• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 4,156 Views, 78 Comments

AMAZO visits Equestria - KingDogbertXIV



A power-duplicating android from Earth lands in Equestria seeking power.

  • ...
6
 78
 4,156

Chapter 7

“Alright, we’re here, but how do we find the Hooves’s residence?” Dr. Bighorn asked.

“Yeah,” Annie said. “None of these houses are labeled. How do we know which one to call up to?”

“See that lavender unicorn up there? Her pacing around means she’s waiting for something. She isn’t a pegasus, so she’s a visitor,” Reigns indicated, pointing towards a pony pacing on the porch of a nearby cloud home.

“Let’s ask her,” Annie said. She then galloped to right under the home and called, ”Hey! Hey, Ms. Lavender Unicorn! Can you come down here? I need to ask you something!”

Within an instant, the unicorn had teleported to ground level and was now facing Annie. “Yes? Are you Dr. Bighorn?” she asked.

“No,” Annie said. Pointing towards the elderly buffalo that was trotting up to them, she said, “He is. And the beefy stallion is Reigns, his assistant. I’m Annie, Dr. Bighorn’s other assistant.”

“I’m Twilight Sparkle. I was up there watching for Dr. Bighorn for my friend, Derpy Hooves. Derpy’s filly, Dinky, has been sick lately, but we think she’s better. It may not have been Horn Cell Disease after all,” Twilight explained.

“That’s great, but I still need to look her over,” Dr. Bighorn said.

“Of course,” Twilight said. “Do you all have your cloud-walking spells active?”

“Annie activated them this morning,” Reigns said.

“Excellent,” Twilight exclaimed. “Now, I’m going to levitate you all up to the house. Are you ready?”

“Yes,” the trio of medical professionals said in unison.

“Alright, now hold still.” Twilight commanded. She then closed her eyes and started the levitation spell.

--

“But, your highness, what if the gold intruder returns? Sure, he didn’t steal anything yesterday, but you can’t be too careful. I suggest we double our guard,” the pegasus guard stationed near the vault said.

“Calm down, Jet. As soon as I fix the vault, we forget it happened. Besides, I doubt it would make a difference anyway,” Celestia said.

“But Zephyr and I want to make sure every inch is safe. What if he goes to the dungeon and breaks the prisoners out?”

“Why would he do that?”

“...That’s a fantastic question.”

“I’ll be improving the structural and magical integrity of the vault. That, and I’ll go personally check the dungeon.”

“All levels?”

“Yes. I’ll check all levels, especially...that level,” Celestia said with a faint shudder.

“...You still have nightmares about him, don’t you? We all do.”

“Yeah...”

“Want to talk about it?”

“...No thanks. You go alert the dungeon guards of my visit. I’ll be here fixing the vault.”

“Of course, Princess.”

Jet then trotted away, oblivious to the android that was following him underground.

--

“Derpy, this is Dr. Bighorn, Reigns, and Annie. They’re here to look at Dinky,” Twilight said introducing the trio of medical professionals.

“I’m Derpy Hooves. I’m deeply grateful that you came all the way here,” Derpy said, shaking hooves with each one.

“I’m just glad that it sounds like Dinky’s better,” Annie said as she telekinetically pulled out a quill and paper.

“Yeah, it was a few nights ago that her condition started turning upwards. We didn’t try anything new so I’m not sure what made her improve,” Derpy explained.

“So her body finally had a breakthrough in fighting it. Sounds like a bad virus, but not Horn Cell Disease. If she had Horn Cell Disease, then, by now, she would be dead, not recovering,” Dr. Bighorn said as Annie jotted some notes down.

“Right. That’s why we think it was a misdiagnosis,” Twilight said.

“Who diagnosed her?” Reigns asked.

“Nurse Redheart down in Ponyville General. She wasn’t completely sure, though,” Derpy answered, stretching the truth.

“Has Dinky stirred at all since her turn for the better? Is she on any meds now?” Dr. Bighorn asked as he approached the bed.

“Not really. She’s been sound asleep. I’ve been giving her Loretab once per day at noon, and Melatonin at 9 at night,” Derpy said.

“Alright,” Annie confirmed, still writing.

“Let’s get some vitals here,” Dr. Bighorn announced. He then opened his saddlebags and pulled out a smaller bag containing an assortment of tools including a blood pressure cuff, a stethoscope, a thermometer, and various lights and scopes.

