• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 4,156 Views, 78 Comments

AMAZO visits Equestria - KingDogbertXIV



A power-duplicating android from Earth lands in Equestria seeking power.

  • ...
6
 78
 4,156

Chapter 12

“I’ve never upgraded an android’s cell before. In fact, I’ve never even seen an android before today,” a scrawny, pale green unicorn with a greasy brown mane gushed as he telekinetically adjusted the new stasis field that AMAZO’s cell had. “I wish I could study him. Who knows what wondrous mechanics could be under that gold shell?”

“You’re here to upgrade his cell, Fixit, not dissect him. That kind of talk could spook him into bailing,” Warden Penn said sternly.

“I know,” Fixit said sadly.

“So, what all are you adding?” a unicorn guard asked as he poked his head out from behind AMAZO’s back. The prisoner was being telekinetically held in place by six unicorn guards.

Perking up, Fixit rattled off, “Stasis field to prevent telepathy, shape shifting, and telekinesis; motion-triggered cannons of liquid nitrogen; extra layers of lasers on his cell door; and a ring of laser bars surrounding his immediate sitting area.”

“Is that enough?” Warden Penn fidgeted.

“No. I also threw in something special: I’ve installed electromagnetic pulse emitters that are constantly disrupting whatever machinery AMAZO’s made of. It won’t hurt him, but he will feel slightly uncomfortable as time goes on. He’ll get used to it, though,” Fixit said.

“What about the powers he got from Discord?” a guard asked.

Sighing, Fixit explained, “Those...I don’t think I can dampen. Discord was above science, above logic. The only thing that hurt Discord were the Elements of Harmony and, somehow, AMAZO.”

“How exactly did AMAZO hurt Discord?” the first guard asked.

“Nopony knows,” Warden Penn said. “The princess got there after the deed was done.”

“For what it’s worth, his cell is ready now,” Fixit said, glancing towards the empty cell.

“Good work, Fixit.” Turning towards the six guards, Warden Penn said, “Escort AMAZO into his cell and don’t let go until Fixit gives the order.”

“Yes sir,” the guards barked as they telekinetically guided AMAZO back to his cell and sat him down. Fixit then fiddled with a keypad next to the cell door, triggering an array of lasers, the two energy fields, and the motion sensors. At the activation of the electromagnetic field, the android felt its entire body slightly seize in shock, then a constant feeling of faint weakness. The field was disrupting the information flow between the millions of nanomachines in AMAZO’s body. The android felt sluggish for the first time since it left Earth.

“You may let go now,” Fixit ordered. The guards did so and AMAZO staggered a bit, but not enough to set off the motion detectors.

“Is he okay? I want him jailed, not dead,” Warden Penn said with concern.

“He’s fine,” Fixit said. “He’ll get used to it.”

“You sure?”

“I’m sure.”

“Warden Penn, we have a situation,” a seventh guard said as he galloped up to the group.

“What now?” Warden Penn asked as he facehoofed.

“There are four ponies and a buffalo here to see the android,” the guard huffed, out of breath.

“Oh for... Let them in and remove only the blindfold,” Warden Penn scoffed.

“Yes sir,” the guard barked before turning and galloping away.

--

“How powerful do you think AMAZO is? I mean, what are his upper limits?” Reigns asked as the group waited for the next step in the visitor clearance process.

“I don’t know honestly. I mean, he can warp reality now so I guess his power is limitless,” Derpy replied.

“Then why is he subjecting himself to jail time? Couldn’t he just refuse to debase himself to such treatment? He could be using his powers for good as community service.”

“He’s doing it to protect me from searches. Princess Celestia knows he’s close to me. If he escapes, then I’m the first suspect on the list of ponies who would hide him from the police.”

“Why did he surrender in the first place?”

“He was going to leave Equestria, but I convinced him to stay for me.”

“That was sweet of him to stay for you,” Annie swooned.

“Yeah, I guess it was,” Derpy said.

“You’re clear,” the pony at the front desk finally said. “A guard will escort you to the prisoner’s cell.”