• Published 17th Nov 2012
  • 4,470 Views, 188 Comments

The Symphony of Love Keeps No Rhythm - aKaPinkiePie



Vinyl's former best friend Octavia comes to Manehattan after being in Canterlot for five years.

  • ...
8
 188
 4,470

Ranting

Octavia had no idea how long she and Vinyl had been lying on the sofa. Maybe an hour, maybe days? Okay, days might be a little too exaggerated, but it had been a while. The cellist had no intentions of moving, though. Why would she? She had Vinyl’s chest warming her back and her breath tickling her ear. If perfection had a definition, this was it.

Of course fate would not want someone to enjoy a perfect moment forever, so her stomach growled. Damn traitor.

“Some food would be nice, don’t you think?” Another growl confirmed Vinyl’s question. “I don’t think we’ve got any food in the fridge though. Wanna go to Joe’s?”

“Can’t we just stay here? I don’t wanna move,” Octavia whined.

“I always go to Joe’s on Sundays for breakfast, it’s a tradition. Anyways, I don’t think I have any eatable food,” Vinyl said with a yawn. “Oh and that reminds me, he mentioned earlier having to shut down the bar.” A frown came onto Vinyl’s face.

“What?” Octavia screeched. “Why?”

“Too low income.”

“Is there anything we can do?”

“Unless we can increase his income by thirty percent, not really no.”

“I think I might know someone who does. You just go ahead to Joe’s and I will meet up with you there in an hour, okay?” Octavia said with a sly smile.

“Aw, but I thought we were gonna hang out!” Vinyl said with a fake hurt expression. In reality this was just the opportunity she needed.

“I just have to do this one thing and we can hang out for the rest of the day okay?”

“Only for you,” Vinyl said with a smirk. They both walked outside. When they were about to part Vinyl gave Octavia a peck on the mouth. She had to credit Octavia for keeping the blush down to a minimum. She, by herself, did not blush at all. Vinyl would never blush.

That was until Octavia pulled her in for a full make out session with more tongue than what was considered publicly decent. This caused Vinyl to blush furiously.

“Tavi, public decency?” Vinyl whispered. “Oh, eh. Sorry?” Octavia blushed as well. After a couple of moments of awkwardness they parted ways, both taking opposite directions.

Despite the calm blissful hour and fourteen minutes earlier Vinyl had not been lost like Octavia. No, her senses had been on their sharpest. Every minute counted, every detail absorbed and most of all her brain had worked full time.

First she had thought about her and Octavia. Let’s just say she was mildly surprised when Octavia kissed her. She was even more surprised when she found herself pressing into it with equal passion. She had always liked Octavia as a friend, but she had never really thought about her that way.

That’s what she thought. After a while of contemplating she realized that all along she had liked Octavia. A lot. She just had not realized it before Octavia had made her move. The fact that she had not dated since she’d met Octavia should have given a little hint. Or the fact that she drank until she fainted at the end of every month because it reminded her how much she missed the mare.

She did not blame Octavia, neither did she blame herself. But she did want to make it right again, so she had planned. After one hour and five minutes of intense concentration she had formed a plan and was refining it. After nine minutes of refining her plan, Octavia’s stomach had grumbled. She’d have to pay Octavia’s stomach back later for the perfect timing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Octavia found herself walking down the street towards Joe’s with two exhausted ponies. When Octavia came rushing in the door the scene inside was one she wished she’d never seen. She mentally cursed herself for not knocking on the door. Let us say it like this. Spitfire and Neon had not slept a whole lot that night due to some unspoken activities, and they had not quit before Octavia had rushed in. No, no you’ve pretty much got the right idea about what kind of activities she was talking about.

Eventually the awkwardness had evaded and Octavia had explained why she had rushed inside. She had told Spitfire about Joe’s problem and the wonderbolt had instantly agreed to help out. If the place meant half as much as Octavia claimed it did to her Spitfire would not hesitate for a moment to help.




“It probably would have been, if I remembered anything that is.” “What happened?”

“Vinyl wanted me to dance so I decided to take a couple of glasses of whiskey to steel my nerves. That’s the last thing I remember before waking up in her bed.”

“Then what happened?” Neon was slightly interested. Octavia cringed as she remembered the bathroom. She was going to have nightmares about that for years. Before she could reply, however, they reached their destination.

Once inside they saw Vinyl sitting in their usual booth looking bored. Her mood instantly brightened when she saw the others approaching. A smirk made its way onto her face.

“Hey Spitfire and Neon!” Vinyl grinned at them.

“Heya” They said in unison. They all sat down and got comfortable when Joe came over to take their orders. There was a moment of silence before Spitfire spoke up.

“So Vinyl, Octavia told me she can’t remember what happened last night. Would you mind filling us in?”

“Oh, you should had seen the filly. It was priceless. The way she moved her flank most likely turned eighty percent of your customers into fillyfoolers, Neon,” Vinyl exclaimed and a laugh rose from everypony but Octavia who was blushing madly.

“And how about you Vinyl, where does your barn door swing as they call it?” Spitfire looked at Octavia and expected a wince. Though instead Octavia was smiling.

“Did you not hear? My barn door stays open for one mare, and one mare only. And that’s Tavi.”