might like.”

“Like what?” Fixit asked.

“Mostly medical equipment.” Reigns replied. “Oh, and some minor non-medical things. Meet me at the edge of the Everfree Forest the midnight after I’m released. I’ll give you a demonstration of my latest invention.”

“Will do, partner. I’m done here and I’m headed home. It’s been a rough day,” Fixit said as he levitated his tools into his toolbox. “Good night,” he said as he trotted off, toolbox now levitating behind him.

“Good night,” Reigns grinned before lying down and dozing off.