• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 1,487 Views, 155 Comments

The Reception - sister_mike



Part 3 of "The Reception" triology. The final battle.

  • ...
5
 155
 1,487

Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight and her friends floated softly to the ground. The rainbow light slowly began to dim, and once it had vanished, Celestia stood tall, her eyes closed. Her coat was back to its magnificent shade of white, her mane was bright and colorful, the colors of the rising sun, and when she spoke, her voice was soft and kind.

"Thank you, Twilight Sparkle," she said softly, "Thank you all."

A single tear rolled down the cheek of the princess. Twilight's heart ached and she took a hesitant step towards her idol.

"Are you alright, princess?" Twilight asked.

"Yes," Celestia said, as she opened her eyes. "I cannot begin to thank you enough."

"There's no need to thank us, princess. It was our duty as the Elements of Harmony. Of course we were going to save you and Equestria," Rainbow Dash said.

"But there is need for many thanks. I failed my kingdom. And if it were not for you six, I'd still be corrupt and under that devil's spell," Celestia said, anger in her voice. Twilight had never heard Celestia be angry before.

"What exactly happened, Princess Celestia? How did she do this to you?" Twilight asked.

"There is nothing to explain. It is simple. She overpowered me. The energy of love that she fed off of Shining Armor made her more powerful. And when it came down to a duel, I lost. She put a spell on me, one in which I could not move and could not talk. I could barely think. But I could always see," Celestia said, "I could see what she was doing to my kingdom. And as she began to feed the dark energy into me, my rationale and my self-identity began to be pushed further and further into the back of my mind. There was nothing I could do to stop it. Soon, a new, dark identity began to take over, and I could do nothing but sit by idly."

"So you could hear us when I tried to wake you?" Twilight asked.

"Yes. I could hear and see everything. I could see her and her changelings putting innocent ponies into cocoons. I saw when she arrested my sister. And I felt so ashamed, so useless, because I could do nothing to stop her," Celestia said quietly.

"You were in that room? The whole time, from the very beginning?" Twilight asked softly. "Spike said he didn't know where you were."

"My appearance had been altered. It even took you some time to think about where I was," Celestia said. "Even my sister couldn't detect my presence."

"But you're ok now? The darkness is all gone?" Twilight asked, "Or is some of it still there, like with Princess Luna?"

"With Luna, it is different," Celestia explained, "Since she brought on the darkness herself. For me, it is all cleansed. I am myself again. It is all gone, because it was forced upon me. I am sorry that I attacked all of you. You don't know what's it like, not being able to stop your own actions. I had no control over my body, or over what I said."

"It's ok, princess. You're safe now, and now we're going to defeat Chrysalis," Twilight said, holding her head high.

"Do you think you could heal me first maybe?" Rainbow Dash asked. She was slumped up against Applejack again, and was looking very pale.

"Oh dear me, of course," Celestia said, approaching the blue pegasus at once. She lowered her horn and a soft glow emitted from it. It surrounded Rainbow Dash, and within seconds, all of the blood was gone and so was the hole in her wing.

Rainbow Dash stood on her own and stretched her wing. The color was back to her coat and she jumped in the air and flew around in a few circles.

"Back in business! Awesome! Thank you, princess!" Rainbow Dash said, punching the air with enthusiasm.

"Um... I think maybe my wing could use some healing too..." Fluttershy said. She said it so quietly that Twilight was surprised the princess had heard it at all.

Celestia smiled and walked over to Fluttershy. She healed her broken wing, and then examined the rest of the group, who seemed to miraculously have little to no injuries.

"Now let's go get that Queen," Celestia said, determination in her voice.



Celestia led them to the castle and up the stairs. She burst through the door, the six ponies flanking her. She stood tall and glared at Chrysalis.

"I sssee they've changed you back," Chrysalis said, a terrible smirk on her face.

"Your magic on me was not powerful enough to defeat the Elements of Harmony," Celestia declared.

"But your preciouss Elements weren't powerful enough to beat me," Chrysalis said.

"Now I am here to guide them, and aid in their power. And so shall my sister," Celestia said.

Celestia scanned the room. Her face turned even angrier.

"Where is Luna! What have you done with her?" Celestia shouted. Chrysalis cackled.

Twilight panicked and began to scan the room as well. Luna was gone. There seemed to be no trace of her.

"There! Up there!" Rarity shouted.

Twilight and Celestia both looked up sharply. There, hanging in a gigantic cocoon and banging on it from the inside, was Princess Luna.