Without a word, Annie and Reigns trotted toward the bed and began their examination.

--

The dungeon was unsurprisingly dark, yet oddly sanitary compared to most dungeons that AMAZO had seen in its travels. There were multiple levels: one for each type of pony, one for the still injured Changeling Queen where she was sedated, and, finally, a level deep underground that contained something that fascinated AMAZO. It was a gnarled statue of a tall, thin monster with a look of horror upon its face. Its body, composed of various animal parts, was twisted and curled in discomfort. The android sensed no life in the statue. This, according to Twilight’s journal, was Discord’s prison, resting place of the chaos god that nearly regained his evil throne. The statue was located in the back of a 50-foot room. The guards outside his cell lacked proper clearance to enter the cell. Only a Princess, AMAZO assumed, could enter.

Sighing at the lack of telepaths in the dungeon, AMAZO’s eyes lit up to a bright white as he started to scan Canterlot’s most dangerous prisoner. From top of the horn and antler, AMAZO started only to suddenly stop. Confused, AMAZO tried again. Nothing. Was this now just a statue, destined to rot forever in a dungeon cell? AMAZO sensed no abilities within this shell. Furrowing its brow in frustration, the android tried repeatedly to scan the statue, but to no avail. Finally, after a few more failed attempts, AMAZO sighed in defeat, teleported away.

--

“Reigns, pass me the multi-scanner. I want a closer look. Her vitals look a tag sluggish, but nothing terrible,” Dr Bighorn said as he wrote down some numbers.

“Multi-scanner? What’s that?” Twilight asked as Reigns pulled out what appeared to be a radio-like device with a main screen, a joystick, and several buttons. On the top and back were various probes and lenses.

“The multi-scanner, invented by Reigns himself, lets us do all sorts of medical scans, such as x-ray or CAT scan or ultrasound without the use of heavy machinery,” Annie explained as Reigns hoofed the device to Dr. Bighorn.

“That’s incredible,” Twilight beamed.

“As long as it works,” Reigns said.

“Let’s see if there’s anything going on in there,” Dr. Bighorn said to no one in particular. He then turned the device on, set it to “all,” and slowly moved it over Dinky’s head.

“Well?” Reigns asked. The device beeped and displayed six different views of Dinky’s head, once for each frequency.

“Everything looks okay, but not great. Whatever she had really knocked her down,” Dr. Bighorn said. Turning towards Derpy, he asked, “Has she been discharging from her horn lately?”

“Yes,” Derpy replied. “Big ones.”

“Then that says she had something big. I’d like a few samples to test,” Dr. Bighorn said.

“Test where? We’re light-years from our hospital,” Annie protested.

“Ms. Hooves just said there’s a hospital here. Surely we can use their equipment,” Dr. Bighorn said as if the solution was obvious. “Now, who has the cotton swabs and the scraper?”

Reigns facehoofed and Annie sighed in annoyance.

--

AMAZO sat on top of the highest roof of the castle deep in thought. What exactly was Discord and what exactly did the Elements of Harmony do to him? Was he just an inanimate statue now? Was there anything left to scan? Or was Discord too powerful for the nanotechnology to duplicate?

“Enjoying the view?” a familiar voice asked. With one fluid motion, the android formed a mace in its hand and whipped around to see Princess Celestia sitting calmly with a pleasant smile on her face. “I mean no harm so please put that thing away,” she said calmly.

“Why are you here?” AMAZO asked.

“Same as you, I imagine: to think in a peaceful place above it all.”

AMAZO, still cautious, said nothing.

“In case you haven’t picked it up already, my name is Princess Celestia, co-ruler of Equestria.”

“I’m AMAZO.”

“It’s nice to meet you, AMAZO. If I may ask, what were you thinking about?”

“There are two problems that I face. One involves Discord.”

“D-Discord?” Celestia stammered, turning pale.

“I could not duplicate his power. I suspect he is nothing but stone now.”

“He is. Were you in his cell?”

“Yes.”

“You saw the statue?”

“Yes.”

“The Elements encased him in an impenetrable, unbreakable stone shell. I’m not sure if you can scan him unless he’s free.”

“Then I shall free him.”

“No,” Celestia screamed.

“Then what? I desire his power.”

“I... Please don’t.” Celestia begged.

The android gave no reply before teleporting away, leaving a horrified Celestia to panic..