• Published 6th Nov 2012
  • 1,487 Views, 155 Comments

The Reception - sister_mike



Part 3 of "The Reception" triology. The final battle.

  • ...
5
 155
 1,487

Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Twilight Sparkle

"C-C-C-Chrysalis's-s c-c-castle?" Fluttershy squeaked.

"Chrysalis has a castle?" Twilight asked.

"They do not call her a queen for nothing," Luna said, still staring up at the castle. "Come. We must go inside."

"Wait, princess, what's the plan?" Twilight asked, "What if there's an ambush waiting for us?"

"There isn't," Luna said, "It's just Chrysalis and my sister. All of the changelings are in Equestria. The plan is that I need you six to go after my sister. I will distract Chrysalis."

"What of us, your Highness?" one of the guards asked.

"CloudsArmour, Titan Wings; you stick with the Elements of Harmony. The rest of you are with me," Luna said.

Luna led the group into the towering cave. The unicorns provided light as they walked through the empty cavern. Applejack had to keep a hoof on Fluttershy to ensure that she wouldn't run away. The yellow pegasus kept shaking and squeaking every few seconds.

The walk in the cave was short. Soon they were ascending and were out the other side, steps away from Chrysalis's castle. Up close, the castle looked more run down than Twilight had initially thought. Most of the windows were broken, and those that weren't, were completely covered in dirt. The door was broken, barely hanging on its hinges. The inside of the castle looked just as dark as the cave had been.

"Is this really her castle?" Rarity asked.

"No; this land, this untamed land, was once a powerful kingdom, ruled by beautiful and majestic beasts. That time has long passed. Chrysalis has merely taken the castle as her dwelling, as changelings hold no formal territory," Luna explained.

"How do you know Chrysalis is here?" Twilight asked.

"My sister would not have come here otherwise. She was retreating to her 'master'," Luna said.

They walked into the castle. The unicorns again provided the light. Luna lead them up a flight of stairs and then turned to the right. She paused in front of a set of great doors. An eerie green glow came from inside the room. Twilight could hear voices on the other side as well.

"... Elements of Harmony to change me back to normal," came Celestia's warped voice.

"It can't be done," Chrysalis said, "You've been fed too much dark energy. Those ussselesss Elementss can't harm you, as they didn't harm me."

"Are you certain?" Celestia asked, "Because they ssseemed pretty sure they would work. My sister was the one who told them to use them on me."

"Are you questioning my authority?" Chrysalis hissed, "Remember who gave you such awesome powers. I can take them away from you, I can take your consciousness away and turn you into nothing but a shell!"

There was the sound of a whimper, as though Chrysalis struck Celestia.

"Besssidess," Chrysalis said, "One of the Elementss is broken."

"But they were working," Celestia said, "It didn't matter that the Element of Magic was broken."

"What!?" Chrysalis screamed.

"The power lives within them," Celestia said, "The trinkets are just a ruse."

"We are going to have to gather even more energy then, if we hope to defeat them," Chrysalis said angrily.

"I thought you said that we were strong enough to defeat them anyways," Celestia said.

"Do not question me! More energy would merely be a precaution!" Chrysalis shouted. "Are you certain they didn't follow you here?"

"They couldn't have; I left before they had the chance," Celestia said.

"You are wrong," Luna bellowed.

She kicked down the door and entered the room with her head held high. Chrysalis and Celestia were standing in the centre, a slow waft of green energy entering Chrysalis. Some poor creature that Twilight didn't recognize was in a cocoon in the far back corner.

"It seems that with your transformation, you can no longer detect my presence, sister," Luna said.

"How dare you intrude into my cassstle!" Chrysalis shouted.

"Like you intruded into ours?" Luna asked darkly, her eyes narrowing.

Luna charged at Chrysalis, four of her royal guards following behind her. Titan Wings and CloudsArmour stayed with the mane 6. Luna and Chrysalis's horns locked, magic sparking.

"Get out of here Celessstia!" Chrysalis ordered.

Celestia glared at Twilight and took a step back. Celestia glanced towards a nearby window and back to Twilight.

"She's going to make a run for it again!" Twilight said.

Applejack and Twilight began to run for Celestia. Celestia bolted across the room towards the window.

"We can't let her escape!" Applejack exclaimed.

Celestia reached the window and began to fly out. Twilight kept running, not sure what else she could do. Just as she was about to turn back and tell CloudsArmour and Titan Wings to go after Celestia, a streak of rainbow zoomed past her.

Twilight and Applejack reached the window in time to see Rainbow Dash tackle Celestia to the ground.

"Quick! Titan Wings, CloudsArmour, help Rainbow Dash keep Princess Celestia grounded! The rest of us need to get down there—now!" Twilight shouted.

The two guards flew by Twilight and Applejack, and joined Rainbow Dash on the ground. Twilight and Applejack turned around and ran towards the door, the others following. Luna and Chrysalis continued to fight, as Luna's guards kept Chrysalis surrounded.

When Twilight and the others reached the ground, Titan Wings and CloudsArmour had Celestia pinned to the ground. Rainbow Dash was off to the side, blood surrounding her. She was slumped up against a rock for support.

"Rainbow Dash! Are you ok?" Twilight asked. She rushed towards her friend. Applejack helped Rainbow stand. The stitches that Dr. Whooves had provided had ripped open, and her wing was drenched in blood.

"Princess Luna told you not to fly!" Fluttershy said, a sternness in her voice.

"Couldn't... just let the... princess... escape," Rainbow Dash said.

"Come on girls; if we can change Princess Celestia back, she can heal Rainbow Dash," Twilight said.

Applejack and Fluttershy helped carry Rainbow Dash over to where the princess was being held down. Celestia was thrashing, trying to get CloudsArmour and Titan Wings off of her. They were struggling to keep her still.

"Quick; we have to get into formation before she uses her magic," Twilight said.

She and her friends quickly got into position. Twilight closed her eyes and concentrated on the magic flowing through her. Celestia began to panic harder, flailing wildly. She kicked off CloudsArmour and shot a beam of magic at Titan Wings. She jumped up and spread her wings, ready to take off.

But this time, the favor was in the hooves of the Elements. Twilight felt the energy of the Elements flowing through her and she opened her eyes. The princess took one step back, and shrieked, as the warm rainbow light completely enveloped her.